Gas $143.9

A potpourri of off-topics.
delSol97
Board Meister

Re: Gas $143.9

Post by delSol97 »

"Cool story bro" but I don't drink 5L of Starbucks a day.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

delSol97 wrote:"Cool story bro" but I don't drink 5L of Starbucks a day.

Average coffee drinker consumes 2.6 cups per day which equals about $4.50 (more at speciality coffee shops)
(now I don't stop at either Tim's or StarBucks so no idea of the exact price for a cup of coffee)
2.6 cups equals .59 litres (at current gas price) x $1.429 = .84 cents

I make my own coffee at home a lot better then either of the above....... and bonus cheaper to.

just having a fun with prices & what people complain about or don't. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:Average coffee drinker consumes 2.6 cups per day

Yay! I'm above average at something yay! ;)
GordonH wrote:just having a fun with prices & what people complain about or don't. lol

The same goes for those with bad *bleep* pick ups and and haul their snowmobiles all year round, over even those VW and Subarus who haul their ski coffins all year ... stuff like that adds up your MPG more than most people realize.

Same with the comments above with people gunning it as soon as the light goes green, it always amazes me when the lady in the minivan chirps her tires as soon as the light goes green. Cars can accelerate just fine by just touching the gas pedal ... no need to burn a hole in you're floor mat.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

GordonH wrote:Average coffee drinker consumes 2.6 cups per day which equals about $4.50 (more at speciality coffee shops)
(now I don't stop at either Tim's or StarBucks so no idea of the exact price for a cup of coffee)
2.6 cups equals .59 litres (at current gas price) x $1.429 = .84 cents

I make my own coffee at home a lot better then either of the above....... and bonus cheaper to.

just having a fun with prices & what people complain about or don't. lol

Heh, well, if you can convince my truck to only use 2 cups of fuel a day it would come in handy right now. :)
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Gilchy wrote:Cylinder deactivation only applies when there is little to no load on the engine. Fuel is drawn on a load basis, not necessarily rpm. Acceleration, regardles of how fast or slow, is load, and so all 6 cylinders would be active. It would be interesting to see a controlled variable test of what the best overall method of acceleration is. I'm sure someone has done one, I'll keep an eye out!

Sounds like a job for mythbusters.

I'm still waiting for the first manufacturer to come out with a dimpled car. Mythbusters tested a dimpled vehicle and it achieves better aerodynamics. Uses the same principle as a golf ball. Hopefully if they ever do I wont hook that as well.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

Just park at Orchard Park mall near the doors, you'll get all the "dimples" you'll ever need.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I'm just happy they didn't throw the price up on a Friday... ahhh it was so good to see them screw us from Tuesday onward. If feel so much better!!
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Crude is up again today at about $106 US. Get ready for much higher gas prices, everyone!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

gas $1.39 today
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

the truth wrote:gas $1.39 today

You got screwed. I paid 137.9 - 7 cents for Superbucks = 130.9 yesterday.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Partmanpartfish wrote:Crude is up again today at about $106 US. Get ready for much higher gas prices, everyone!

I doubt it, they stopped playing that card about 8 years ago LOL!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
bumblebuns
Fledgling

Post by bumblebuns »

$1.519 at one station in Vancouver today.
Bumblebuns
world2change

Post by world2change »

To those complaining I suggest reading this week's column in the G&M - How to protect yourself against rising energy prices.

There's great chart at the bottom that shows price of fuel versus inflation. It's not rocket science to conclude that instead of complaining the more useful approach is to stop wasting energy and factoring in consumption in making unnecessary trips, behavior, and buying decisions. Given the number of large trucks, SUVs, McMansions, incandescent bulbs, and suburban hillside homes it's evident there's lots of room for improvement before complaining is warranted.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in ... e19127548/
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

^^ The downside to becoming more efficient in our ways is that we use less, once we start using less, the demand for energy goes down, once the demand goes down, the energy companies stop posting record profits every quarter, once they start realizing they aren't making as much profit, they offset their loss by once again, raising the prices putting the consumer at higher cost levels while using more efficient products then they were at before using less efficient products LOL ;)

Don't get me wrong, we really need to smarten up when it comes to being more fuel and energy efficient as a society and not just individuals, but saving money is a game that we're simply not going to win.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on Jun 20th, 2014, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.

Return to “Grab Bag”