Foerster murder trial

motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Re: Foerster murder trial

Post by motorhomebabe »

The less air time that scum gets the better! People like him should be locked up and forgotten. I was sickened by his picture sitting on castanets front page for as long as it did.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

Neither his name nor his deed should be forgotten, because just like a bad penny he will return applying for parole or some kind of early exit from the prison system. Just like that scum who killed the Johnson and Bentley families.
cubafreak
Board Meister

Post by cubafreak »

motorhomebabe wrote:The less air time that scum gets the better! People like him should be locked up and forgotten. I was sickened by his picture sitting on castanets front page for as long as it did.

I agree! I feel exactly the same!
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

Andy S wrote:If the jury does not get hung, as a previous poster explained, the outcome may well be an agreement of manslaughter. Credit for ~in custody time~ is what 2 to one ..? So 2 years = 4 years credit against a lockup sentence of say 10 years (I don't know, what's the max for manslaughter ?)
However.. DNA left at the crime scene by Foerster was not in any database. A match was made with DNA taken from a female victim of a sexual assault that occurred in Kelowna in 2005. That victim met with a police artist who created a drawing of the man who had attacked her (nice sideburns Matt).. and .. Foerster will have a separate trial for that assault and a home invasion in 2004 in Cherryville where another young woman was attacked.
I'm a cynical and harsh *bleep* here in the forum - Dangerous Offender status is always a review possibility, but I'm probably being over reactionary.

wanderer wrote:I think they've done away from the in custody credits so that will give him a little extra time locked up. I hope it isn't hung and they are able to agree on 1st degree, but I'm pessimistic too.

My mistake this was reported April 11, 2014
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/supreme ... -1.2606789
In a unanimous 7-0 ruling, the high court affirmed that offenders can receive extra credit for time spent in custody before they are sentenced.
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

First Court date for ~other~ charges is May 05.
One can always reason with reason.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

thats it,WOW thanks for nothing judge
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

IMHO, the justice system has failed the victim and her family and failed the community with a sentence of 3 years for the father of the killer. This father knew full well what his son had done... that he had killed Taylor Van Diest in cold blood, and that given that crime,even a village idiot would understand that his son would be a threat to other young women in the future. In spite of that, he did everything that he could to assist his son in evading the police. Again IMHO, one need only to observe the father's conduct and total lack of values to understand how his son became such a predatory loser! The prosecutor in this case ought not to have agreed [with the defense counsel] to such a lenient deal, and in essence, the judge said exactly that. This is not the first time in the last while that our publicly paid prosecutors have agreed to ridiculous deals with local criminals. Remember the sentence handed out to the guy from Cycle Logic.... The Attorney General's office needs to get a grip on this stuff.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

all things considered i was expecting less time for the father, happy i was wrong.
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

So sorry for the blight on Cherryville's name. Animals raise animals..
Attachments
KingstonPenCellblock.jpg
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

An appeal of sentence is a right, so be it. The grounds for appeal in this animal's case should be interesting, when published.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

It may be his right but it's so wrong. The article on Castanet indicates the defense lawyer suggested that there was an invitation to sex and she may have consented and then recanted. BS. He set out to rape someone and he murdered her and was found guilty.

Oh yeah, she struggled and fell down and hit her head on a steel pipe. Six times and then the pipe is found in Cherryville along with other evidence.

Appeals should only be granted where the evidence that was used to convict could be considered sketchy. Not so here.

He is making a mockery of Taylors life and death and this should not be considered.

I hope he pays every day he's in jail in ways that we can't speak of here.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lawyers that defund sub humans like this should be ............- fill in the blanks on your own-
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

New Trial In Teen' Murder

Post by Treblehook »

Is there any wonder our courts lack credibility and are scorned by the society they are supposed to serve? A new trial is necessary to address these issues raised by the creep's defense counsel??? The accused admitted he killed this young woman, so the remedy should not have to be sought through a new trial that will put the family through this horrific ordeal again, nor should the taxpayer have to 100's of thousands if not over a million dollars to fund a new trial. Stupidity at it's best.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/190 ... n-s-murder
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2017, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link to article

Return to “North Okanagan”