What the heck, City of Kelowna

SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What the heck, City of Kelowna

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

joer2012 wrote: And that alone would make for a better, happier Kelowna.

For someone who doesn't like whiners you sure whine a lot.
I love Kelowna just the way it is. :smt102
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
joer2012
Fledgling

Post by joer2012 »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:For someone who doesn't like whiners you sure whine a lot.

"Whining about whiners" is like two negatives, they make a positive.

:dyinglaughing:

Or maybe not.

:sunshine:
AB oil patch worker
Sunshine Tax Rebate recipient
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

If the beeping noise is too much, close your window at night..

Wait till the copshop goes in there..may be sirens every night..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

It sounds Like it will be a temporary situation .I used to live in a bigger city where there were sirens and traffic noise 24 /7.I find a white noise works for me, a steady continuous noise like waves can help you fall a sleep .I like to go for a ride in a 1929 ford trimotor. I always fall asleep on a plane.the drone of the engines do the trick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZf-g4CamEQ
Peace be with you.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Re: what the heck city of Kelowna

Post by Mtn Biker »

sierra wrote:In regards to the Siberian Elm eradication, you should really educate yourself as to what the effect of that species does and what it doesn't contribute to anything. You may have thought they were beautiful but they are a destructive and messy tree. It is not native to North America and contracts diseases and physical problems quickly. They are often breaking and causing alot of damage even while looking healthy. It is a host for pests and parasites therefore increasing money spent (Your f'in money)on eradicating these nuisances. Do yourselves a favour and go out and remove these useless trees once you see them. If you cut it at the base, it will likely be back so try and remove the roots. The extensive root system damages utilities, ruins properties and tears through pavement. They love sun and poor soil so they pop up everywhere from alleys to road sides. The amount of people that like them are below 5% and as a result of the massive amount of complaints in Kelowna, they were blitzed this winter. No trees were removed on anyones property so if you (MTN BIKER) think that you control what happens on the easement around your property then get a life. When would you like the work to be performed?? During the night?? Isn't this what this *bleep* match of a thread is about?? More whiney Kelowna softies at it again. Move if you have so much anger and hatred with the city, rcmp, rdco blah blah blah. I feel like slapping some of you around when I have to deal with you in the public, people are so arrogant and uneducated in this city and they never think of what the reprecussions could be before opening their mouths. How about the workers come by and whipe your *bleep* tomorrow and tell you how sorry they are for eradicating a pest?? Plant a tree in your yard if you want shade and privacy. These trees are being managed by competent and educated people and if you have a problem with that, go get a degree and apply with the city and see how easy you may think these choices are. The city does not change rules on a regular basis and if not for the change of working hours for Bernard, the construction would go on throughout the summer creating traffic congestion, businesses being really *bleep* off and an unattractive downtown core during tourist season. Just suck it up for this short amount of time or move, it's not rocket science. I live in the bush for a reason. To avoid these dilemmas in the first place and to avoid the typical bitchy Kelownian I see posting on here and frolicking around town in lulu and a BMW. What the hell is wrong with this place?

Wow I wish we could have this conversation face to face. Get your own life or pm me and we can discuss it privately and arrange a meeting and you can to tell me about wiping my backside and we’ll see how that goes.

You know nothing of the situation, but in typical castanet life you feel entitled to be so base and condescending, your comment is so typical of the grouchy self-important posters on this site. I know what the trees are and agree with you except for your lack of decorum. Coastal Cedars are everywhere and they are not native to this environment, need way more water and quickly become an eyesore if they don’t. What's your position on those? The point of the comment was that there was no involvement with the home owner, and what they did will have a direct effect on the quality of their life. You do know it gets hot here in the summer and now they have no shade trees. AGAIN, instead of taking shots at people (me), why don’t you be constructive and make a suggestion, or pm me and we can agree to meet.

As it turns out some of the trees are on my neighbors property. Further, they do not impact anyone else. They did provide shade for the home. They could have worked with him to find a win win solution instead of just doing as they please without consult. That's the point.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

joer2012 wrote:
Look at you. Trying so hard to grind a guy down. I actually enjoy the Okanagan and all the good things it presents to me. The lifestyle is great, and having no worries or pressures to fall for the Sunshine tax myth/trap makes for a pretty awesome life.

Thanks for thinking of me though, and making the paltry effort to grind my gears. 1/10 for effort.

I despise the prissy, selfish, stuck up, snobby, shallow, self important, arrogant noise that 'some' residents make. And the people who have so much spare time on their hands that they infest these forums 24/7 with their rants about cops, the City, City workers, workers, noise, dogs, geese, noisy neighbours, noisy hot tubs, stores, homeless people, trees, kids, traffic, the weather, tourists, Albertans, the price of skinny lattes, etc.

And I make no apology for despising all of that crap. Fewer of these whiny prissy people being around would make for a quieter life where people could work hard and get ahead. Kelowna would be a better community if people had decent work and jobs and a need to just get on with life, and moan and whine less. Instead of a day spent at the mall, Starbucks, hair salon, tanning salon, bar, club, ganghouse.....

People could then put their time and effort into helping others, making a difference, resolving issues, self-education,career development etc. And that alone would make for a better, happier Kelowna.

You have a lot of dislikes and that must make for a lonely life. I feel sorry for you. Can't find a job here so you're stuck in AB. Really feel for you. I think a few other posters dislike your perpetual negativity for all things Kelowna, and the comments above kind a support their claims. Either way, have a nice life. Or don't. We don't care.
joer2012
Fledgling

Post by joer2012 »

Mtn Biker wrote:
You have a lot of dislikes and that must make for a lonely life. I feel sorry for you. Can't find a job here so you're stuck in AB. Really feel for you. I think a few other posters dislike your perpetual negativity for all things Kelowna, and the comments above kind a support their claims. Either way, have a nice life. Or don't. We don't care.

Your ignorance is incredible. How am I "stuck in Alberta" when I am able to earn 3-4 times anything I could earn in the Okanagan and have my pick of jobs and as much work as I can handle? You make it sound like a bad thing to have all that. The sacrifice is quite small really

More Kelowna ignorance from people brought up on the sunshine tax, thinking the sun shines out of its rear end. It does not.

My previous post was on topic, relating to how I handled a similar situation to the OP. I will try to remain on topic.
AB oil patch worker
Sunshine Tax Rebate recipient
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Edit update, My post stands and in part was a response to Anonymous123 who
has since deleted their post!!
-db

And how, pray tell, is that anywhere near on topic????

This is about back up beepers on commercial vehicles into the night.
NOT a personal vendetta against another forum member.

Just because you don't agree with what someone else posts does not give you the right
to form a lynch mob to hunt another down!!!!

Back up beepers are there for obvious safety reasons, and laws.

I run three different commercial machines, all have beepers.

A previous employee tried to dismantle the beeper on our newest machine
as he thought it "bugged' people. What he found is once it was disconnected,
the machine would not start!!

Just because a business is conducting it's necessary duties during a less traffic prone time
does not constitute shunning the laws and, safe work practices.

What happens if a commercial vehicle, truck, loader, forklift runs over and hurts or kills some
homeless person hoveled in somewhere for shelter?
Someone walking home from a club?
and they find the beeper has been disabled????

In comes Worksafe B.C., fines are issued, possible charges laid, and a cease and desist order for the
business is issued.

And all the snivelers that think their own -------- don't stink, will fry them
on the forums and to anyone who will listen!!!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Recycling a thread

Good luck enforcing this CoK, going to give police stop watches. [icon_lol2.gif]
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... ling-bylaw

Many of the newer vehicles are setup for this, mine isn’t I have no plans on replacing starters any time soon.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
spooker

Post by spooker »

GordonH wrote: Apr 22nd, 2022, 11:24 am Recycling a thread

Good luck enforcing this CoK, going to give police stop watches. [icon_lol2.gif]

Many of the newer vehicles are setup for this, mine isn’t I have no plans on replacing starters any time soon.
Maybe with the education people can recognize places where they can turn off the car instead of feeling that it's "inconvenient" ... makes me remember the myth we had so many decades ago that it used less gas to keep it idling vs restarting ... how many cars even have a carburetor anymore? Haven't seen anything but EFI since the late 90s ...

Whereas now the schools have "no idling" signs by the building this could help the surrounding streets where parents seem to like to keep it running before the younglings get out of class ...
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

As usual this topic hasn't been thought through by those who would like it ? How could a 'no idle' rule be enforced while in a drive-thru line up ?
Isn't the idea of installing a remote starter to allow your vehicle to warm up on cold mornings ?
Is the CoK going to allow those businesses to keep selling remote starters & then have bylaws that prohibit there use ?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

[quote=GordonH post_id=3013040 time=1650651886 user_id=74719
Many of the newer vehicles are setup for this,
[/quote]

Mine does this and I hate it. It can cause a bad hesitation if you are waiting to pull into traffic quickly.

I have the switch that turns it off/on held on with a folded piece of paper so that the car stays running.

Good luck enforcing this at schools as they don't even enforce the speeding and illegal parking now.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote: Apr 22nd, 2022, 12:29 pm [quote=GordonH post_id=3013040 time=1650651886 user_id=74719
Many of the newer vehicles are setup for this,
Mine does this and I hate it. It can cause a bad hesitation if you are waiting to pull into traffic quickly.

I have the switch that turns it off/on held on with a folded piece of paper so that the car stays running.

Good luck enforcing this at schools as they don't even enforce the speeding and illegal parking now.
[/quote]

Much less the noise bylaws for motorcycles and boats.
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Apr 22nd, 2022, 11:24 am Recycling a thread

I suspect enforcement will be very similar to the HOV lane.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Who thinks this nonsense up??? For starters, perhaps start synchronizing some traffic lights..
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “Central Okanagan”