Gas $143.9

A potpourri of off-topics.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Re: Gas $143.9

Post by tsayta »

Oops!
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

tsayta wrote:Oops!

Ok forgiven. ... but dammit!

I got bets on .80c :hailjo:

If it hits 80c tsayta, ill drive you anywhere you wanna go, no charge.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Sweet. But I ain't riding on the back of yo motorcycle no mo!
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Had the misfortune of having to layover in Edmondump for a day waiting for reload and gas was 59.9/liter at the Petro Pass in Acheson. The biggest problem with that is you need to live there to enjoy that pricing. If I rent a super b and fill er up at the pumps i could make a fortune
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Noisy Boater wrote:Had the misfortune of having to layover in Edmondump for a day waiting for reload and gas was 59.9/liter at the Petro Pass in Acheson. The biggest problem with that is you need to live there to enjoy that pricing. If I rent a super b and fill er up at the pumps i could make a fortune
It's closer to the 50 region in some spots here, I think it's gonna dip into the 40s.
Sure do love Rutland!!
susyq
Fledgling

Post by susyq »

Anyone know why gas went up to 99.9????? Was 86.9 this morning.... What has changed??
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

susyq wrote:Anyone know why gas went up to 99.9????? Was 86.9 this morning.... What has changed??

The rack price was not low enough to warrant a price of 86.9. It was bound to go up.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

susyq wrote:Anyone know why gas went up to 99.9????? Was 86.9 this morning.... What has changed??

Nothing has changed except greed has increased. Big Oil hasn't been making their usual billions in profits lately so even though crude is still down they decided to increase their profits at the refinery level.
The rack rate (wholesale price) went up 12 cents last week at the Kamloops depot (where Kelowna gets its gas) and prices there jumped at the pumps the same day. For some reason prices in Kelowna have stayed down for a week but the cheap ride is over. We had a week of reprieve and should be thankful.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Crude went up 5.6% after Russia and Saudi Arabia said they're going to freeze production due to the saturated market ...

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/158 ... n-the-rise
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Rack price out of Kamloops has jumped up 12 cents over last 7 business days.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Dizzy1 wrote:Crude went up 5.6% after Russia and Saudi Arabia said they're going to freeze production due to the saturated market ...

Actually it was Iran agreeing with the proposed Russian and Saudi production limits that caused the increase but that is for oil contracts which are going to be supplied in mid March not today in mid February which it presently is so "should" technically not be the cause for the present increase at the pumps. The present increase we are seeing at our pumps is simply the result of Big Oil's insatiable greed for increased profits.
Supply and Demand, those who control the supply get to demand what ever price they want.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Exactly. The cost of oil has nothing to do with how gas is priced. That's how things work... they're in business to make money and the more they make, the happier their shareholders are. They charge the most they can, just like they should.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

I just love how when the trend is downwards it drops 1 or 2 cents per litre at a time but when it goes up it shoots up 12 or 13 cents per litre instantly. Greed is right.
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

"free enterprise" definition: The freedom of private businesses to operate competitively for profit with minimal governmental regulation. aka GREED
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Snarf wrote:"free enterprise" definition: The freedom of private businesses to operate competitively for profit with minimal governmental regulation. aka GREED

The trouble is when it comes to gasoline sales in BC there is not an open or competitive market place at all but actually an totally un-competitive Oligopoly situation ripe with price fixing due to collusion

Definition:
oligopoly
[ol-i-gop-uh-lee]
-the market condition that exists when there are few sellers, as a result of which they can greatly influence price and other market factors.

Return to “Grab Bag”