baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Two Bodies recovered from SUV

Post by baconbits »

Castanet ID's Murder victim
by Castanet Staff - Story: 87661
Feb 20, 2013 / 9:51 am

Photo: Contributed - Facebook
A Facebook page has already gone up for a woman believed to be one of the victims of Monday night’s homicide in West Kelowna.

Denise writes, "In loving memory of our beloved Tiffany.... Please only send love on this page...

And, "Omg miss you so much, huge hole in the world where you belong :-("

Tiffany Goruk and an unnamed male were found deceased inside of a black SUV that had crashed into a light pillar at the Terravita apartment complex on Auburn Road around 11 p.m. Monday night.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

TreeGuy wrote:A human life is a human life. Who are any of us to place a value on their lives. These were fellow humans that were born to a mother and a father. Someone right now is shedding tears over their death.

Drug dealers removed all value for their lives when they started profiting by ruining the lives of others.

MissL wrote:As someone who has had the awful experience of having a family member become victim to the awful things drugs can do to you I wouldn't have ever wished it on my worst enemy. However that family member was still someone I loved and thank god they got help and have been clean for quite some time. To all you people saying drug dealers and gang members deserve to die and you have no compassion to them, SHAME ON YOU! I hate to say this but I would love to see your opinion on the matter if one of your family members got into drugs and had their life pulled out from under their feet!

Erm, you do understand that it was a drug dealer and gang members that supplied the drugs that your family member was hooked on right? If all the drug dealing scum were dead your family member never would have fallen victim to this.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

baconbits wrote:Castanet ID's Murder victim
by Castanet Staff - Story: 87661
Feb 20, 2013 / 9:51 am

Photo: Contributed - Facebook
A Facebook page has already gone up for a woman believed to be one of the victims of Monday night’s homicide in West Kelowna.

Denise writes, "In loving memory of our beloved Tiffany.... Please only send love on this page...

And, "Omg miss you so much, huge hole in the world where you belong :-("

Tiffany Goruk and an unnamed male were found deceased inside of a black SUV that had crashed into a light pillar at the Terravita apartment complex on Auburn Road around 11 p.m. Monday night.

Castanet... please tell me that you didn't ID the victim using a Facebook page.
cubafreak
Board Meister

Post by cubafreak »

I had a problem with the headline "Castanet ID's murder victim" ??? It is rather mis-leading.........It should say Castanet releases ID of murder victim.............that is, if it really is her
The Equalizer

Post by The Equalizer »

"Castanet... please tell me that you didn't ID the victim using a Facebook page.Beerhunter341 "

Yes they did and the person responsible should be fired. That was completley inappropriate,tasteless and unprofessional.

THE NERVE
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

cubafreak wrote:I had a problem with the headline "Castanet ID's murder victim" ??? It is rather mis-leading.........It should say Castanet releases ID of murder victim.............that is, if it really is her

Yeah Castanet didn't do crap all, even if that is the right person.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

underscore wrote:[
Erm, you do understand that it was a drug dealer and gang members that supplied the drugs that your family member was hooked on right? If all the drug dealing scum were dead your family member never would have fallen victim to this.

Why dont we get rid of escallades while were at it? Because there are other choices for drugs dealers to drive. The same with dealers, lock one up and another will fill the gap. The problem isn't the dealers, it's our laws that make millionaires out of criminals because they are simply filling a gap on the supply chain.

Take them out of the loop and deal with the abuse from the demand side. In the case of this family member, they didn't kick the habit because the dealer got busted, they never should have started in the first place, and once hooked - treat the addicted. I'd say education is more important but if you ask most addicts why they continue to hurt themselves they'll say because deep down they hate themselves and don't care if it's ruining thier lives.
Last edited by Poindexter on Feb 20th, 2013, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

i agree, whack all the customers. the dealers are only filling a void. No customers = no market
maxx
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by maxx »

No name for the other victim yet.......sleuthing around the facebook turns up some interesting name associations.......hmmm.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/87661/Castanet-ID-s-murder-victim

Such a sad, sad thing to happen. May that beautiful Angel rest in peace.

Angel?
Was she?

I have my doubts, but I could be wrong.
I suspect she was a typical self indulgent girl who knew exactly the type she was keeping company with and like so many...found herself in a situation also very typical of the type she kept company with.

You reap what you sow.
What seeds did she sow?

Someone...please come forward and show me the err of my ways.
Show me that she was completely innocent of wrong doing and did nothing to deserve her final moments in that cab.
Until I'm proven wrong, I like so many others will have my opinions formed and will likely stick with them...unless...

Anyone?
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Poindexter wrote:Why dont we get rid of escallades while were at it? Because there are other choices for drugs dealers to drive. The same with dealers, lock one up and another will fill the gap. The problem isn't the dealers, it's our laws that make millionaires out of criminals because they are simply filling a gap on the supply chain.

Take them out of the loop and deal with the abuse from the demand side. In the case of this family member, they didn't kick the habit because the dealer got busted, they never should have started in the first place, and once hooked - treat the addicted. I'd say education is more important but if you ask most addicts why they continue to hurt themselves they'll say because deep down they hate themselves and don't care if it's ruining thier lives.

All of this is true, however I'd bet people would be less likely to become a drug dealer if they knew getting busted would result in execution. There are also dealers that get people addicted to their drugs, so not all addicts are victims of their own failings (albeit this is likely the minority of addicts).

A lot of systems in our country that need to get flipped around, and I agree that the way we treat drug addiction is one of them. Focus on helping the addicted first, and crack down on whatever idiots are still sticking around as drug dealers once we help shrink their customer base.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

So if the father was not the other victim, then no doubt he would be a prime suspect
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

judging by reading just a few facebook posts, the other guy was her boyfriend.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I am sure the staff at Castanet will not be pleased by this opinion/statement, but it seems to me that identifying one of the victims of the double homicide, before the police have formally released it, is about as irresponsible as the media can get. Most obvious is the possibility that member(s) of her family might hear about her demise in a most inappropriate way; and there is also a possibility that the media got it wrong and released the wrong name!!! Also, the police might have had investigational reasons, beyond consideration for the NOK, for withholding the identity of the female victim at this time. I have trouble accepting that it was released without some pointed discussion at the editor/management level at Castanet, which is unfortunate [if true] as doing so demonstrated a serious lack of ethics and professionalism. If it was released without management approval, somebody should be losing their job ASAP !! Is being the first to release the victim's names so bloody important as to risk such harm? I doubt it. The few hours more for the police to complete whatever it is they have to complete wouldn't have made an iota of difference to Castanet's readers. Very disappointing to see a breach of an important protocol for these kinds of situations.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/front ... 22013.html

A reliable source told The Daily Courier he believes the man is a mid-level drug dealer named Jamie and the woman is his girlfriend. A neighbour in the 2750 Auburn Rd. complex believes the woman is Tiffany, a condo resident aged about 35 and a mother of two.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.

Return to “Central Okanagan”