Foerster murder trial

RVThereYet
Übergod

Re: Foerster murder trial

Post by RVThereYet »

JayByrd wrote:
RVThereYet wrote:
ETA: If you must show his picture as part of the story, at least try get a shot of him in prison garb and handcuffs leaving court or something less offensive than what you've been using for the past few years and if you can't get anything different show a picture of the court house, even a picture of Taylor (RIP) would be better than that murdering @$$hat smirking at us.

You can't take a picture of the guy in the courtroom, and they likely don't have access to him at any other time. I think the whole point of the picture they use is to make him look as sleazy as possible, to get people riled up.

That said, when high-profile cases like this happen, it's pretty sad to see reporters limited to whatever background info they can find on Google, or doing the ol' "right click, save as" on the suspect's Facebook page. So much for actual investigation. Or, you know, talking to people.

I know taking pictures in court is not allowed. That's why I said "leaving court" which is to say while he's being transferred in/out of the building or the Sherriff's van. IMO, a picture of that van leaving the court house (even if it doesn't show him) or a glimpse shot of him getting in or out of it (if you can get that), would be better than using that smirking *bleep* shot they likely pulled off his FB page.

As far as I'm concerned, even this shot of him getting off the plane with the cop at YLW when they hauled his *bleep* back here from Ontario after the coward ran there to hide would be better. At least he's in cuffs and under arrest rather than at a party holding a drink.
matthew-foerster-airport-custody.jpg

But as you already noted, there isn't much to be found for pictures of this creep using Google, so out of respect for the family, either don't show him at all, or at least have the predominant picture be one of Taylor and have his shot much smaller somewhere further down as part of the article instead of front and center on the home page zoomed in on his smirk, even if that means getting a few less clicks. At least that's what I think ... but then, I don't pay the bills around here.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

CBC radio Kelowna just aired interview of the grieving parents where they stated their opinion of the second degree murder charge. Both are dismayed, sad and angry with this broken Injustice system.

We hear often enough how light sentencing has become the norm whether it be for murder, drug dealing, shootings, or gang activity.

It will be no time at all before this violent murderer is asking for parole and getting it.
Last edited by Catsumi on Mar 13th, 2018, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

There won't be another trial. Read the article guys!

His appeal was successful and a retrial granted. Rather than go through the second trial, he has pled guilty to 2nd degree murder. He'll be sentenced in April.

Mr. Foerster is rolling the dice hoping he'll get a lesser sentence than he did the first time around.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

RVThereYet wrote:
I know taking pictures in court is not allowed. That's why I said "leaving court" which is to say while he's being transferred in/out of the building or the Sherriff's van. IMO, a picture of that van leaving the court house (even if it doesn't show him) or a glimpse shot of him getting in or out of it (if you can get that), would be better than using that smirking *bleep* shot they likely pulled off his FB page.

I apologize for nitpicking, because I pretty much agree with you. I think, but I'm not sure, that sheriff's vehicles enter a parkade at the Kelowna courthouse when picking up or dropping off. But it doesn't matter.

And I thought of the airport photo right after I responded to your post.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

JayByrd wrote:There won't be another trial. Read the article guys!

His appeal was successful and a retrial granted. Rather than go through the second trial, he has pled guilty to 2nd degree murder. He'll be sentenced in April.

Mr. Foerster is rolling the dice hoping he'll get a lesser sentence than he did the first time around.

Please let the Canadian Justice system do a solid for once and sentence this monster for MORE time than his initial trial !!

I know it wont happen, but we can dream.
This guy shouldn't be allowed into the free world ever again. And hopefully some fellow inmates greet him properly :smt045
cubafreak
Board Meister

Post by cubafreak »

[

Please let the Canadian Justice system do a solid for once and sentence this monster for MORE time than his initial trial !!

I know it wont happen, but we can dream.
This guy shouldn't be allowed into the free world ever again. And hopefully some fellow inmates greet him properly :smt045[/quote]

Hear Hear!!!!!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

JayByrd wrote:There won't be another trial. Read the article guys!

Well lets hope his roll of the dice fails big time for him & goes in favour of victim and her Family (sentence wise that is)
Unfortunately knowing our justice system & how it does not give a damn about victims & there Families.... here hopping.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

JayByrd wrote:
RVThereYet wrote:

I apologize for nitpicking, because I pretty much agree with you. I think, but I'm not sure, that sheriff's vehicles enter a parkade at the Kelowna courthouse when picking up or dropping off. But it doesn't matter.

And I thought of the airport photo right after I responded to your post.

My turn to nit-pick ... his hearing was held at Vernon, not Kelowna, but you're right, they probably are in a sealed off area there, too.

But besides all that, let's hope the judge in this case sees through his rouse of, as you put it earlier, rolling the dice and receiving a lesser sentence this time in return for his (second degree) guilty plea.

The unfortunate part is, that he technically could be eligible for parole in no less than 15 years as he committed this crime prior to December 2, 2011 - see Faint Hope Clause: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(Canadian_law). That's if he will even get sentenced for that long - 2 degree carries a sentence of 10-25 years for a first offence.

We can only hope for the family's sake that the judge sentences him accordingly for what he did, which is beat a young woman to near death with his bare hands and then left her to die. If there was ever a case for max sentencing this is it. And, like someone else said already, let's hope karma gets his sorry *bleep* once he is in prison ...
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Mr Foerster needs to be a test subject for the use of deadly force by homeowners. I'll bet there a re lots of folks out there who would be more than happy to see how far they would go if this sad sack was the one who broke into there home.

This is the kind of guy who tends to bring the vigilante gene out front and center for some (me).

Honestly? He's just taking up space and torturing Taylors parents.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

If there is such a thing as karma, let's all hope that the judge has a teenage grand daughter whom he loves more than life itself.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
So murderer got 8 years removed, only winner here is the criminal. Definitely not the victims Family.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/22 ... ced-17-yrs
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

So murderer got 8 years removed, only winner here is the criminal. Definitely not the victims Family.

Disgusting. :cuss:
Once again our judicial system fails society.
I honestly (and with all my heart) hope this piece of human trash never lives free to walk among us ever again.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

useless judges :swear: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Taylor could have been expected to live at least another 50 years. That would be a far more suitable sentence. Our laws are protecting the wrong people in many cases.
Black Dogs Matter
butthead

Post by butthead »

its all about the money it cost to keep him in jail. thats it they don't give a shi_ about him killing that girl.

Return to “North Okanagan”