Electrical bill shocker

Scynite
Board Meister

Re: Electrical bill shocker

Post by Scynite »

Vengey wrote:My entire family is in a state of shock over our latest bill.

According to our bill, from what I remember being it's not in front of me, it was just under 6000 kw whatevers jan 19thish and an ESTIMATE for just over 10000 kw whatevers feb 19thish. We were charged 800kw for the first tier and 4414 kw for the 2nd tier for a bill of almost $700 for one month.

Last month's bill was nothing near that...

It also says that the average daily useage went from 40 something kw to 163ish kw per day...which is impossible because there is no way we are using over 3 times more power than we did last year...if anything we use LESS.

I did go and check our meter...which is a new meter and digital (they told us it is NOT a smart meter), and according to the meter is it not 10000+ kw it was 08255 kw on feb 27th. Their estimate is almost 50% more than the actual reading.

I don't deal with these bills, being I am not the home owner. So, I dont know if it still needs to be paid even tho their estimate is totally WRONG. And if it does need to be paid, does that mean there would be a credit back next month when they take an actual reading?

We do not have electic heating.

For the rest of you with ridiculous bills...is this month an estimate for you as well?

Also, even with the proper numbers being used for our bill...it would still be over $300...which I think is still too much because the increase was as other posters said which is double what they were allowed to increase it to.

With all these constant increases in everything...it makes it increasingly difficult to make ends meet for ALOT of families.

Alot of people have brought up politics in regards to this issue...and some people have come back questioning why being it wasnt a liberal party decision...if we the consumer cannot police these big greedy companys...who does? Who is supposed to keep this crap from happening?

After several years of this 'extreme change' billing always in the spring time, they either do it on purpose, or the guy they hire to read the meters needs a new pair of eyes.
You are not alone on this matter. My bills have 'doubled' unexplainedly as well.
Don't get so mad, it's just my opinion.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Bman wrote:A 2000 watt heater uses 2 kwh.

Yes, in one hour that is. Likewise a 2000 watt heater uses 4 kwh in 2 hours and 16 kwh in 8 hours. Use that thing 8 hours a day for a month in the winter and you've just used 496 kwh on one item! Add your lights, fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer, hot-water heater (if electric) and you can see it really does add up fast.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Jx3 wrote:
Yes, in one hour that is. Likewise a 2000 watt heater uses 4 kwh in 2 hours and 16 kwh in 8 hours. Use that thing 8 hours a day for a month in the winter and you've just used 496 kwh on one item! Add your lights, fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer, hot-water heater (if electric) and you can see it really does add up fast.

If you notice, the "h" in kwh stands for "hour".
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Bman wrote:If you notice, the "h" in kwh stands for "hour".

No! You don't say!
/sarcasm
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I'm glad you figured that out since u gave us all an arithmetic lesson.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Bman wrote:I'm glad you figured that out since u gave us all an arithmetic lesson.

You're welcome.

Return to “Central Okanagan”