Gas $143.9

A potpourri of off-topics.
atenbacon
Übergod

Re: Gas $143.9

Post by atenbacon »

GordonH wrote:Chances are you purchased Suncor fuel anyway.

Oh absolutely, there is a good chance percentage wise. There is also a 100% chance I didn't purchase gasoline or any other thing from a Petro Canada gas station. If Suncor stays open and Petro Canada doesn't that would be a great day, I don't take issue with Suncor, just the Petro Canada branch of their business model.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

Fuel cost hedging program.

When investing my RSPs this January, I chose to invest part in the energy sector as it's market valuations were so beaten up and I drive 50,000 kms per year in an economical TDI, so wanted to hedge my bets.

The capital appreciation I have experienced since buying SU & CPG in January, will cover a $0.30 per litre fuel cost for me over the next 162,000 km. This does not include any dividends. The ongoing dividends (which may get cut again by CPG), coupled with capital appreciation will ensure my fuel costs are well hedged for years to come. The stock prices will fluctuate for ever, as will the fuel cost. When the fuel price dips, the stock price will often dip as well which makes a good buying opportunity if in a position to do so.

Most people have RSPs, TFSAa or a Cash account of some sort. An investment of only $4,845 has "locked in" my fuel costs for many years to come.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Chances are you purchased Suncor fuel anyway.

atenbacon wrote:Oh absolutely, there is a good chance percentage wise. There is also a 100% chance I didn't purchase gasoline or any other thing from a Petro Canada gas station. If Suncor stays open and Petro Canada doesn't that would be a great day, I don't take issue with Suncor, just the Petro Canada branch of their business model.

Since all the fuel coming into Kamloops is bulk, there is no way to know who refinery produced it. Like I said each companies additives are add when delivery transport trucks pick up at Kamloops terminal. Only oil company that supply directly to their stations and 1 type of fuel that is Chevron Supreme plus, since it's only 1 with no ethanol.

When Suncor bought out Petro-Canada, they did not go out and spend money changing the to retail outlets over to Suncor. Maybe one day they may, doubtful.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I might be wrong but the price of crude in 2005 was higher than it is today (approx $50). The corresponding price of gas then was 0.97. So why would gas prices today be so much higher. It's a scam
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
jof123ca

Post by jof123ca »

atenbacon, i 100% agree with you. as ive always said, petro can is always first to raise the prices, and i REFUSE to ever go there again. good for you bud. im on your side!!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

tsayta wrote:I might be wrong but the price of crude in 2005 was higher than it is today (approx $50). The corresponding price of gas then was 0.97. So why would gas prices today be so much higher. It's a scam

As much as I detest the gas and oil companies your comparison to a 2005 price that only has a 13 cent difference from then until now isn't a good one. Inflation over 11 years can easily account for the difference. Think about the cost of pretty much anything 11 years ago.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I noticed that they've finally started to work on the new Esso station at the airport (about time - sheesh). Maybe this extra station will bring in some competition? ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lol,lol,lol I think not--good one
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Dizzy1 wrote:I noticed that they've finally started to work on the new Esso station at the airport (about time - sheesh). Maybe this extra station will bring in some competition? ;)

I think only one that could do that would if Costco gets pumps.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

I see they lowered prices a couple cents. fill up now, should be going up 10 fairly soon
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

when is the next long weekend :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Monday, May 23rd - Victoria Day
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I will fill up about 10 days before then :smt045
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

vinnied wrote:I see they lowered prices a couple cents. fill up now, should be going up 10 fairly soon

Ah the benefits of living in Kelowna where the price actually dropped below 90cents at one point. Vernon is not so lucky. It's still 105.9 here, though I think that's a drop of 1 cent.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Glacier wrote:Ah the benefits of living in Kelowna where the price actually dropped below 90cents at one point. Vernon is not so lucky. It's still 105.9 here, though I think that's a drop of 1 cent.

If you read a couple of pages back, Vernon was about 10 cents a litre cheaper than Kelowna last month.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Grab Bag”