Kelowna cop could face criminal charges

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Kelowna cop could face criminal charges

Post by Donald G »

To cutter7 ...

Every death is an equal loss to someone but that has nothing to do with your previous comment. You, and one or two others , were demanding human perfection and I pointed out that more cops "gave their lives for the cause" over the years than committed any type of minor or more serious transgressions last year.

That does not in any way suggest that the death of other Canadians is any more of less important than that of a police officer any more than a "sin" by a police officer is any more acceptable or disgraceful than a sin by any other Canadian in many other occupations.

What do you think your friends and family would come up with if they were totally honest about your past, present or future activities or actions? How many would involve criminal acts? How many would involve moral turpitude?
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

where you watching jeopardy tonight? thats twice in one night I've seen/heard turpitude used in a sentence.

while we may all be human, we would expect people trained to arrest /protect the public to behave in a manner that best suits the public.

Putting innocent lives at risk just to make an arrest should be left for times when the suspect is putting the public in more danger than the arrest itself.

Another point regarding my views and reality,, I am not the person who made the rules about calling off a chase I am merely a person who supports it, people who have opposing views are entitled to their opinion but then again,, they are the ones with a false sense of reality wouldn't you say?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the only a holes in this story is the goofs running from the cops
ya know what criminals do best cutter.
they never accept responsibility thats what
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I have a question.. Anyone here taken an oath to do their job properly?
I never have but if I did, I would take it seriously.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I have a question.. Anyone here taken an oath to do their job properly?
I never have but if I did, I would take it seriously.

nothing to do with taking an oath
anyone that gets paid to do a job, should do that job properly or get fired
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Finally . You speak the Truth.. Thank you..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you welcome
happy Canada day
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Two more incidents in the paper this morning where persons were injured in accidents involving the police some while back. The cop haters of course immediately labelled the cause as criminal acts by the police. An investigation by the Independent Investigators Office has resulted in Crown Counsel deciding that there was "no likelihood of conviction".

That is not to belittle the harm done but to again point out that the very nature of police work sometimes involves undesirable side effects. The alternative would be for the police to stop dealing with potentially dangerous emergency situations and let the situation play itself out before their arrival. An equally unacceptable possibility.
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

I watched the video and I really can't believe chbc went with the story. I mean 1st of all the guy admits he shouldn't of been driving and he fled from the cops. Then goes on to say the cops should not have chased him. Come on people. That's what cops are supposed to do. Ge the bad guys *bleep*. The entire load about gun shots. Please spare me the bs. This guy is a liar that lies when we speaks it's all bs. Chbc you should be ashamed and the reporter that did the story should come for a ride a long with the cops. Maybe he would learn a thing or two.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup 10/10
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

The fact that this pillar of society says he shouldn't have been driving....the cops shouldn't have chased him blows me away. *bleep* does society expect the police to do? This *bleep* is a pos that needs to understand....You run from the cops because you're prob high, drunk or have stolen crap or drugs in the car you deserve everything you get. Here's a thought...the cops wouldn't have had to chase your dumb *bleep* if you didn't run or do anything in the 1st place. I hope he feels all high and mighty doing that interview and now he's rotting in jail. I for one have zero respect for the reported that took the interview. It's all bs and not news worthy at all. He's making something out of nothing and trying to do it all on the back of the rcmp. Sad.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Well said Trigger69.

The problem is that many want to buy into this crap and believe that it's the fault of the police. To them I suspect everything is the fault of police, or government, or someone - just not them.

And for those who still don't see it, have a look at the media and the hyped up stories you buy into so religiously. Can't you see how you're being manipulated?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

My, my, my. A month and a half and according to the headline on this string a "Kelowna cop could (still) face criminal charges.

The caption remains nothing but completely unsupported and misleading ant police hype, given that no one suggested criminal charges in the first place.
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

Donald G wrote:My, my, my. A month and a half and according to the headline on this string a "Kelowna cop could (still) face criminal charges.

The caption remains nothing but completely unsupported and misleading ant police hype, given that no one suggested criminal charges in the first place.

This is why IMO the reporter should be taken to task by chbc. You can't tell me the reporter could have tried to interview someone from the police or the IIO to substantiate his lame explanations for his actions and accusations. Anyone who frequents down town kelowna for business or pleasure knows this lame excuse of a citizen (Brodie) is nothing more than a drug pushing waste of skin. Sorry if that's harsh but those are the facts.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup 10/10

Return to “Central Okanagan”