Pet-eating cougars killed

ticat900
Board Meister

Pet-eating cougars killed

Post by ticat900 »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#87681

REALLY is this neccessary in this day and age.Could we not tranquilize this beautifull animal and move it to a remote spot like mara mountain area or ??
The picture of Dean and Dylan congratulating each other on the kill makes me ill
What a great sport as we have dogs scare a cougar up a tree and then we heorically shoot it
wow what brave men these two a$$$$holes are
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Pet eating cougars killed

Post by gardengirl »

Clue in buddy. These cats killed 10 pets in a week. They were actively stalking in a residential area.
They are conditioned to kill livestock. They would find their way back unless they were shipped way, way far away from civilization.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Pets are easy catches for a cougar. So are kids. Better a dead cougar than a dead kid, yes?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
sissy

Post by sissy »

At least they won't get any more innocent pets or even worse, a child. BUT all in all to me it's a sad story both for the dogs, and the cougars. What beautiful animals they are.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

try reposting without personal attacks - Jennylives
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

The one that killed a woman near Princeton years ago weiged 67 lbs. that pair could take down almost anything, add no fear of humans and I am glad to see them gone.
Black Dogs Matter
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

gardengirl wrote:Clue in buddy. These cats killed 10 pets in a week. They were actively stalking in a residential area.
They are conditioned to kill livestock. They would find their way back unless they were shipped way, way far away from civilization.

NO U clue in. there wild animals.They should have tranquilized the cougars and relocated them
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

grammafreddy wrote:Pets are easy catches for a cougar. So are kids.?

Remember the fully grown adult cycist dragged off by a cougar? Man those cats are something.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

ticat900 wrote:They should have tranquilized the cougars and relocated them

False

Those cougars were not worth saving...no matter how beautiful they were.
I cannot disagree, the one I saw a pic of was a beaut...
They were conditioned to a point of being dangerous no matter where you relocate them to.
They cover too much territory to be sure they wouldn't find their way back to civilization...where they would certainly continue killing pets and eventually...given an opportunity...a child would have very likely been at risk, if they weren't already without our knowledge.

They did the right thing killing these cats...as shameful as that is...and as much as I loath our encroaching developments and subsequent eradication of nature.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

I find it pretty repulsive that castanet has a still shot from the video showing in the top right corner of they're homepage showing the two cougars in the back of the truck, c'mon I don't want to see that and I'm sure many others don't aswell!!

Perhaps a warning of "graphic content" would be suitable?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

They were beautiful animals and huge. A good warning to complacent people living in close proximity to wildlife.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Removed off topic - Jennylives
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Removed off topic - Jennylives
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Graham Adder wrote:False

Those cougars were not worth saving...no matter how beautiful they were.
I cannot disagree, the one I saw a pic of was a beaut...
They were conditioned to a point of being dangerous no matter where you relocate them to.
They cover too much territory to be sure they wouldn't find their way back to civilization...where they would certainly continue killing pets and eventually...given an opportunity...a child would have very likely been at risk, if they weren't already without our knowledge.

They did the right thing killing these cats...as shameful as that is...and as much as I loath our encroaching developments and subsequent eradication of nature.

Agreed. CO's know and care a lot more about these animals than the vast majority of the population, so if they shot them, then they needed to be shot.

baconbits wrote:I find it pretty repulsive that castanet has a still shot from the video showing in the top right corner of they're homepage showing the two cougars in the back of the truck, c'mon I don't want to see that and I'm sure many others don't aswell!!

Perhaps a warning of "graphic content" would be suitable?

Graphic content? It's just two animals lying down, no blood or guts. The picture would be the same if they had been tranquilized. If you're that sensitive... well the world must seem pretty offensive then.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Ok so we should show pictures and video of dead humans. As long as there's no blood or guts that is.

I have more respect for wildlife than I do for humans. They do what they have to do to survive and it's always changing depending what we have done to make them adapt to their natural environment.

It's our fault that those animals had to be put down, not theirs.

Return to “Central Okanagan”