How did Kelowna Mountain get approval?

TheBank
Fledgling

How did Kelowna Mountain get approval?

Post by TheBank »

Im very surprised nobody is talking about Kelowna mountain.......what happened?
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Re: How did kelowna mountain get approval?

Post by Mtn Biker »

TheBank wrote:Im very surprised nobody is talking about Kelowna mountain.......what happened?

They are opening for business. Should be interesting.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

This should disappoint those who hope people with a vision and a plan fail.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Hmmm wrote:This should disappoint those who hope people with a vision and a plan fail.

No doubt!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
TheBank
Fledgling

Post by TheBank »

I am just curious how it happened....traffic issues etc etc etc.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Hmmm wrote:This should disappoint those who hope people with a vision and a plan fail.

Same people who move here, build their house in front of someone else's and then whine about someone building a house in front of theirs LOL
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Sorry - double post
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Panzer130
Board Meister

Post by Panzer130 »

TheBank wrote:Im very surprised nobody is talking about Kelowna mountain.......what happened?

Pretty simple process really. Get the appropriate permits, do the work, have it inspected, receive a final occupancy.
What appears to have happened is simple. The people on Castanet that tried to use fear mongering and misinformation to derail the project, simply had no facts to work with.

A man with a vision, money, and guts has followed the rules and been rewarded for doing so. Great to see someone invest millions into our city and have the opportunity to share it with our community.
ferencv

Post by ferencv »

Having done battle myself regarding trying to do development, I certainly was and do empathize with Mr.Consiglio.
The basic reply to the post topic is as per Panzer's post, add to that , that you have to listen to what all the power that be tell you, interpret, then re-interpret and keep going back to them, until they can't re-interpret themselves.
at that point.. they tend to approve, and the one doing the development, I can assure you, has more then fulfilled all requirement and expectations.

Kelowna Mountain is a tremendous and far reaching plan, a great vision.
=======================
Simply my 2-Sense
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

I hope this does gain traction for local and international tourists. I hope its a huge success and I hope it employs lots of people year round.

Gotta give it to him. He spent a lot of money on it against all odds and negative ninnys of kelowna.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Symbonite wrote:I hope this does gain traction for local and international tourists. I hope its a huge success and I hope it employs lots of people year round.

Gotta give it to him. He spent a lot of money on it against all odds and negative ninnys of kelowna.

Lucky for him it wasn't his money he was spending.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

Symbonite said:I hope this does gain traction for local and international tourists. I hope its a huge success and I hope it employs lots of people year round.

janalta wrote:Lucky for him it wasn't his money he was spending.

...lucky for those whose money it was that he persevered against all the nay-sayers and hurdles presented to see things to a point of completion that the RDCO was finally in a position to issue the occupancy certificate...

...let's hope for all involved this development continues to create an attraction sought after by both locals and tourists and that it enjoys a long and profitable life for investors, workers and owners alike...best of luck to Kelowna Mountain...
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Swoop wrote:
...let's hope for all involved this development continues to create an attraction sought after by both locals and tourists and that it enjoys a long and profitable life for investors, workers and owners alike...best of luck to Kelowna Mountain...

Yeah, seems that locals are super excited about this 'attraction'

Are you excited Kelowna Mountain is officially opening?

Total Votes: 2388
Yes: 39.24%
No: 34.34%
I don't care: 26.42%
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
sassybee
Board Meister

Re: How did Kelowna Mountain get approval?

Post by sassybee »

what will Kelowna Mtn be when it's finished?
okanagankitchen

Re: How did Kelowna Mountain get approval?

Post by okanagankitchen »

...and the naysayers and tragically negative posters continue to slam.

Regardless, good for the him and the whole project. Regardless of where the money came from (including the principle himself... regardless of who his investors on, these projects ALWAYS cost the principles a lot of money and time, which also have tremendous value), this is a great addition to an area that can always use more attractions and jobs (those same naysayers often ask where the jobs are etc... THIS is where they come from, we are a tourist based economy, don't fool yourselves), and will add much to our local hotels, restaurants and tourism economy in general.

If the naysayers and negative ninnies had their way it is likely we would never have had such minor additions and attractions as Big white, ziplines, the coq, etc etc.

I challenge all of those that go into this post with a negative thought... go ahead with with negativism... but say something positive about this. Truly... something positive. If you havent actually been up there... make something up.

Return to “Central Okanagan”