Kelowna Style Or Lack Thereof

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kelowna Style Or Lack Thereof

Post by dirtybiker »

This also makes me cringe..

I saw a lady (using the term very loosely)stop to pick up her kid from ====== and
not only did she park on the sidewalk but she had on a bathrobe, fuzzy slippers,
hair styled ala shotgun and a Timmies in her hand at 3 in the afternoon....really?????

If she would have at least stayed in her car would be one thing, but, she went in to
retrieve her teenage off-spring(I assume)
At least the kid was well dressed and presentable! (She should teach the Momma how to go
out in public!!!!

-db
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Who cares? Maybe she's a shift worker. 3PM is morning for many people. Not everyone is a 9-5er. But aside from that how does this affect you?

The parking on the other hand is inexcusable.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

JLives wrote:Who cares? Maybe she's a shift worker. 3PM is morning for many people. Not everyone is a 9-5er. But aside from that how does this affect you?

The parking on the other hand is inexcusable.

I have trouble sleeping at night due to this problem...so there!
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Make up your own card for Kelowna, something like this.....
Attachments
imagesZVQ0E4GV.jpg
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Kelowna used to be a predominately agricultural community. I used to wear MY corporate 'suit' of overalls and dungarees and gum boots to town to do my banking, pick up supplies and yes, horror of horrors, go to the grocery store. No one complained or noticed then - in fact, at times, I think I was just a little bit envied by some. Kelowna is becoming a judgemental Starbucks/Tim Hortons/Winners Fashion Mecca ...me, I still go to town to do my business dressed as per always...you wanna judge me and those who might have to work outside the 9 to 5 'acceptable' hours then go ahead. Next time you sit down to a meal or enjoyed a beverage after 5:00 maybe you should consider what kind of people and lives it took to provide your pristine "fashioned" food for you.

Oh and as for the comments on WalMart....I NEVER, and I do mean NEVER shop there...that being said, if you don't like what you see there and it upsets your delicate sensibilities to the point that you feel the need to judge then DON'T GO THERE!

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Barney Google wrote:Kelowna used to be a predominately agricultural community. I used to wear MY corporate 'suit' of overalls and dungarees and gum boots to town to do my banking, pick up supplies and yes, horror of horrors, go to the grocery store. No one complained or noticed then - in fact, at times, I think I was just a little bit envied by some. Kelowna is becoming a judgemental Starbucks/Tim Hortons/Winners Fashion Mecca ...me, I still go to town to do my business dressed as per always...you wanna judge me and those who might have to work outside the 9 to 5 'acceptable' hours then go ahead. Next time you sit down to a meal or enjoyed a beverage after 5:00 maybe you should consider what kind of people and lives it took to provide your pristine "fashioned" food for you.

Oh and as for the comments on WalMart....I NEVER, and I do mean NEVER shop there...that being said, if you don't like what you see there and it upsets your delicate sensibilities to the point that you feel the need to judge then DON'T GO THERE!

I completely agree, to much time on your hands. I normally dress quite nicely (I like to think so at least) and have held the same value of never wearing my pj pants out in public.

But the other night I was really craving chocolate cake. So I stayed in my sweat pants, put on my UGGS, and drove down to Safeway at 9pm to buy a piece of chocolate cake. And guess what? I did not give a flying f*ck what anyone else thought. I don't know if its because I have gotten older, but my ability to care what other people I don't know think of me has really decreased.
hail Satan y'all
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

whatwhat wrote: I did not give a flying f*ck what anyone else thought. I don't know if its because I have gotten older, but my ability to care what other people I don't know think of me has really decreased.

RIGHT FLIPPIN' ON! Not only does it seem that far too many people have way too much time on their hands a great number of those self same individuals seem to be pretty righteously judgemental of people they know NOTHING about.

Hope you enjoyed your chocolate cake, WhatWhat!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Barney Google wrote:Kelowna used to be a predominately agricultural community. I used to wear MY corporate 'suit' of overalls and dungarees and gum boots to town to do my banking, pick up supplies and yes, horror of horrors, go to the grocery store. No one complained or noticed then - in fact, at times, I think I was just a little bit envied by some. Kelowna is becoming a judgemental Starbucks/Tim Hortons/Winners Fashion Mecca ...me, I still go to town to do my business dressed as per always...you wanna judge me and those who might have to work outside the 9 to 5 'acceptable' hours then go ahead. Next time you sit down to a meal or enjoyed a beverage after 5:00 maybe you should consider what kind of people and lives it took to provide your pristine "fashioned" food for you.

A while back ago on this thread it was stated and repeated, that nobody is referring to working people who need to shop before or after work. Its NOT what this is about. Its about the lazy, shameless and lack of self respect it seems so many people have around here.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

its also about me being bored and stirring up crap for no good reason.. :)
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Hmmm wrote:A while back ago on this thread it was stated and repeated, that nobody is referring to working people who need to shop before or after work. Its NOT what this is about. Its about the lazy, shameless and lack of self respect it seems so many people have around here.

Agreed; so I guess the way some people are thinking around here it would not bother them a bit if I saunter in to their favorite shopping spot in my red flannels with the trap door half open..tough time with that one button y'know....

tightee whitees should pass in the summer for going out since I outgrew my last pair of jammies when I was like....9!!

-db
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Kelownabusinessman
Fledgling

Post by Kelownabusinessman »

I have money, but I dress like the guy who makes $10 an hour. As long as I am comfortable I am happy, I don't care if Joe across the street is wearing a tie or not, I don't care if Sarah down the road wore her PJ's to pick up her son/daughter from school...life's too short to worry about things like such, most of the people who dress like "bums" have more money then those who actually put effort into what they wear, well most of my friends in that case...nonetheless, I go to stores to shop and not look at people.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Kelownabusinessman wrote:I have money, but I dress like the guy who makes $10 an hour. As long as I am comfortable I am happy, I don't care if Joe across the street is wearing a tie or not, I don't care if Sarah down the road wore her PJ's to pick up her son/daughter from school...life's too short to worry about things like such, most of the people who dress like "bums" have more money then those who actually put effort into what they wear, well most of my friends in that case...nonetheless, I go to stores to shop and not look at people.

You're confusing MONEY with class and self respect.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

^^^
That is very true, most of the people you see dressed over the top are the superficial wannabe types without the income or money to go with the look, whatever it may be. I would almost rather see someone dressed casual and comfortable. I cant help but feel sorry for the ones that just try to hard, they stick out like a sore thumb to me.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

You are confusing class and self respect with low self confidence and being insecure just trying to fit in!
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Hmmm wrote:You're confusing MONEY with class and self respect.

I think connecting how someone looks to their level of class or self-respect is pretty sad. People are more then what they look on the outside. Just because someone goes outside dressed in a way you perceive as "classless" or "lacking self respect" does not mean they are, or that they think so. Style is so personal. Something I think is ugly and gross, another may think is lovely.
hail Satan y'all

Return to “Central Okanagan”