Rutland Crime Scene

baldmofo

Rutland Crime Scene

Post by baldmofo »

Wow, looks like there was a major incident in Rutland last night. Anyone from around there know more than what they are telling us in the news story? When I lived there, we once found someone bloody and knocked out in the same doorway. Called the police, and they just hauled the poor guy off to the drunk tank!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Rutland Crime Scene

Post by Ken7 »

Must have been a serious assault. Hope the victim is OK. What's with people today, so very sad.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Traffic is being rerouted around a police incident in the 100 block of Hwy. 33 in Rutland.

The RCMP serious crime unit is investigating a possible assault. They are focusing on a one block area of the sidewalk outside several businesses. They do have part of Hwy. 33 blocked off.

We are told the investigation started before 4 a.m..

We have a reporter on scene and we will have more details as they become available.

Castanet
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

I'm sure there's more to the story, but no one should be shocked that things like this happen in the wee hours of a Saturday morning across the street from the peeler bar.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

There were 11 cop cars blocking the road at 5 a.m.
A tent was setup on the sidewalk in front of Subway.
We will have to wait to hear the details later today.
anchor08

Post by anchor08 »

Last edited by anchor08 on Jun 20th, 2019, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

Kind of tacky for Castanet to post pictures of the actual body laying there on the ground. They could still report the incident and include pictures of the scene without including that part.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Chmmr wrote:Kind of tacky for Castanet to post pictures of the actual body laying there on the ground.

Out of all pictures there's only picture that shows something that looks like a body (although without knowing it one wouldn't even know it's a body), there's a giant warning, and it's a story about dead body found. If you're that icky about it, why go through all the trouble of actually looking at the picture?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

What purpose do the photos have? I agree, tacky.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Out of all pictures there's only picture that shows something that looks like a body (although without knowing it one wouldn't even know it's a body), there's a giant warning, and it's a story about dead body found. If you're that icky about it, why go through all the trouble of actually looking at the picture?

Actually 2 out of the 4 pictures in their gallery show the body and the first "picture" is the warning. Their photographer specifically went around the screen that was set up to get the shot.
http://www.castanet.net/content/2014/1/dscn8903_932.jpg
http://www.castanet.net/content/2014/1/dscn8904_932.jpg

I don't find it icky as i have unfortunately seen a number of dead bodies (albeit none from a homicide), however i think it's tacky and disrespectful to his family.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Chmmr wrote:Their photographer specifically went around the screen that was set up to get the shot.

The photographer took a picture of a body for a news story about a dead body?

How unusually cruel. Shame on him.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

How do we know it's a murder? Many natural causes out there to consider.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

there's two pylons a few feet away from the body, possible this guy was shot and there marking bullet casings?.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Chmmr
Board Meister

Post by Chmmr »

Queen K wrote:How do we know it's a murder? Many natural causes out there to consider.

Given the reports i read say suspicious death, serious crimes unit is investigating, and there is a large trail of blood coming from the scene, as well as what castanet describes as "large blood spatter", i think it's a safe assumption at this point.

Not to mention i have been present when police investigated an unexpected death in a young person and they do not typically call their helicopter drone out for photos of the crime scene unless there is a strong suspiscion of foul play

Return to “Central Okanagan”