Kids in Pubs

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kids in Pubs

Post by Dizzy1 »

Steve-O wrote:I took the tail end of this comment to mean you were suggesting the gov't would require it.

Gawd no, lol! I'm in the opinion of the Government needing to step a lot farther back when it comes to a lot of things.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

It's funny, on the Bill Good show today he had a guest on who was an expert on children developement and she stated that young children should not be allowed in pubs. In fact, she also stated that adults need a place to go without having kids around. So, the debate continues and will continue to be a hot topic with a split it seems on both side.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

I built a bar room with tv and pool table in my house just so I could kick all the kids out.
Doesnt cost 8$ a drink either.
Kids in pubs is OK, what could possibly go wrong?
Going today, hear tommorow
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

What credit cards do you accept Wally?? Sun is shining and I'm thirsty for a pint!
fishin_bc

Post by fishin_bc »

in order to confirm:
Is there a list of pubs that allow minors? sometimes i'm on dad duty and just want to watch hockey, drink a beer and and eat wings on wednesdays. try to go to BP's and do that and it's a $30 ordeal instead of $10.

so far i've found most pubs don't allow minors including:
packing house
brandts
post hause
freddy's
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Train Station allows them. Roses does not and has no plans to, even on the patio.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Creekside
Dakodas
Baxters..

All allow kids.. Baxters may be a bit too popular but Dakodas and Creekside have dedicated sections large enough that "busy' won't really matter..

My kids (12 & 8 ) really get a kick out of Dakodas.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

Baxter's allows kids but only on the bottom level. Gone there with my teenager many times. Good food!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Iamsomeone wrote:Baxter's allows kids but only on the bottom level. Gone there with my teenager many times. Good food!

Great food and affordable.... that's why I mentioned the "too popular".

Baxters is a great place .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Have been to Boomers at H20 a number of times since children were allowed in the pubs. There have been any number of "under age" people in there having snacks and non alcoholic beverages with their adult (mostly women) chaperones, many of whom were having an alcoholic beverage (mostly wine) along with their meal while watching a member of the family out doing their thing on the ice surface.

From what I observed I expect that the change has resulted in additional sales to both "supervising adults" (who can now sit in the windowed pub) and to the many youths who now chalk up a "food and beverage" while watching their friends and family member on the ice through the large windows. Being able to watch any one of three sports on one of twelve large screen TV's would also obviously attract dad as well.

Time as a family is important.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Thought they all had to let them in now?????? Was looking forward to taking them to a great one by the water this summer. I think it does have a section... but I thought they did not even need that anymore?
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

omisimaw wrote:Thought they all had to let them in now?????? Was looking forward to taking them to a great one by the water this summer. I think it does have a section... but I thought they did not even need that anymore?

People have to know what you're talking about - to what are you referring to?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

omisimaw wrote:Thought they all had to let them in now?????? Was looking forward to taking them to a great one by the water this summer. I think it does have a section... but I thought they did not even need that anymore?

It is up to each pub owner whether or not to allow children in their establishment. Its not mandatory they all allow it.
Also, I believe there is a time restriction. No children after 7 or 8pm. Can't remember which.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

It is up to the establishments whether they admit minors or not. Cactus Club will be opening in the new yacht club building soon which will allow lakefront patio space for families.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I don't hang out in PUBS, but for Pete's sake parents.

IF the little devil you call your child can not behave, keep them out!! Even a hockey game can be a bad night with a three year old constantly kicking the back of your seat, even when Mother has tried to explain to him why he must not!

I go to a public place to enjoy myself, not babysit someone's little devil, because they do not know the meaning of no, or stop that!

Return to “Central Okanagan”