Kelowna realtor review

OgopogoO
Board Meister

Re: Kelowna realtor review

Post by OgopogoO »

jimmy4321 wrote:Sellers need only lawyers. Having the buyer and selling realtors get together is a recipe for disaster for the buyer .

I just we could see the end of this fetid trade (a realtor is a trader, not a professional) once and for all.
Panzer130
Board Meister

Post by Panzer130 »

I just laugh at some of the comments made here:

"Cut their commissions in half", "Make them work harder", "Charge $100 or whatever is appropriate to post my listing on MLS",

I wish you worked for me. I would come in to the office today and say "I am cutting your wage in half and I expect you to work harder" I want more production, so I will pay you less!! The beatings will continue until moral improves!!
There are lousy workers in every profession. Hell, just walk into any business in Kelowna and you will receive lousy service.

The reality is, the majority of home owners have unrealistic expectations of what the true value of their home is or what it takes to replace it. They also have an unrealistic view of what "value" a service is worth. Posting a listing on the MLS takes just moments, but is it worth just moments of time? What is it worth to have one of your largest investments posted on service that makes it accessible globally and is used by every realtor and purchaser looking for a home just like yours?

When everything goes perfect it appears realtors do little for their efforts. Do some google searches and see what happens when a deal goes wrong and who get sued first.
List your home yourself, but be sure to be available everyday at pretty much any hour to show the home to clients that have odd work schedules. Be sure to tie up your entire weekend because you have 4 showings at odd intervals.

For the record: I have never been a realtor and I have very little patience for the crappy ones. I have a list a mile long of the crappy ones, but I have similar list for just about every profession.

I have used Justin O'Connor from Sotheby's on my last few deals and he has been fantastic.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Twice as a buyer i've had realtors tell me what bid they'd recommend to get the house, twice i low balled that against that advice and got the homes and saved thousands. Demand ALL offers & counters on paper no verbal anything.
Also keep your realtor in the dark about your limitations, that's between you and your lender.

This business only exist because for most people this transaction only happens a couple times in a lifetime and planting a seed of fear goes a long way. Reality is when the mud hits the fan for whatever reason not always within anyones control, you will be told by your realtor to seek advice from a lawyer and it ends there.
So just use a lawyer unless your lonely and in need of a tour guide.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

The buying realtor brings the clients, the listing realtor phones to let you know a buyer wants to look at it. The buying realtor could just phone the person listing the house.
In terms of cutting salary in half this goes both ways. Real estate tripled in the Okanagan in about 4 years. Who on earth gets a 300% raise in 4 years. Commissions didn't decrease when prices skyrocketed. Vancouver realtors are getting a 20℅ increase every year.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

jasond_71 wrote:Real estate tripled in the Okanagan in about 4 years.

Really?
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Sorry house prices increases 3 times or 200%. In 2003 I built a house with a lakeview for under $200,000 and by 2008 it was worth $600,000. So if the realtor sold the same house their salary increased 200% for doing the same amount of work. Still ridiculous.
OgopogoO
Board Meister

Post by OgopogoO »

Is there any low a realtor won't go for? Disgusting. It reminds me of the sleazy tactics of a certain Kelowna realtor whose initials beging with "A" and end with "H".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-est ... e30963227/
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

OgopogoO wrote:Is there any low a realtor won't go for? Disgusting. It reminds me of the sleazy tactics of a certain Kelowna realtor whose initials beging with "A" and end with "H".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-est ... e30963227/

You found that article disgusting??
I found it odd, but I would find anything related to Pokemon odd.
But a new low, sleazy, and disgusting? Why? He said it started out as a joke and went from there.
You and 71 others Like this post
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

jasond_71 wrote:Sorry house prices increases 3 times or 200%. In 2003 I built a house with a lakeview for under $200,000 and by 2008 it was worth $600,000. So if the realtor sold the same house their salary increased 200% for doing the same amount of work. Still ridiculous.

Total costs in, including lot? And what could you have immediately sold it for then?
OgopogoO
Board Meister

Post by OgopogoO »

LANDM wrote:You found that article disgusting??
I found it odd, but I would find anything related to Pokemon odd.
But a new low, sleazy, and disgusting? Why? He said it started out as a joke and went from there.

Maybe it's because those of us in the financial industry are held to extremely high standards of ethics and conduct. So to see such an immature and unprofessional display from a "professional" who should be regulated to the teeth is sickening.

It's like a certain local realtress who starts some of her listings with this little gem: "UBER CUTE!'
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

OgopogoO wrote:
Maybe it's because those of us in the financial industry are held to extremely high standards of ethics and conduct. So to see such an immature and unprofessional display from a "professional" who should be regulated to the teeth is sickening.

It's like a certain local realtress who starts some of her listings with this little gem: "UBER CUTE!'

Immature and unprofessional is a far cry from sickening, sleazy, disgusting, and a new low.

You really haven't been around very long if you feel the financial industry is held to extremely high ethics and standards.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/business-investments-advisers-1.3483531....to use your method of providing news media links to bolster your argument.
Like in everything else, there are very good and very bad. And, the very bad are record setting scam artists.

But, thanks for the chuckle of the day.
[icon_lol2.gif]
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Yes $200,00 total including lot for 3000 sq ft house Lakeview. Heck in 2000 I could have built a brand new house on the lake for $350,000. At the time I thought that was an insane mortgage. Now my mortgage is that amount but interest rates were 6% in 2000. Prices did drop in 2008 about 10% but have surpassed that now. That was a blizzard anomaly. I don't think prices will ever triple in 4 years like they did between 2003-2007. The same house would have to go to 1.8 million, lol:)
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

The difference between a realtor and a sucker fish. One is a scum sucking bottom feeder, the other is a fish.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
OgopogoO
Board Meister

Post by OgopogoO »

LANDM wrote:You really haven't been around very long if you feel the financial industry is held to extremely high ethics and standards.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/business-investments-advisers-1.3483531....to use your method of providing news media links to bolster your argument.
Like in everything else, there are very good and very bad. And, the very bad are record setting scam artists.

But, thanks for the chuckle of the day.
[icon_lol2.gif]

You really want to compare the financial industry with the uneducated horde that can become a realtor after a 6-week training course?

"Standards set by the Canadian Securities Administrators and Canadian Investor Protection Fund are monitored and enforced by IIROC. In addition to the requirement to segregate client securities, IIROC requires us to maintain adequate risk-adjusted capital to cover our business-specific risks, keep comprehensive and accurate records, employ appropriate procedures for handling securities, and carry sufficient fidelity bond insurance. IIROC monitors our compliance with these requirements through independent audits conducted regularly by external auditors and by IIROC examiners."

http://www.raymondjames.ca/kelownaias/i ... ction.aspx

You may have got a chuckle, but I get the last laugh. [icon_lol2.gif]
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

None of the cut and paste items have anything to do with high ethics and standards.
Good try though.

Return to “Central Okanagan”