MTF is closing down

melscarandtruckrental
Fledgling

Re: MTF is closing down

Post by melscarandtruckrental »

OK Whats happening in West Kelowna thats positive. Anyone know?
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot than open it and confirm it !!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Doesn't matter - this thread is about MTF closing down. Saw what looked like a 70% off sign outside.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

southy wrote:Can someone explain to me whyso many WK residents who post on Castanet are so concerned about dollar stores, MTF, Walmart, etc. Is this an indicator of the social and economic status of most residents? Gosh ... not judging, it just seems odd that so many are reacting to low end businesses shutting down. There must be something positive happening in WK - is there not?????

Because people think it's a wiser economic decision to have hoards of places selling items for a dollar or a discount rather than venturing over the bridge once in a while to shop in the city of Kelowna.

It's amazing how worked up people get over one dollar store closing when they just opened two new ones in the last short while (by the former Future Shop and by the new theatre).

If they shut down one of the few larger grocery stores, sure...seems reasonable to be upset. But how often does one frequent a dollar store or an MTF?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I have never bought anything at MTF but some people seemed to like it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Fancy wrote:Doesn't matter - this thread is about MTF closing down. Saw what looked like a 70% off sign outside.

According to the staff, their lease expires Mar 1. They are looking for another location in West Kelowna.
That's what I was told yesterday anyway.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

gardengirl wrote:
    According to the staff, their lease expires Mar 1. They are looking for another location in West Kelowna.
    That's what I was told yesterday anyway.
We were in there earlier in the week and I asked an employee if they were moving or closing down and she said closing down.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Big ad in todays paper says they are closing that location as lease expires. It says please come visit us at our newly renovated Spall Road store. So it seems that they are not talking about any relocation for the West Kelowna store.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We were in the Spall road store yesterday and it seems much better organized than in the past.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

Just passed by and there is a very large red letter on white banner: LOCATION CLOSING. So that's the end of that store!
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.

Return to “Central Okanagan”