New spring ratings for Kelowna radio?

southy
Lord of the Board

New spring ratings for Kelowna radio?

Post by southy »

Has anyone seen the new spring ratings for Kelowna radio? I understand Country 100.7 and K96 didn't fair to well.
delSol97
Board Meister

Re: New spring ratings for Kelowna radio?

Post by delSol97 »

For every 3 listening to EZROCK there are 2 listening to Country.

That actually sounds not so bad for 100.7.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Gee, there are 5 people listening to the radio?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

hmm. country and music in the same sentence ?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

delSol97 wrote:For every 3 listening to EZROCK there are 2 listening to Country.

That actually sounds not so bad for 100.7.

That's because there's only one Country Station. If there was another country option, the results might be different.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Volvotrucker

Post by Volvotrucker »

Who really listens to the radio anymore? I turned it on last week for 1 minute and I heard that same commercial with that idiot screaming AANNDDRREEAA'SS electronics. That same nut was screaming that back in the OV63 days. With the availability of podcasts, satellites, iPods, why would anyone insult their intelligence with the absolute crap that they call radio. Same with CHBC, I saw one of their vans yesterday and I really had no idea that they are still around. Way back when I was listening to radio you could set your clock by the song on the radio, same song, same time every night. Absolute trash. If they all shut down I would not even know.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

CBC is just barely behind the top "rock" station.

That says a lot.

Terrestrial radio is dead.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
amscott

Post by amscott »

Local radio stations are annoying! You have the announcers with their failed attempts at humour , the ear-splitting commercials ( i.e. Chances) and the constant replay of the same songs all day long.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Volvotrucker wrote:Who really listens to the radio anymore? I turned it on last week for 1 minute and I heard that same commercial with that idiot screaming AANNDDRREEAA'SS electronics. That same nut was screaming that back in the OV63 days. With the availability of podcasts, satellites, iPods, why would anyone insult their intelligence with the absolute crap that they call radio. Same with CHBC, I saw one of their vans yesterday and I really had no idea that they are still around. Way back when I was listening to radio you could set your clock by the song on the radio, same song, same time every night. Absolute trash. If they all shut down I would not even know.

Radio is so depressing in this town. All of the stations play the same boring songs over and over again. I used to like the Juice then they changed the format and I can't stand it now. I think I'll switch to satellite radio. The Andre's commercials annoy me so much I'll never shop there.
world2change

Post by world2change »

No surprise Juice is at the bottom. Seriously what's with those who own Kelowna Radio stations. Maybe you need to go on sabbatical and see what people outside Kelowna's bubble listen to. There is no reason and no where else in the world where Bryan Adams gets so much air time and not sure what the strategy is playing the same sames that every other station plays.

Kelowna is growing up and so are changing the demographics. Seems like Kelowna radio lost the 90s and is completely missing the 30 something demographic.

In the meantime, CBC radio is the default.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Internet radio for me on the road.
SoyChai
Fledgling

Post by SoyChai »

Satellite radio in my car - well worth the subscription fee over listening to local radio in this town. I do, however, listen to our local CBC radio often.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

CBC radio 2 Drive with Rich Terfry, which is on every afternoon, is what music radio used to be like. New music you hadn't heard before and may add to your collection. Or older songs placed in a context making them interesting again. This is because of a knowledgable deejay who talks about the music he helps program.

That being said I do think commercial radio still has its place. The sound quality is still better than Satillite. But the commercials have to come way down in volume. It's brutal when you have a good song cranked and then get nailed with "ANDRE'S!!". And they have to expand thier playlists and challenge the listener a bit to songs they don't already know. And the deejay banter is just annoying and has to stop. Larry and Willie on the coast years ago could pull it off but that's rare. If I wanted to be included in your personal conversation and know your every opinion I wouldn't be listening to them on the radio. I'd be on Castanet Forums reading them.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Was scanning the radio the other day and came across 95.1 FM which is a local westside radio station. Anyone ever listen to it long enough to give a rating?
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Central Okanagan”