Telus internet in Shannon Lake area?

rioghnacha
Board Meister

Re: Telus internet in Shannon Lake area?

Post by rioghnacha »

It's the contract that makes me unwilling to switch. I have had enough hassle dealing with my cell provider and being held hostage for 3 years is not my idea of a good time.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

rioghnacha wrote:It's the contract that makes me unwilling to switch. I have had enough hassle dealing with my cell provider and being held hostage for 3 years is not my idea of a good time.

Us too. I would join, buy my own boxes too. But not for three years. I even opted out of the laptop or xbox or 300 visa ....
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
ride365

Post by ride365 »

rioghnacha wrote:It's the contract that makes me unwilling to switch. I have had enough hassle dealing with my cell provider and being held hostage for 3 years is not my idea of a good time.

You actually don't have to sign any contracts. You can also buy the boxes quite cheaply online or on sale at a local big box. The Shaw guide is terrible compared to the TELUS one. Shaw released a new guide but only to those with one of two boxes and many are having a lot of issues with it.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I've had telus internet and Optik TV for the last three years with no contract. They waived the rental fees on the DVR, but recently bought my own when Best Buy had them on sale for $89.

For the first two years, I got my TV and internet for about $35/month.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
rioghnacha
Board Meister

Post by rioghnacha »

Hmmmmm, might be time to shop around again.

Return to “Central Okanagan”