Grow ops in your neighbourhood

keeny
Fledgling

Re: Grow Ops in your neighborhood

Post by keeny »

Treblehook wrote:Grow Ops in your neighborhood. For no effort on your part, you can get:

1. Rip off [ home invasions] involving guns. Yahoo, something exciting going on for a change;
2. Hydro By-Passes. Firetrucks and firemen!! More exciting times in the neighborhood;
3. Renters in the home who don't give a s^#t about the rest of the neighborhood. That can't be anything but positive;
4. Interesting strangers frequenting your area and they are mostly dopers. You can't beat that;
5. If you're lucky you might even be home when the HA or some other losers come by to announce the grow is now theirs;
6. There could even be an unannounced drive-by shooting because someone feels ripped off or ratted out;
7. You could be lucky neighbor suspected of tipping off the cops to get the place busted. Spice to your life or what!!
8. And the best case scenario is they expand the operation to include a small meth lab to increase their profits.

Coming to a neighborhood near you sometime soon!!!! Too funny eh?

You watch too many TV shows. When was the last meth lab/grow up busted here? None in recent memory.
Last time you read about massive drug rip-offs involving guns? You can spout out hypothetical situations all you want, it's just an insult to all responsible users/growers.

I don't recall ever saying I am above the law, but you can't just ignore the fact that a huge chunk of the population are what you would refer to as criminals, deserving of jail time. While we're at it since the law is the law, unquestionable, pointless to change, let's throw every speeder, stop sign blower and non-signaller in jail too! Holy crap, you drove from penticton to vernon and only passed 4 cars!

Your life would be so much better if they were all locked up, hey? Oh, now your local walk in went from 3 doctors to 1? Oh no!
Good luck finding an employee at canadian tire or walmart, they are down to 4 staff members (from 8). Garbage collectors now come once a month. Mcdonalds ceases to exist. No more pesky seniors at the mall or grocery store! Half of them are now locked up or suffering too greatly from "legal" drugs side effects to function! Your taxes have also shot up to 98% of your income, to pay for all the new prisons, and the 20k~ a year per prisoner.

OH THE HUMANITY!

God forbid we approach the marijuana situation with logic, and reason. Let us continue our backwards cycle of idiotic prohibition, since apparently it is time-tested and there is absolutely no alternative. As soon as drugs are legalized/decriminalized anywhere, that country soon falls into anarchy, disorder, chaos!

Oh, wait. http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... nalization

Sure, I could move, but I think YOU should move to Salt Lake city, it sounds like you would be happier there. And why should any human being have to move to gain equality, or to be treated with respect?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/119807979.html
Certainly lots of grow ops busted - wouldn't want to live by one.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

keeny wrote:You watch too many TV shows. When was the last meth lab/grow up busted here? None in recent memory.
Last time you read about massive drug rip-offs involving guns? You can spout out hypothetical situations all you want, it's just an insult to all responsible users/growers.

I don't recall ever saying I am above the law, but you can't just ignore the fact that a huge chunk of the population are what you would refer to as criminals, deserving of jail time. While we're at it since the law is the law, unquestionable, pointless to change, let's throw every speeder, stop sign blower and non-signaller in jail too! Holy crap, you drove from penticton to vernon and only passed 4 cars!

Your life would be so much better if they were all locked up, hey? Oh, now your local walk in went from 3 doctors to 1? Oh no!
Good luck finding an employee at canadian tire or walmart, they are down to 4 staff members (from 8). Garbage collectors now come once a month. Mcdonalds ceases to exist. No more pesky seniors at the mall or grocery store! Half of them are now locked up or suffering too greatly from "legal" drugs side effects to function! Your taxes have also shot up to 98% of your income, to pay for all the new prisons, and the 20k~ a year per prisoner.

OH THE HUMANITY!

God forbid we approach the marijuana situation with logic, and reason. Let us continue our backwards cycle of idiotic prohibition, since apparently it is time-tested and there is absolutely no alternative. As soon as drugs are legalized/decriminalized anywhere, that country soon falls into anarchy, disorder, chaos!

Oh, wait. http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... nalization

Sure, I could move, but I think YOU should move to Salt Lake city, it sounds like you would be happier there. And why should any human being have to move to gain equality, or to be treated with respect?

There is no logic to violation of the law. There is no justification of any kind at any time, ever. Period. The speeder and stop sign blower might seem innocuous to you until they slam into my car which is proceeding legally and kill my kid. So if I have a choice of paying higher taxes to lock them up rather than paying for my toddler's funeral, I'll gladly foot the bill for a greater prison population. Couldn't care less if I can never eat a Big Mac or buy a brake pad at Canadian Tire. My kid will be alive and the criminals will be in jail.

Tell you what... There is a great thing about YLW. You can board a flight there and within a connection or two be in lots of places where your vice is legal. Therefore, here are your choices, AGAIN:

Go to one of those places
Become involved with your community and change the law
Go to jail

The law is to be obeyed. What is it about this simple statement that you just can't understand? :127:
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Fancy wrote:http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/119807979.html
Certainly lots of grow ops busted - wouldn't want to live by one.

I hate to break it to you... you probably do.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Nope - know my neighbours and the nearest one was rooted out.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
keeny
Fledgling

Post by keeny »

Spocky wrote:
There is no logic to violation of the law. There is no justification of any kind at any time, ever. Period. The speeder and stop sign blower might seem innocuous to you until they slam into my car which is proceeding legally and kill my kid. So if I have a choice of paying higher taxes to lock them up rather than paying for my toddler's funeral, I'll gladly foot the bill for a greater prison population. Couldn't care less if I can never eat a Big Mac or buy a brake pad at Canadian Tire. My kid will be alive and the criminals will be in jail.

Tell you what... There is a great thing about YLW. You can board a flight there and within a connection or two be in lots of places where your vice is legal. Therefore, here are your choices, AGAIN:

Go to one of those places
Become involved with your community and change the law
Go to jail

The law is to be obeyed. What is it about this simple statement that you just can't understand? :127:

I understand perfectly. You mistake my statement. I am a firm believer in traffic laws because they make perfect sense and save lives.

I am against marijuana laws because they give criminals power (the REAL criminals), and money (that we could be collecting for tax reasons to better our province). Current marijuana laws protect no-one, at all. Kids can get drugs easier while these laws are in place because as the saying goes, dealers aren`t checking IDs (then again, a lot of gas stations/stores aren't either, a serious issue).

Maybe I am involved in the community working to fight these ridiculous laws? Ever think of that? Might explain my zealous attitude towards callous individuals like yourself who like to label me a criminal when you know nothing about me, and like to take what I have to say out of context?

There is a bigger issue however. The blind acceptance of laws merely because it's "the law". If the law is the law, why do I see officers fail to signal, fail to maintain speed, etc. when their lights are off and they are merely traveling from point A to B? Not saying they are right, but if the law is so holy and sacred, do you ever see these guys give themselves a ticket? Cuff themselves and wait for another officer to come take them to jail?

So to reiterate, because you seem to like ignoring hard pressed facts in favor of your blind acceptance of every law, laws that have proven to fail in the past (prohibition), that have shown POSITIVE RESULTS in countries/states where they are repealed and approached with logic and care for users/addicts (addicts are sick, not criminals, they are forced to resort to crime because there aren't enough options available for treatment! so they rob and steal to maintain their lifestyle since it is the only one they know).

But again, you're just going to ignore the facts and continue your silly morale charade that "the law is the law! obey! kneel, slave!". So until you do your homework and exit broken record mode, I will refrain from posting after this, as the ignorant seem to want to live in their pretend world where half the population should be locked in jail, where our money should be flushed down the toilet, all for a fake feeling of "safety". :127:
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

keeny... your responses are absolutely brilliant.. well thought out, supported by fact and certainly most articulately stated. I sure do appreciate being set straight on this topic.

Oh yes, I should have mentioned that my knowledge of the topic doesn't come from tv shows... to be sure. Of course, it doesn't matter where it comes from does it since this forum is merely for the expression of opinion!!
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

keeny wrote:
I understand perfectly. You mistake my statement. I am a firm believer in traffic laws because they make perfect sense and save lives.

I am against marijuana laws because they give criminals power (the REAL criminals), and money (that we could be collecting for tax reasons to better our province). Current marijuana laws protect no-one, at all. Kids can get drugs easier while these laws are in place because as the saying goes, dealers aren`t checking IDs (then again, a lot of gas stations/stores aren't either, a serious issue).

Maybe I am involved in the community working to fight these ridiculous laws? Ever think of that? Might explain my zealous attitude towards callous individuals like yourself who like to label me a criminal when you know nothing about me, and like to take what I have to say out of context?

There is a bigger issue however. The blind acceptance of laws merely because it's "the law". If the law is the law, why do I see officers fail to signal, fail to maintain speed, etc. when their lights are off and they are merely traveling from point A to B? Not saying they are right, but if the law is so holy and sacred, do you ever see these guys give themselves a ticket? Cuff themselves and wait for another officer to come take them to jail?

So to reiterate, because you seem to like ignoring hard pressed facts in favor of your blind acceptance of every law, laws that have proven to fail in the past (prohibition), that have shown POSITIVE RESULTS in countries/states where they are repealed and approached with logic and care for users/addicts (addicts are sick, not criminals, they are forced to resort to crime because there aren't enough options available for treatment! so they rob and steal to maintain their lifestyle since it is the only one they know).

But again, you're just going to ignore the facts and continue your silly morale charade that "the law is the law! obey! kneel, slave!". So until you do your homework and exit broken record mode, I will refrain from posting after this, as the ignorant seem to want to live in their pretend world where half the population should be locked in jail, where our money should be flushed down the toilet, all for a fake feeling of "safety". :127:

You just don't get it do you? Just because you say you're working to change the law the law is not changed yet! I'm a citizen just like you and I oppose cannabis legalization, and I can assure you I'm not alone. Democracy works through majorities. So set up a referendum, have it passed, and then you're on the right. Until then you're just like all the other pathetic whiners who are trying to justify their illegal vice and a:

CRIMINAL. GO TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200! :sillygrin:
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

As a person who has stood on both sides of the fence... my opinion is that legalizing drugs will reduce funding for illegal activities which in turn will reduce the amount of wannabees trying to run gro ops for organized groups because its simply not worth it.

Meanwhile the criminal side of me supports harsh drug laws and keeping all drugs especially marijuana illegal.

we need to justify the high price of narcotics if we are involved in the resale of them.. lowering their availability or giving stiff penalties only increases their value... grade 9 economics of supply and demand.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Spocky wrote:So if I have a choice of paying higher taxes to lock them up rather than paying for my toddler's funeral, I'll gladly foot the bill for a greater prison population. Couldn't care less if I can never eat a Big Mac or buy a brake pad at Canadian Tire. My kid will be alive and the criminals will be in jail.

Yea you gonna really teach them a lesson. It's so comical because while you starve the dealers are dining on caviar and you'll gladly keep the cycle alive just out of spite
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

goalie wrote:Yea you gonna really teach them a lesson. It's so comical because while you starve the dealers are dining on caviar and you'll gladly keep the cycle alive just out of spite

Did you even read my post or are you just angling for the Non Sequitur Of The Year Award? :127:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

cutter7 wrote:As a person who has stood on both sides of the fence... my opinion is that legalizing drugs will reduce funding for illegal activities which in turn will reduce the amount of wannabees trying to run gro ops for organized groups because its simply not worth it.

Meanwhile the criminal side of me supports harsh drug laws and keeping all drugs especially marijuana illegal.

we need to justify the high price of narcotics if we are involved in the resale of them.. lowering their availability or giving stiff penalties only increases their value... grade 9 economics of supply and demand.

well cutter
you say the criminal side of you supports harsh drug laws :200: :dyinglaughing:
now we know why you hate cops :ohmygod: :200: :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

yes truth... I've said it many many times... I base my opinions on my experiences.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Spocky wrote: I'm a citizen just like you and I oppose cannabis legalization, and I can assure you I'm not alone. Democracy works through majorities.

We Gotcha. You favour systems that support and fund terrorism, organized crime, political ambition and job security over the lives of your fellow citizens. You are so strong in your conviction, while an admirable trait, but in this case misguided, that you are willing to sacrifice your child's safety and risk that he or she ends up a victim of this current system.

I will not lend support to a system that promotes poverty, addiction and death. I cannot accept or justify the ongoing death and misery and waste and the risks to your kid, as well as every other kid, that our current sytem ensures. You can't see that for whatever reason, IMO it's because you, like many other people, just don't understand the issue and are unwilling to learn about it, even for the sake of their children, family and friends.
While this thread may be about growops, it always comes back to how they are but one component of a large and complex interaction of biological, psychological, historical, societal and environmental factors. But you won't ask those questions will you? To me, that's criminal.

And by all means, continue with the delusion that we are a true and honest democracy. You have that right under the Charter.
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

WhatThe wrote:We Gotcha. You favour systems that support and fund terrorism, organized crime, political ambition and job security over the lives of your fellow citizens. You are so strong in your conviction, while an admirable trait, but in this case misguided, that you are willing to sacrifice your child's safety and risk that he or she ends up a victim of this current system.

I will not lend support to a system that promotes poverty, addiction and death. I cannot accept or justify the ongoing death and misery and waste and the risks to your kid, as well as every other kid, that our current sytem ensures. You can't see that for whatever reason, IMO it's because you, like many other people, just don't understand the issue and are unwilling to learn about it, even for the sake of their children, family and friends.
While this thread may be about growops, it always comes back to how they are but one component of a large and complex interaction of biological, psychological, historical, societal and environmental factors. But you won't ask those questions will you? To me, that's criminal.

And by all means, continue with the delusion that we are a true and honest democracy. You have that right under the Charter.

My bold/itals. When the #$%& did I ever state those things? I really think that Castanet should offer a post comprehension course for the reading challenged. Welcome to the Castanet Twilight Zone where you write a post about liking burgers and you're accused of cannibalism. And no, this is not a true and honest democracy, it's a totalitarian dictatorship run by the world's sexiest man in Pyongyang. :127: Since this is taking on the marked appearance of Looney Tunes, Beedeah, Beedeah, Beedeah, That's All Folks! :trippyquoter:

Return to “Central Okanagan”