Gas $143.9

A potpourri of off-topics.
Verminator
Board Meister

Re: Gas $143.9

Post by Verminator »

GordonH wrote:Price per/barrel of oil has not been directly applied to price at the pumps now for years, so no sense checking the price of a barrel means nothing at the pumps.

The price of crude DOES apply directly to the pump price, but only when it goes UP, or when some industry 'expert' suggests that it might go up. And it happens RIGHT NOW.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Download gasbuddy Map across Canada is interesting with pricing
GT500

Post by GT500 »

Hear is one for our MLA. The rack rate for fuel in Calgary is 73.20 per ltr for regular fuel and the rack rate in Kamloops is 71.70(where Kelowna get there fuel). The price for a ltr of fuel in Kelowna 125.9. The price for a ltr of fuel in Calgary 109.9. Can one of our bright over paid MLA's explain?
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

GT500 wrote:Hear is one for our MLA. The rack rate for fuel in Calgary is 73.20 per ltr for regular fuel and the rack rate in Kamloops is 71.70(where Kelowna get there fuel). The price for a ltr of fuel in Kelowna 125.9. The price for a ltr of fuel in Calgary 109.9. Can one of our bright over paid MLA's explain?

No provincial nor carbon tax in alberta. The liberals are ripping taxpayers off with their "CASH COW" CARBON TAX. Smarten up Christy.
GT500

Post by GT500 »

Then explain 1.13 in Chiliwack?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GT500 wrote:Then explain 1.13 in Chiliwack?

More competition, namely from south of the border.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GT500 wrote:Then explain 1.13 in Chiliwack?
Glacier wrote:More competition, namely from south of the border.

Then why when we were in Osoyoos a week ago and fuel in the States was $3.89 gal and $1.34l in Osoyoos.
That surprised me as I thought it would be less than that in Osoyoos to compete.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

GT500 wrote:Hear is one for our MLA. The rack rate for fuel in Calgary is 73.20 per ltr for regular fuel and the rack rate in Kamloops is 71.70(where Kelowna get there fuel). The price for a ltr of fuel in Kelowna 125.9. The price for a ltr of fuel in Calgary 109.9. Can one of our bright over paid MLA's explain?

His suggestion last time was to buy a Smart Car like he did ... you know, the one that you can load the family up in and all their gear.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

delSol97 wrote:His suggestion last time was to buy a Smart Car like he did ... you know, the one that you can load the family up in and all their gear.

Try pulling a 6000kilo 5th wheel with one of those!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bsuds wrote:Then why when we were in Osoyoos a week ago and fuel in the States was $3.89 gal and $1.34l in Osoyoos.
That surprised me as I thought it would be less than that in Osoyoos to compete.

Osoyoos is now down to 125.9, but I hear ya. The reason is likely because Osoyoos is a much smaller market and more isolated than Abby. 1000s of people go across the border to shop every day in the Abottsford area. They also have to compete with Chilliwack and other nearby towns. Having the likes of Costco in town also adds to the competition.

We underestimate the effect of isolation on gas prices, but it's a huge factor. A small town with few nearby gas stations will always have higher prices. This is why Sicamous, Golden, Bella Coola, and Fort Nelson all have higher gas prices than Osoyoos. It is also why Osoyoos has higher prices than Abbotsford.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I don't disagree with that but it's like a 5 min drive in Osoyoos to go across the Border and if you pick the time right there is little or no wait at Customs.
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

$1.08 Abbotsford this morning. We are just to nice! Time to revolt, scream, shame whoever is connected to gas station. Don't buy no extras there. Let attendant know that you don't blame them but let them know how choked you are and eventually something will change. Most of these station have local owners. QUIT BIENG SO DAMN NICE!
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

nikonfan wrote:$1.08 Abbotsford this morning. We are just to nice! Time to revolt, scream, shame whoever is connected to gas station. Don't buy no extras there. Let attendant know that you don't blame them but let them know how choked you are and eventually something will change. Most of these station have local owners. QUIT BIENG SO DAMN NICE!

Yup, boycotting the store is one way to do it ... but it's futile UNLESS you tell the manager you are doing so.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Yup, I'll boycott the store where I never buy anything anyway...that'll work. lol
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Girlcotting is a lot more effective than boycotting.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Grab Bag”