Medical pot growers

oscillate_wildly
Fledgling

Re: Medical pot growers

Post by oscillate_wildly »

I tried to rent a suite from a local "legal" grower who resided in the house. I guess I shouldn't be at all surprised when I protested about the lack of fridge, working bathroom, and dryer hookup that I was booted out without notice, forbidden to set foot on the property. Then sung a sad song that I was being "threatening" (I brought up those issues after weeks of not having them addressed). I might also add, she never returned any of the money I paid for the entire month. I guess hindsight is 20/20, but I probably should have connected the dots that paranoid people tend to thrust upon others what they fear most of what they think will happen to them.

Perhaps I've got an axe to grind here, but that probably demonstrates the level of delusional entitlement some of these growers have. I for one, think that there are better ways to produce the stuff without it being in contravention to overall neighborhood safety, and apparently, in violation of the rental tenancy act.

Post by Mtn Biker »

Here is something very interesting and pretty much on point with what I and others think are the real issues in this "war" on drugs.

http://www.upworthy.com/every-war-on-dr ... ce-captain
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

Mtn Biker wrote:Here is something very interesting and pretty much on point with what I and others think are the real issues in this "war" on drugs.

http://www.upworthy.com/every-war-on-dr ... ce-captain

Mmmmm lots of good points out there...but one BIGGER QUESTION I have is where did Capt. Peter Christ retire from? Some may say this is not important. Well to me it is, for example if he worked in some small two bit town out in the middle of no where...then to me he makes good points but doesnt necessarily have the background he and all the media is promoting. If he worked in the drug section for say NYPD...I guess I stand corrected. All I am saying is I am a bit cautious to accept anyone's opinion on such a topic when they announce he is a retired police capt but neglect to say where from...becasue there is a difference.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Mmmmm lots of good points out there...but one BIGGER QUESTION I have is where did Capt. Peter Christ retire from? Some may say this is not important. Well to me it is, for example if he worked in some small two bit town out in the middle of no where...then to me he makes good points but doesnt necessarily have the background he and all the media is promoting. If he worked in the drug section for say NYPD...I guess I stand corrected. All I am saying is I am a bit cautious to accept anyone's opinion on such a topic when they announce he is a retired police capt but neglect to say where from...becasue there is a difference.[/quote]

Really? So after hearing what he said you've come to the conclusion he makes great points , BUT only if he comes from a bigger police dept? For real? I can almost see how this would be somewhat relevant if you were trying to decide how much credibility he had BEFORE hearing what he had to say. Since you already heard what he had to say , then perhaps you should base your conclusion on the factual strengths/weaknesses of his argument rather than where he worked. Basically, if you disagree with anything he said, I'd love to hear it and what/why you thought it was wrong. Anything else could be construed as an ad hominem attack rather than point/counterpoint on the basis of facts
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

sanfish wrote:
Really? So after hearing what he said you've come to the conclusion he makes great points , BUT only if he comes from a bigger police dept? For real? I can almost see how this would be somewhat relevant if you were trying to decide how much credibility he had BEFORE hearing what he had to say. Since you already heard what he had to say , then perhaps you should base your conclusion on the factual strengths/weaknesses of his argument rather than where he worked. Basically, if you disagree with anything he said, I'd love to hear it and what/why you thought it was wrong. Anything else could be construed as an ad hominem attack rather than point/counterpoint on the basis of facts

Im not suggesting anything he said is incorrect or correct for that matter. What I am suggesting is in order for it to hold any wght with me I would like to know what the man's background is not just he is a retired police cpt because there are retired cops who have never seen a grow op let alone worked a CDSA case in their entire career. Further if the media et al is going to throw out his creds...toss them all out.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Trigger69 wrote:Im not suggesting anything he said is incorrect or correct for that matter. What I am suggesting is in order for it to hold any wght with me I would like to know what the man's background is not just he is a retired police cpt because there are retired cops who have never seen a grow op let alone worked a CDSA case in their entire career. Further if the media et al is going to throw out his creds...toss them all out.

Wierd, I find it is only "spin" /opinion that needs the weight of ones credentials to give it any support. The truth has a way of just being the truth regardless of who among us says it. An accredited meteorologist can give us all the weather reports he or she wants( and still be wrong about 50% if the time), but anyone one of us can step outside and see if its sunny or raining
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

sanfish wrote:Wierd, I find it is only "spin" /opinion that needs the weight of ones credentials to give it any support. The truth has a way of just being the truth regardless of who among us says it. An accredited meteorologist can give us all the weather reports he or she wants( and still be wrong about 50% if the time), but anyone one of us can step outside and see if its sunny or raining

This is very true but then agin i ask a simple question....why toss out the idea or notion that he is a ex cop. Becuase as you say creds mean nothing to you....but they may mean something to the regular common Joe...hense the reason they put him out there as their poster boy....because of what he used to do....so if this is true then tell the entire story....not just what supports your cause....
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Trigger69 wrote:This is very true but then agin i ask a simple question....why toss out the idea or notion that he is a ex cop. Becuase as you say creds mean nothing to you....but they may mean something to the regular common Joe...hense the reason they put him out there as their poster boy....because of what he used to do....so if this is true then tell the entire story....not just what supports your cause....

Ok , I'll try this again . First off I never said creds don't matter at all. In fact, having knowledge of an issue ( by being in that work etc) most likely helps someone with which to base an informed opinion. I was merely stating that a truth is a truth regardless if where it comes from , and a lie is still a lie regardless of how many believe it to be true.

Having said that, any quick google search would tell you that no only did Peter Christ spend 20 years enforcing archaic drug laws ,but that he is the co founder/chair of LEAP ( law enforcement against prohibition) which has many officers fromany walks f life from many different places all saying the same thing.

So now that we've cleared up his credentials, what say you on the actual content?
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

I did that quick google search. I couldn't find anything on his work history OTHER than what is claimed in association with his LEAP program.

Not to say its not true, but that a quick google search only returns information that LEAP is providing (or is being quoted as saying)
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

LordEd wrote:I did that quick google search. I couldn't find anything on his work history OTHER than what is claimed in association with his LEAP program.

Not to say its not true, but that a quick google search only returns information that LEAP is providing (or is being quoted as saying)

You don't think law enforcement personnel would conspire to lie about something do you? If so you may have to post on that other sub forum
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Trigger69 wrote:Mmmmm lots of good points out there...but one BIGGER QUESTION I have is where did Capt. Peter Christ retire from? Some may say this is not important. Well to me it is, for example if he worked in some small two bit town out in the middle of no where...then to me he makes good points but doesnt necessarily have the background he and all the media is promoting. If he worked in the drug section for say NYPD...I guess I stand corrected. All I am saying is I am a bit cautious to accept anyone's opinion on such a topic when they announce he is a retired police capt but neglect to say where from...becasue there is a difference.

One doesn't need to be a cop, all one needs to do is read the available evidence. And there is a ton of evidence out there so there's no need to be cautious, everything he said has been corroborated if one just looks, listens and reads. It's that simple.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

There are simple realities in this world that say if you never smoked weed or used it medicinally ,you don't have a clue about what is really going on because no one trusts you to tell you the truth.
At least half the people out there under the age of 50 have been "experienced", well I have.
It is a huge market that sucks up half of chronic pot smokers cash.
It cures all kinds of things by working as a catalyst to ease ones consciousness into a better state. I'm cured and no longer need it . Pot saved my life.
Unfortunately too many abuse it and too many are not receiving treatment who need it.
The med pot movement needs to clean their act. Create an industry that provides a cheap service for those in chronic pain ,mentally Ill ,Dying of cancer and the severely close minded.
You might think you are just partying but you truly have a problem.Many times its drinking,to cover pain.

It should be so non profit with the most elaborate ,well away from anyone secure equipment.
It should be nearly free , not taxed, clean of crap, ingested if possible and made with love not greed.
Its sad to see kids at 420 blowin every nickel getting totally baked for no good reason. While red eyed goombas babble on the news making the whole thing look cheesy when they could be at a hospice sharing some brownies.
if you really believe in it you will not be so selfish and represent with dignity.
Peace be with you.
Salamander420
Fledgling

Post by Salamander420 »

I been growing commercially for 20 years.The past 3 years as a legal medical grower.Ive followed to rules outlined by the federal government.I have invited to rcmp to my operation and they declined stating they could care less.Us growers will never go away so get used to it.The sad thing is gthere are many that give us reputable growers a bad rep.In 20 years ive had no mold,no home invasions, no fires, nothing it is the reffer madness *bleep* that feeds the general population facts that have no real truth.
No the federal governemnet wants to sell us out cause they found a way to profit from the sick.HELLTH CANADA shame on you.I will continue to grow in my upscale lakeview helights home eitherway.Screw offf liberals .
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

No the federal governemnet wants to sell us out cause they found a way to profit from the sick.HELLTH CANADA shame on you.I will continue to grow in my upscale lakeview helights home eitherway.Screw offf liberals

Now that the government is taking over the med grow biz due to its abuse,and you have come out of your grow op closet ,are you not worried they will shut you down. Have you noticed an increase in your hydro rates since they brought in a two teared system?
Is your weed really reaching those in need? Are you worried they will take your up scale home?
Peace be with you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”