Übergod

Gas $143.9

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Gotta love long weekends !
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Gas $ 143.9

Post by Bsuds »

The gas companies are so predictable...filled up the day before.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Starting last weekend a spike in grocery prices too, welcome to BBQ season. Good thing we don't eat as much when it's hot outside.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Bsuds wrote:The gas companies are so predictable...filled up the day before.

Of course you're still a sucker. We all are. We're like fish in a barrel.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Gas 143.9

Saw that on castanet last night. You guys are getting hosed.

It's still around 112.4 here. Was planning on making a trip to the Okanagan in late May - think i'll fill a few jerry cans and bring them with me!
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

price fixing in this town goes on, only because most of the owners are all friends with each other. and are all on the same page with raiseing the prices all at the same time
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Gas is 10 cents/litre more expensive than this date last year. It cannot be explained by crude or currency differentials alone. Market concentration costs consumers dearly.

Crude oil is currently $110.4 per barrel. Last year on this date it was $96.8.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

the truth wrote:price fixing in this town goes on, only because most of the owners are all friends with each other. and are all on the same page with raiseing the prices all at the same time

As I understand it, individual station owners don't set gas prices, they're dictated from head office.
cubafreak
Board Meister

Post by cubafreak »

that is the way it was when I worked at a gas station, head office makes the call and tells us when to change the price
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

the truth wrote:price fixing in this town goes on, only because most of the owners are all friends with each other. and are all on the same page with raiseing the prices all at the same time

That's not true. Prices are set at the head office and the local owners/operators receive a fixed amount per litre they sell no matter what the retail price is.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well since price fixing at the top can not be proven ,the only thing left is price fixing locally
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Price fixing could be proven if there was a political will to prove it, but since the oil companies wield a great deal of influence with our government (regardless of which party is in power) that will never happen. I'm not a tinfoil hat kinda gal, but I'm afraid that's one conspiracy I believe exists.
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

Get used to it.

Several independent economists (Robyn Allen, former CEO of ICBC) have written reports that state if the NG Pipeline is approved, it will end the Alberta oil glut, and the price of fuel in Canada will go up 50 cents per litre immediately.

When big oil tells us that they want the pipeline in order to get world price, they mean from us, not for us.

At least we will know why....
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Alberta oil companies will get 50c/l more on the world market, but it will not effect us here in the Okanagan because they already hold us over a barrel. ie. there is already no competition here.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Takin it easy ! wrote:Gotta love long weekends !

gotta love big oil gouging lol but hey china needs our oil more :P

Return to “Grab Bag”