The Province Makes Kelowna Sound Like Detroit-West

Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: The Province Makes Kelowna Sound Like Detroit-West

Post by Graphite »

It's no secret we do not have enough police. Where else would you go if you were interested in breaking laws?
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

The numbers from stats Canada seem to show that crime is actually decreasing in Kelowna.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Graphite wrote:It's no secret we do not have enough police. Where else would you go if you were interested in breaking laws?

Not true, It seems unknown by some that we have a full compliment of police officers and have approved funding for a new building to house them all.
Ali Gator
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ali Gator »

The laws seem to be set up to accomadate the criminals and they know it. For instance if a cop knocks on your door you do not have to answer and the cops will go away. That is because the cops know they cannot just burst into someone house without just cause. Mean while if a criminal wants to go into a house he can break in because he doesnt have any laws he feels he has to abide by.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

To paint with a super wide brush, there are good people and bad people in every walk of life, criminals, justice & law enforcement, everybody. Liberal laws enacted with the intent of protecting the innocent and the law-abiding are wide open for abuse by those less than scrupulous who need but to claim that they are innocent and law-abiding. Thus something as simple and basic as "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" affords the bad guys freedom to walk among us even if we all know they don't deserve that right. Who ya gonna call?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

The amount of rcmp members is not the issue,i would think the laws that they have to follow is the problem.
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

dirtguy wrote:The amount of rcmp members is not the issue,i would think the laws that they have to follow is the problem.

I would agree. The charter was created to protect the innocent not the ones found with kilos of dope in their car.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Why not make this Kelowna's new tourism slogan.

"So beautiful even the cartels are moving here."

Lets face it, Kelowna is perfect for rich crooks, they fit right in. Drive an Escallade in Princton and you might stand out, in Kelowna it's considered a wealthy person's Grand Caravan. Tat's yourself to the nines and take a boat of steroids and you're just another guy stepping out of Golds. Kelowna is perfect cammo for the rich and criminal, it's no doubt they like it here.
Last edited by Poindexter on Feb 25th, 2013, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Ari Gold
Board Meister

Post by Ari Gold »

-fluffy- wrote:Follow that up with the rapid growth Kelowna has seen

According to Stats Canada, Kelowna's population has increased by 21,000 people in 10 years. That's decent % wise, but not that much of a rapid increase in population that I read everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelowna
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

Poindexter wrote:Why not make this Kelowna's new tourism slogan.

"So beautiful even the cartels are moving here."

Lets face it, Kelowna is perfect for rich crooks, they fit right in. Drive an Escallade in Princton and you might stand out, in Kelowna it's considered a wealthy person's Grand Caravan. Tat's yourself to the nines and take a boat of steroids and you're just another guy stepping out of Golds. Kelowna is perfect cammo for the rich and criminal, it's no doubt they like it here.

Very true so I guess the question is...what are we going to do about it.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Trigger69 wrote:Very true so I guess the question is...what are we going to do about it.

You and I? It's a federal law that reinforces the current distribution of profits from the sale of drugs deemed illegal. So I'd say vote for the progressive political party but even the Green Party wouldn't touch this.

http://www.greenparty.ca/blogs/1813/201 ... policy-pot

Does this make sense? It's considered acceptable to have a small amount on you, but unacceptable to distribute. So how do you magiacally get the small amount, pot fairies?

I wish I had the answer. I'd like to see any option that would make it harder for the youth to get it while allowing adults to use it recreationally. At the same time stop the current distribution of profits so society, who has to clean up the mess, get's thier fair share.

If you mean close the loopholes that would allow search and seizure on a whim, I don't see that changing as long as we live in a free country.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

Sort of fitting for this thread I think:
3 ppl charged for killing Bacon here in our back yard.
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#87912
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Maybe they should feel lucky that the RCMP got them first, and not the HA.

They should pray they aren't granted bail.

Look what happened to that ganster with a body guard, out on bail in a hotel lobby. Dead.

Oops, trial cancelled!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ari Gold
Board Meister

Post by Ari Gold »

Queen K wrote:Maybe they should feel lucky that the RCMP got them first, and not the HA.

They should pray they aren't granted bail.

Look what happened to that ganster with a body guard, out on bail in a hotel lobby. Dead.

Oops, trial cancelled!

They likely already knew who they were...Kuhn Kuhn was just targeted a few weeks ago and survived
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

The artcile is spot on.

Other day went to the cactus club, which has a no gang colour policy.

That didn't stop a group gangsters wearing support gear to be promptly served. My family and I complained, and WE had to leave...they didnt seem to understand what the danger was, even when I quoted the last few public gangster shootings. The staff was afraid to say anything, because I emailed head office about it and they have strict policy apperently.

Walter Grey needs to get ontop of this, not go into denial mode.

Return to “Central Okanagan”