Common courtesy, race cheerleaders

Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Common courtesy, race cheerleaders

Post by Wally »

Im not sure where to post this, Im sure mods will move it somewhere.
With the bicycle racing season beginning I am reminded of the last few years living on a common race route.
This is a message aimed at the volunteers who set things up and cheer on racers at corners.
Not everyone has the same enthusiasm for racing as you do, some people work out of town or nights or just enjoy sleeping in on sunday mornings, I have on more than a few occasions thought about following you home and standing in front of your house qith cowbells and air horns and yelling at 7 am next sunday morning. Im not saying I I think you shouldnt be there, just maybe leave the cowbells and air horns until a little later.
Two years ago the person at the corner in front of my house had a radio turned loud at a stupid early hour, I dont recall the time but it was still dark out.
Just a little courtesy would be awesome for the sport.
Im sure I will hear it for this haha.
Going today, hear tommorow
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Common courtesy, Race cheerleaders

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Agree!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
ferencv

Post by ferencv »

You have full support from me on this, and kudo's to you that you haven't given any of the "Cheerleaders" a talking to.
Can empathize with you, not to the degree of being woken up, but, we have a business full on one of the popular routes, and as you say, the behaviour (not by all, and not every time) has been far lacking in any form of courtesy, to the point of aggresive when asked to allow customers access.

It's when we see people acting this way, we need to first look at ourselves and assess, then, when we realize we are perfect :) we can let go with both barrels :)
=======================
Simply my 2-Sense
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

They should call it the annual self entitled race for the rich. Think about it, these people train on bikes that cost thousands of dollars and then they have, not all but many, a special race only bike that costs even more. So the question is, who is cheering these people on? More self entitled people who think they own the place.

Seriously, 7 am and air horns! It takes a special kinda of stupid to be that dumb. You see, you can have tons of cash and still be STUPID.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
gmeikle
Fledgling

Post by gmeikle »

And lets not forget those damn birds...chirping at ungodly hours of the morning ....

C'mon folks...how often is this really a nuisance ? once or twice a year ?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

doesn't matter how many times a year it happens its ignorant ever hear of common courtesy how do you know that person didn't work till 4 am talk about a selfish attitude I would go out and start knockin some heads together some people sure are challenged when it comes to common sense!
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Now that Ive got speakers on my decks I think a little Dead Kennedys or Suicidal Tendancies at full will drowned them out next time. Maybe Slayer or Pantera, hmmm.....
Going today, hear tommorow
gmeikle
Fledgling

Post by gmeikle »

yup sure...common courtesy usually doesn't involve "knocking heads" together.

And yes the horns fail at 7am fail the "courtesy" test.....but who cares.. Households with kids often fail the same test too.

let it go...move on...
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

Hmmm wrote:They should call it the annual self entitled race for the rich. Think about it, these people train on bikes that cost thousands of dollars and then they have, not all but many, a special race only bike that costs even more. So the question is, who is cheering these people on? More self entitled people who think they own the place.

Seriously, 7 am and air horns! It takes a special kinda of stupid to be that dumb. You see, you can have tons of cash and still be STUPID.

...seriously?...if this is you're actual level of reason, then you're apparently quite "well-off" yourself...
...I'm beginning to doubt there's actually any topic/subject/daily life occurence that someone in this town can't find something to b*tch about...
gmeikle
Fledgling

Post by gmeikle »

swoop....agreed !!!!!!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Swoop wrote:...I'm beginning to doubt there's actually any topic/subject/daily life occurence that someone in this town can't find something to b*tch about...

Yeah like people whining about boats on a lake. ROFLMAO
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

LoneWolf_53 wrote: Swoop wrote: ...I'm beginning to doubt there's actually any topic/subject/daily life occurence that someone in this town can't find something to b*tch about...

Yeah like people whining about boats on a lake. ROFLMAO

...oh, aren't you clever - actually you must be slipping - that took much longer than I expected...oh, and if you seriously equate some people cheering on some weekend cyclists with the impact of the other subject, then you really do need to pull your head out of - the sand and take a breath of fresh air...
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Swoop wrote:
...seriously?...if this is you're actual level of reason, then you're apparently quite "well-off" yourself...
...I'm beginning to doubt there's actually any topic/subject/daily life occurence that someone in this town can't find something to b*tch about...

Actually, I was just bored and chirped in. I could care less. :)
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

LTD wrote:doesn't matter how many times a year it happens its ignorant ever hear of common courtesy how do you know that person didn't work till 4 am talk about a selfish attitude I would go out and start knockin some heads together some people sure are challenged when it comes to common sense!

Have you missed something here... this is Kelowna. "It's all about me!" No-one cares about you, go figure. Sadly that is what this community is head to.

Common sense, just isn't common around here.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Ken7 wrote:Have you missed something here... this is Kelowna. "It's all about me!" No-one cares about you, go figure. Sadly that is what this community is head to.

I'm afraid you're wrong there, it's not "headed to," it gosh darn well arrived, quite some time ago. LOL

Return to “Central Okanagan”