Kelowna realtor review

kelownafashion

Kelowna realtor review

Post by kelownafashion »

I currently have my house listed for sale and am sorry to say not very happy with the service. It's like they put the listing on mls and that's it. I am seriously thinking of looking for a more aggressive person does anyone have any personal suggestions?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Kelowna realtor review

Post by kibbs »

it s a buyers market .real estate agents are probably just nutty on the buyer service but more hoh hum on the seller.
Sell it your self no one believes in your house more than you .Research the market and make sure your Realty expectations are reality based.
Peace be with you.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

kelownafashion wrote:I currently have my house listed for sale and am sorry to say not very happy with the service. It's like they put the listing on mls and that's it. I am seriously thinking of looking for a more aggressive person does anyone have any personal suggestions?

Drop your price. That is the only way to sell in this market.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

And check your paperwork, many listing agreements will put restrictions on your options for a few months after terminating the listing.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I dislike most realtors; however, it's not the realtor or the marketing that turns us off a house.

What we see out there is crap that is overpriced for what is being offered.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Snickerdoodle
Board Meister

Post by Snickerdoodle »

When we sold our house 3 years ago, we had a family friend who was a realtor sell our house - would not do that again or use her again. The only place it was ever listed was on freebee locations like castanet, kijji, craigs list... I could have done that myself! No matter how many times I asked I never got the realtors open house like I asked for. But because she was a "friend" I felt like I couldn't tell her how angry I was. The house we ended up buying, had the worst photos, had sat on the market for a year, and we just really went through it - just to get it off the radar - we expected it to be awful based on the photos. Only to see it was all very very cosmetic (paint and a carpet and landscaping). The listing agent, never did provide us with a key to the house for the doors, 3 months (after buying this house) later I ended up ripping his for sale sign off my front lawn, despite numerous phone calls to move it!

We are now on the verge of listing our house again, and with the size and price, I'm not so worried about the market, but I'm more concerned about crappy agents again. So for me, if anyone has there do not touch and highly recommend list - please pm me.

I also wonder due to bad taste, if realtors would sign a 30 day listing deal - you have 30 days to impress me, if you don't then we part ways - thank you very much. But if you do then I'll sign a longer contract. Anyone know if this is possible.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Snickerdoodle wrote:
I also wonder due to bad taste, if realtors would sign a 30 day listing deal - you have 30 days to impress me, if you don't then we part ways - thank you very much. But if you do then I'll sign a longer contract. Anyone know if this is possible.

Sure, its possible. They are hungry for sales and you can dictate your terms to them. Its up to them to decide if they want to accept your terms to get your listing. You can also dicker on the realtor's fee, too. Additionally, you can write into the agreement with them where and how often the listing will be advertised, how often an open house will be held, etc. You are in the driver's seat - its your house and they are JUST the agent who works for you. Call your shots but keep them reasonable.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Snickerdoodle wrote:

it is entirely up to you and agent. that is part of the negotation/interivew process in finding an agent that is right for you.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

From what we were told you can end the contract at any time if you are unhappy with the service. The realtors don't like that - but you can.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
doc2013
Fledgling

Post by doc2013 »

I just sent the OP a private msg. Check your inbox.
stevei

Post by stevei »

Right now Kelowna is a down market. In this type of market a professional realtor is more important than ever. I am not a realtor nor can I give you names but I would say do some homework. selling a condo, get a condo expert, selling a house get a realtor who specialzes in houses and even certain areas of the city. cheers good luck
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

[sarcasm] The OP obviously wanted more than a 3 minute process to type some specs into the MLS database, run a microscopic ad in the paper, and have the realtor actually get off his butt and show up when a couple of prospective buyers wanted to check it out. Heck, it's only 6% of your entire house cost, what did you expect? Roses? Champagne? SERVICE? [end sarcasm] :dyinglaughing:
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Spocky wrote:[sarcasm] The OP obviously wanted more than a 3 minute process to type some specs into the MLS database, run a microscopic ad in the paper, and have the realtor actually get off his butt and show up when a couple of prospective buyers wanted to check it out. Heck, it's only 6% of your entire house cost, what did you expect? Roses? Champagne? SERVICE? [end sarcasm] :dyinglaughing:

Wow, you paid 6%? You got ripped off! Never seen that here.....unless your property is worth under $100k.
You and 71 others Like this post
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

LANDM wrote:Wow, you paid 6%? You got ripped off! Never seen that here.....unless your property is worth under $100k.

Clarification:

http://www.myrealty.ca/advice.asp?tid=10&type=process

Commission rates for home re-sales in Ontario are 5%, in Alberta 6% for the first $100,000 and 3% on the balance, and in BC 7% for the first $100,000 and 2.5% on the balance of the selling price.

And I have had the maybe good maybe bad sense to NEVER buy in this valley yet.
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Kelowna Fashion check your PM
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Central Okanagan”