What the heck, City of Kelowna

whatrukus

What the heck, City of Kelowna

Post by whatrukus »

*bleep* City of Kelowna I just need to vent and this form seems like a good place .........So we all know the city is screwing around on Bernard Ave, they are taking away parking spots thus forcing people to park farther away in residential areas, residential areas where we now have to pay for parking, so now I am going to have even less of a chance to park in front of my house.....oh and also they have a huge empty lot on clement where they store equipment and dirt for the Bernard project, last night all I hear from inside my house is the beep beep beep beep sound of Heavy equipment backing up and dump truck slamming their gates, sometimes its enough to shake my house, I noticed the time was just after 9, so I figured when 10 pm hit the noise would stop due to the Bylaw, but no, it didn't .....then I figured maybe it will stop by 11........nope, just after midnight they shut er down, so in short THANKYOU City of Kelowna for being a bunch of stuck up snobs, who don't seem to give two *bleep* about us taxpayers PS if anyone knows where these councilperson live please tell as I would love to go and park outside there houses and keep them up all night
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: what the heck city of Kelowna

Post by Fancy »

whatrukus wrote:what the heck City of Kelowna I just need to vent and this form seems like a good place .........So we all know the city is screwing around on Bernard Ave, they are taking away parking spots thus forcing people to park farther away in residential areas, residential areas where we now have to pay for parking, so now I am going to have even less of a chance to park in front of my house

I don't get how taking a few spots away from Bernard has anything to do with residential parking. There are two parkades nearby.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
whatrukus

Post by whatrukus »

I don't get why they have to work until midnight , I don't get why I still shovel my side walk for the city, I guess that will stop now
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You still didn't explain why fewer parking spots on Bernard affects residential neighbourhoods.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

No sympathy here....You apperantly live adjacent to an
industrial zoned area, industry is going to happen.

Back-up beepers are LAW for the SAFETY of ALL!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Construction Hours

An amendment to the noise bylaw was granted by Council to allow extended construction hours of 6 a.m. to midnight with occasional work outside these hours also permitted.

I would be PO too if I was in your situation.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
tryscotty
Fledgling

Post by tryscotty »

Sorry about your lack of sleep. And to all the non sympathizers. BEEP BEEP BEEP. JK
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

whatrukus wrote:, I noticed the time was just after 9, so I figured when 10 pm hit the noise would stop due to the Bylaw, but no, it didn't .....then I figured maybe it will stop by 11........nope, just after midnight they shut er down, so in short THANKYOU City of Kelowna for being a bunch of stuck up snobs, who don't seem to give two *bleep* about us taxpayers

It's very interesting that the City will regulate contractors doing private work to specific hours but the City themselves, and their sub contractors, do not have to, nor do they, abide by the same noise bylaws they themselves enforce on everyone else.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If that were me, I'd be emailing City Hall.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

whatrukus wrote:what the heck City of Kelowna I just need to vent and this form seems like a good place .........So we all know the city is screwing around on Bernard Ave, they are taking away parking spots thus forcing people to park farther away in residential areas, residential areas where we now have to pay for parking, so now I am going to have even less of a chance to park in front of my house.....oh and also they have a huge empty lot on clement where they store equipment and dirt for the Bernard project, last night all I hear from inside my house is the beep beep beep beep sound of Heavy equipment backing up and dump truck slamming their gates, sometimes its enough to shake my house, I noticed the time was just after 9, so I figured when 10 pm hit the noise would stop due to the Bylaw, but no, it didn't .....then I figured maybe it will stop by 11........nope, just after midnight they shut er down, so in short THANKYOU City of Kelowna for being a bunch of stuck up snobs, who don't seem to give two *bleep* about us taxpayers PS if anyone knows where these councilperson live please tell as I would love to go and park outside there houses and keep them up all night

I live off Richter north of the tracks and I could hear them too. Found it somewhat annoying at my distance, can't imagine being closer. I'd be *bleep* too. In similar fashion, the city parks crew came around last week and cut a number of elm trees down along my neighbors property, that we're adjacent their home, border their property and an alley (city property), without notification of the home owner. Just showed up on a weekday while all were at work and cut them to the ground. These trees provided privacy and all the shade for the west side of the home. They were maintained so they did not infringe on the alley. The city's answer was that elms are invasive trees. Well each case is different, and no other properties, city or otherwise we're impacted. How can they do that without involving the home owner? It was just wrong in my mind and shows the type of decision making at city hall is somewhat brain dead at times. Starts at the top.
whatrukus

Post by whatrukus »

Its just very frustrating that we have rules to follow and yet the city has completely different rules they can follow
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Maybe all these people that are working late into the night
should just quit their jobs!!! :spinball:

Do you think the people that own and run businesses along the other
"affected" area (Bernard), have a similar complaint?????
whatrukus

Post by whatrukus »

Its not the workers fault, it is the city's for allowing them to work until midnight
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Now, since you do all your shopping downtown along Bernard,
will you also complain about all the equipment working and the
lack of access to your favorite shops during business hours??

When do you propose the work get done?

They are restricted to a three phase system so as to have the least amount of impact
on the businesses in the "affected" area.
As a result each phase has had a amendment granted for extended working hrs.
so the project can move ahead , with significant progress in a short window
of time.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Mtn Biker wrote:I live off Richter north of the tracks and I could hear them too. Found it somewhat annoying at my distance, can't imagine being closer. I'd be *bleep* too. In similar fashion, the city parks crew came around last week and cut a number of elm trees down along my neighbors property, that we're adjacent their home, border their property and an alley (city property), without notification of the home owner. Just showed up on a weekday while all were at work and cut them to the ground. These trees provided privacy and all the shade for the west side of the home. They were maintained so they did not infringe on the alley. The city's answer was that elms are invasive trees. Well each case is different, and no other properties, city or otherwise we're impacted. How can they do that without involving the home owner? It was just wrong in my mind and shows the type of decision making at city hall is somewhat brain dead at times. Starts at the top.

I too live just north of tracks right off Richter and cannot hear a thing from Bernard. I do hear the equipment at Tolko running all evening though. Not overbearing but very noticeable.
Last edited by gman313 on Feb 13th, 2013, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”