Medical pot growers

Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Re: Medical pot growers

Post by Prestige Mike »

Medical marijuana in Canada is a tricky issue. Right now people are exploiting the medical marijuana program by growing a little extra, then selling that on the black market. In this setup, patients receive free medicine.

Due to this exploitation of the program, health canada is going to cancel all personal production licenses. Unfortunately, many of the personal production licenses are used for legitimate purposes. Those people will be forced to buy there medicine from a commercial grower for approximately $5-$8 per gram. Some people in need of severe pain management use up to 10 ounces per month.

How are people going to be able to afford their medicine bill. Some bills will be upwards of $2000 per month. This will force good, vulnerable people to start growing their own medicine illegally.

It's a sad situation
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Prestige Mike wrote:Medical marijuana in Canada is a tricky issue. Right now people are exploiting the medical marijuana program by growing a little extra, then selling that on the black market. In this setup, patients receive free medicine.

Due to this exploitation of the program, health canada is going to cancel all personal production licenses. Unfortunately, many of the personal production licenses are used for legitimate purposes. Those people will be forced to buy there medicine from a commercial grower for approximately $5-$8 per gram. Some people in need of severe pain management use up to 10 ounces per month.

How are people going to be able to afford their medicine bill. Some bills will be upwards of $2000 per month. This will force good, vulnerable people to start growing their own medicine illegally.

It's a sad situation

Good comment. IMO if you apply for a permit, then you must accept the right of the controlling agency (who ever that might be) to do random unannounced visit to confirm your production numbers a legit. Get caught over, you lose your permit. Something like that might work to keep people honest and above board. Another issue is, many people are licensed to grow more than they actually would use themselves based on their personal needs and then sell the rest.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

Prestige Mike wrote:Medical marijuana in Canada is a tricky issue. Right now people are exploiting the medical marijuana program by growing a little extra, then selling that on the black market. In this setup, patients receive free medicine.

It's a sad situation

+1
joer2012
Fledgling

Post by joer2012 »

Prestige Mike wrote:
How are people going to be able to afford their medicine bill. Some bills will be upwards of $2000 per month.

Get a job?
AB oil patch worker
Sunshine Tax Rebate recipient
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

I'm not talking about people using marijuana for menstrual cramps. I'm talking about people using marijuana for serious, debilitating illnesses.

Please take the time to watch this two minute video of a person who uses marijuana for his multiple sclerosis. It's a very touching video

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81919324/
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Being a prescription, would it not be covered as part of the 'fair pharmacare program'? If so, low income would max out at around $600-1000/year.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

The fact is: They broke the law, and the law won.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Just like all the brewers who broke the law during the prohibition.

The law won that one too didn't it?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Makes me giggle that for pot there is a huge blind eye - dog poop not picked up and we hang them high.
They can pay for a scrip same way we have to. Simple, forgo the selling extra selling licenses, blah blah. People don't play by the rules so the rules get changed. Don't care for the rules then break them and deal with the fall out. It isn't so terribly hard to figure out ( well prolly 50 pages but)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

Post by Charles Whitman II »

People, it's a plant.
a plant.
ya know... a seed in the ground, little water, little sun... and BOOM! PRISON!

makes perfect sense to me....
and for those of you that cry NIMBY... I've got a show next door. Couldn't care less.
Got two kids too..... they are not in danger.

a plant.

a plant.
"If you're going to be crazy, find a way to get paid for it, or they're gonna lock you up." - HST
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

ya know... a seed in the ground, little water, little sun little heat lights, little hydro bypass, damaged rental property, little mold... and BOOM! PRISON!
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
keeny
Fledgling

Post by keeny »

LordEd wrote:ya know... a seed in the ground, little water, little sun little heat lights, little hydro bypass, damaged rental property, little mold... and BOOM! PRISON!

The point he is trying to make, (while yours is not completely wrong) is that if there wasn't an arbitrary stigma and arbitrary law against the cultivation of marijuana by the general public (IE: non-profit, personal use), you could have a plant or 2 in your yard for pennies a week, with no need to grow indoors and potentially damage property, and waste more of your tax dollars.

But, since a lot of you seem to enjoy wasting millions of tax dollars every year imprisoning innocent people and paying police to haul plant matter out of buildings/fields, keep the arbitrary stigma going and keep your head in the sand, hoping the problem will go away if we throw more tax dollars at it.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

LordEd wrote:ya know... a seed in the ground, little water, little sun little heat lights, little hydro bypass, damaged rental property, little mold... and BOOM! PRISON!

Actually only when done incorrectly. Perhaps we should focus on penalizing those that cause the damage rather than everyone ( you don't sue every construction company when one messes up your house)? As for "rental property", the main reason it's done in those is to not lose the home you own if busted. It was also deemed safer to grow indoors out of sight . Granted, apparently the grade is stronger because you get to control the "elements", but you could also do this outside in your garden /greenhouse if it wasn't illegal ( even legal medicinal is illegal to the individual that sees it outside. This amazing natural plant can even be juiced raw ( no high effect whatsoever until heated), and is pretty much the single healthiest substance that one can put in their body. It's been proven time and again to be far more beneficial /far less harmful ( read not harmful AT ALL unless massively abused and then far less damaging than any other massively abided substance one could think of including food ). It's coursing Hemp has thousands upon thousands of renewable/clean/localized economy uses and could never ever get someone high ( the main cannabinoid in it is a "high blocker" so it's not just low THC) is technically "legal" , but so heavily regulated that it almost may as well be illegal ( not to mention the suppression of what a great industrial crop Hemp is keeping demand artificially down).

Ps before anyone says you can hide MJ in a field of Hemp which is why it should be so heavily regulated I'll merely point out

A) it would be the dumbest place to hide it for , as an officer, it's the first place if look
B) it would be the dumbest place to hide it as it would cross germinate and ruin your MJ

Pps I don't drink or get high, but if it was legal I'd sure be tempted to go to a local juice bar and have the healthiest smoothie I could ever imagine having ( BEFORE I get sick , not just once I get cancer/etc)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7xPmR8j4plw
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

On an off note, hemp seed is also one of the healthiest foods.
Its a complete protein, has all the essential amino acids, has a balanced ratio of omega 3 to 6 fats, contains vitamin e, and, unlike soy, has no phytic acid. Actually one of the healthiest foods out there.
I buy hemp seed at natures fare, and I sprinkle it on almost everything.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

No surprise that there are a significant number of people who were given licences to grow pot have grown in excess of their permit allotments. Nobody could conceivably be surprised by this reality.

Return to “Central Okanagan”