Fortis guys going door to door

squirt10

Fortis guys going door to door

Post by squirt10 »

anyone had a knock on the door from guys working for fortis/ selling locked in gas rates?
dorito
Fledgling

Re: Fortis Guys going door to door

Post by dorito »

Sounds like a scam. I dint think fortis has locked in rates.

My dad got scammed into one of those many years ago. When I was settling his accounts and selling his house after he passed away, I was shocked to see how much more he had been paying for gas over the years then the current rates were.

Don't fall for it!!
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

...maybe call Fortis Customer Service?...

http://www.fortisbc.com/NaturalGas/Home ... -door.aspx

Since the launch of the Customer Choice program on May 1, 2007, natural gas marketing companies have been selling fixed-term, fixed-rate contracts to residential customers. These companies often employ commissioned sales people to sell these contracts door-to-door. FortisBC does NOT employ commissioned sales people to sell contracts door-to-door.

Here are some helpful tips for when a salesperson knocks on your door:

Ask what company the salesperson represents and request to see his or her company ID. Keep in mind that the only time you should see the FortisBC logo is on the confirmation letter you will receive after enrolling in the program. FortisBC does not sell door-to-door.
Remember that your FortisBC bill contains personal information so be cautious about showing it to a salesperson.
Ensure you read and understand the details of the marketer’s offer before signing an agreement. You have two choices: 1. Take no action and continue to buy your natural gas from FortisBC at a variable rate; 2. Sign a fixed-term, fixed-rate Consumer Agreement with a gas marketer.
The choice is yours whether or not to purchase your gas through a gas marketer. FortisBC will continue providing you with gas service if you choose not to sign a contract.
If you believe a salesperson has misrepresented themselves, please contact the BC Utilities Commission.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Anyone coming to your door selling locked gas rates.....tell them to beat it or punch them in the face!! I got screwed a few years ago and never signed or agreed to jack *bleep*!!
Sure do love Rutland!!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Just had them come to my homes Yesterday. If you do not pay attention it sounds like they are with FORTIS. They are not, I just don't recall the name of the company. The sale is they want you gas contract where it is locked in. If priced go down, sorry you still pay them the higher average price.

*removed* I sent him packing as I wasn't interested and it ends up being a higher cost.
Last edited by Merry on Jun 18th, 2014, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not post the name of the company
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

phasyluck wrote:Anyone coming to your door selling locked gas rates.....tell them to beat it or punch them in the face!! I got screwed a few years ago and never signed or agreed to jack *bleep*!!

Can you say how much more you paid?? Also what company did you sign with, it may be same company.

If you want to discuss the pros and cons of different companies, please use PM, not the open forum.
Thanks,
Merry
dconzatti
Fledgling

Post by dconzatti »

Came to my door last week as well.
*removed*
Discussing the pros and cons of various gas providers should be discussed via PM, not on the open forum.

The following link provides general information on the subject and therefore is allowed. But please use the PM system if making any negative comments about any of the available providers.
Thanks,
Merry

http://www.fortisbc.com/NATURALGAS/HOME ... fault.aspx
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

Use your head people ... do you really think they are in the business of LOSING money?
K33p3r

Re: Fortis guys going door to door

Post by K33p3r »

somehow one of those groups of people going door to door talked my other half into signing....they essentially double the price that I was already paying. I removed them when the 'contract' was up. If you have just signed up, you should be able to remove yourself from them within in the 10 days....anyone can comfirm that one?
Nada
andy1976

Post by andy1976 »

They are not with Fortis. They buy gas from them so obviously it is no deal. They charge a huge fee to get out as well. They are legit though but think about it they have to make money somehow. If it seems to good to be true then it probably is.
amomof2dogs
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by amomof2dogs »

This message was printed on the bottom of my Fortis Gas bill

Natural gas commodity rates have changed from $4.640 to $3.781 per gigajoule effective
October 1. Residential customers’ annual charges will decrease by approximately eight
per cent depending on consumption. The BC Utilities Commission approved this rate
adjustment. For more details, visit fortisbc.com/rates

Sure happy that I told those gas resellers to go take a hike when they tried to lock me into a better price so I would be "protected" when natural gas prices went wayyyyy up! My equal payment dropped from $89 to $70 per month.
I think, therefore we are different.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Had those guys at my door last year... told them I'd ask my Fortis buddies I work next door to..

The buggered off in a hurry .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Ken7.... The name had changed from one I can't recall to Just Energy and if my memory serves me correct it was 9.4 cents per GJ and going rate was 4.9. This was a few years back but I think I'm correct, same clowns came to my house here in Edmonton coincidentally right after I purchased just as in Kelowna.
Sure do love Rutland!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”