Where is Kelly Hayes when we need him?

Trigger69
Fledgling

Re: Where is Kelly Hayes when we need him?

Post by Trigger69 »

Mrmarvingardens wrote:Albert Einstein, Ernest Hemingway, Dylan Thomas et al in appearance, were unshaven,scruffy, and I suppose unprofessional, if appearances were any criterion.

Are you actually comparing Hayes to Albert Einstein, Ernest Hemingway, Dylan Thomas. WOW have you got a lot to learn.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Besides, superficiality is frowned on. If you believe this imagine what you are missing by not befriending everyone out late on Lawrence St.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Besides, superficiality is frowned on. If you believe this imagine what you are missing by not befriending everyone out late on Lawrence St.

Imagine the good you could do if you just tried to help one.
The shallow and the vain only trust the fast talking and well attired .That is why they fall for pawnzie schemes.
Yes dear Watson another crusade .
What would Kelly do ?
In my opinion if he saw a public figure being discredited for "no good reason"After putting his heart and soul into helping a city,He would get on top of of his soapbox and rant till the ones making petty accusations look as petty as there slander.
After he helped me and proved his worth all these years I consider him my friend.What less would you do for your friend?
Peace be with you.
Mrmarvingardens
Board Meister

Post by Mrmarvingardens »

When I first posted this thread/comment, How I hoped it would create some thought and introspection on the question of news reporting in general and onCcastanet in particular.
How disappointed I am I to learn that not one of the posts dealt with the subject matter, either by design or by those lacking the mental capacity to understand the subject at hand.
Instead,I read roinous commentary about an individual, that most or none at all knew personally, but still saw fit to post rancorous comments; mental flatulence that passed for thinking including , attacking others posts.
How sad.How disappointing.
May I suggest the following; put the subject to rest.
Attacking individuals serves no useful purpose, except I suppose it is a cheaper form of therapy than getting guidance from a professional. In the absence of some oversight by the Castanet moderators that say personal attacks are not allowed,
why not put your energy to work by doing some REAL thinking, choosing something that might make this world a better place. There is certainly no shortage of topics.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

When I first posted this thread/comment, How I hoped it would create some thought and introspection on the question of news reporting in general and onCcastanet in particular.

Then why didn't you say so .You mentioned Kelly specifically and brought out the haters.I think castanet does an amazing job with the resources it has .I'm a big fan .I love that it is unique to the okanagan and the rest have kijijijiji.And yes welcome.Show us your pain.
Peace be with you.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Mrmarvingardens wrote:When I first posted this thread/comment, How I hoped it would create some thought and introspection on the question of news reporting in general and on Castanet in particular.

I find it disappointing to see a news item on the TV and then find that Castanet has it as a lead story two days later. Internet news should be instantaneous, not delayed. There are too many people that think the world only runs from Monday to Friday 6:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Mrmarvingardens wrote:When I first posted this thread/comment, How I hoped it would create some thought and introspection on the question of news reporting in general and onCcastanet in particular.
How disappointed I am I to learn that not one of the posts dealt with the subject matter, either by design or by those lacking the mental capacity to understand the subject at hand.
Instead,I read roinous commentary about an individual, that most or none at all knew personally, but still saw fit to post rancorous comments; mental flatulence that passed for thinking including , attacking others posts.
How sad.How disappointing.
May I suggest the following; put the subject to rest.
Attacking individuals serves no useful purpose, except I suppose it is a cheaper form of therapy than getting guidance from a professional. In the absence of some oversight by the Castanet moderators that say personal attacks are not allowed,
why not put your energy to work by doing some REAL thinking, choosing something that might make this world a better place. There is certainly no shortage of topics.

Your initial post did nothing of the sort.
It was nothing but a retrospective on Kelly Hayes and how much poor Castanet suffered when he left...which would be exactly why the thread you started about Kelly Hayes, turned in to a thread about, well - Kelly Hayes.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

janalta wrote:Your initial post did nothing of the sort.
It was nothing but a retrospective on Kelly Hayes and how much poor Castanet suffered when he left...which would be exactly why the thread you started about Kelly Hayes, turned in to a thread about, well - Kelly Hayes.

Agreed. If the OP thinks that every single person misunderstood the intent of their OP, then chances are it was worded poorly. Don't blame us for your mistakes.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Mrmarvingardens wrote:Gone is Kelly Hayes from Castanet's news pages...and does it show.
Gone is the digger, who breaks news on local stories, (RCMP and Mantler)something for the most part the Kelowna media is reluctant to do.
Since his departure, the news pages are filled with press releases about local events,Health Shows and miracle cures, Associated press stories..mindless drivel, or lazy news.

I met Kelly a few years ago when we had a news worthy issue in our neighborhood, he was the only reporter to show up.
Kelly also showed up at many meetings where the public was invited to voice their opinions, no other reporters ever showed up!
Kelly was the best reporter that Castanet had!

Personally, Castanet news for local coverage sucks!
I don't think Castanet has a reporter that wants to dig or provide stories we want to read!
Local coverage of everyday events is seriously lacking!

Now, on the other hand, our Big News station sucks even more!
Someone should make a poll.

Kelowna lacks proper, thorough local news coverage.
Kelowna lacks professional news coverage period!
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

I resort to these forums to get my news.

Return to “Central Okanagan”