Topless Laws?

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Topless Laws?

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Could be a lot of truth in that last paragraph..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Could be a lot of truth in that last paragraph..

I agree.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Anyways, you don't wanna be bared chested, male or female, outside of the Okanagan. Maybe you forgot, but Canada is crap flies & mosquitos country, like, gazillions of them, just waiting to suck or rip your titties.

Brutal.

Those on here saying "boobies are great" may not say that if it were their grandmother walking down the street bare chested, whereas if they were really not caring then they should have no problem.

Ummmm. Not if it was my grandmother but maybe if it was yours.

Not all Grannys let themselves go.

happy.jpg
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

As I am only in my early forties and have a 19 yr old daughter and a 21 yr old son, I know very well how guys react to the sight of girls breasts. And I know how the girls dress. My daughter has the triangle style bikini like I used to wear. But do I want young girls (14+) wondering around the beaches and the parks and streets topless? heck NO!

If my daughter took off her top in public my son would grab her towel, wrap it around her and duck tape her in it!

Do it at beaches intended for nudity, or if you find a spot somewhere that is more private, backyard, whatever, but you don't have to stick them in everyone's face.
Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

Crying-Angel wrote:As I am only in my early forties and have a 19 yr old daughter and a 21 yr old son, I know very well how guys react to the sight of girls breasts. And I know how the girls dress. My daughter has the triangle style bikini like I used to wear. But do I want young girls (14+) wondering around the beaches and the parks and streets topless? heck NO!

If my daughter took off her top in public my son would grab her towel, wrap it around her and duck tape her in it!

Do it at beaches intended for nudity, or if you find a spot somewhere that is more private, backyard, whatever, but you don't have to stick them in everyone's face.

So your son would take it upon himself to decide what is morally acceptable for his adult sister to do with her own body and wrap her in what sounds like a makeshift burqa. I think those family values would be more at home in Saudi Arabia.

If someone takes their top off at a public beach, they are not sticking their chest in people's faces...unless they literally are running up to people and sticking it in their face. Is there a time and place where it's more appropriate to be topless? Yes of course, but that applies to both genders. I don't like standing in line at the gas station behind a sweaty dude without a shirt, I think that's an inappropriate place to be without a shirt, but that's my personal opinion. I wouldn't advocate for anyone to wrap the shirtless dude in a towel and duct tape.

Whatever the situation, you cannot make women responsible for how men react when they see boobs or women in revealing clothing. I know that I can see naked boobs without losing control of my urges or making the owner of said boobs feel like they are a piece of meat on display. Likewise, I know that if I see something I don't want to see, like a fat guy in a speedo, I can just look away. At the same time, as a guy who isn't comfortable taking his shirt off in his own back yard, I'm thinking "good for you, fat guy in the speedo."
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

This kind of reminds me of the Seinfeld episode "The Apology" good naked, bad naked.

My guess is if this were commonplace, there'd be a whole lot of Bad Naked goin on.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

I love that comic, but if I want to sunbathe topless on the beach, I will. Hell, I slip out of my entire bathing suit (and have done so quite often) when I swim way out from the water's edge with no one around. [Note: This is easier to do with a one piece, and it allows for zero tan lines!]
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Pookybear wrote:Very well said. I use to wonder when the likes of Brittany Spears came on the seen, being all image and no talent, what would women be doing in 10-20 years to get attention. Rhianna, under the guise of being fashionable goes to a red carpet event half naked. Downtown on Canada Day I was having a hard time telling all the teeny boppers apart as they all looked exactly the same with their little tiny short shorts and bras slightly covered by a shirt. Sun tan naked if you want but most people will see through your equality arguement and see it is just low self esteem and a desperate need for attention. Breast are heavily sexualized in North America, deal with it.

For real? One could easily argue they're just skin and tissue like any part of the body and you should just deal with it. Perhaps if it were only the female visible breast that was sexualized ,I'd have to go against my better judgement and agree with you.....but it's not. Sadly, women are too often victimized in thistle dominated society. It's not just bare breasts, but also a girl "deserving it" when she is accosted/assaulted for dressing a certain way. Perhaps we'd be better off as a society if we didn't allow the sexulaization to be so prominent . It's not the girl who sunbathes topless that has/is causing the problem , but rather than creepy guys staring ( not to mention the Quakers crying murder when all they have to do is not look). One need only look online to know any different things turn the crank for many different people. There are foot fetish sites. Should men and women now have to don billy boots when leaving the house? People should learn to mind their own business. Just because a woman may be bouncing the down the street naked on a phallic shaped pogo stick , it doesn't mean she wants relations with you ( or anyone for that matter).
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

[quote="Geckonidae"

So your son would take it upon himself to decide what is morally acceptable for his adult sister to do with her own body and wrap her in what sounds like a makeshift burqa. I think those family values would be more at home in Saudi Arabia.

If someone takes their top off at a public beach, they are not sticking their chest in people's faces...unless they literally are running up to people and sticking it in their face. Is there a time and place where it's more appropriate to be topless? Yes of course, but that applies to both genders. I don't like standing in line at the gas station behind a sweaty dude without a shirt, I think that's an inappropriate place to be without a shirt, but that's my personal opinion. I wouldn't advocate for anyone to wrap the shirtless dude in a towel and duct tape.

Whatever the situation, you cannot make women responsible for how men react when they see boobs or women in revealing clothing. I know that I can see naked boobs without losing control of my urges or making the owner of said boobs feel like they are a piece of meat on display. Likewise, I know that if I see something I don't want to see, like a fat guy in a speedo, I can just look away. At the same time, as a guy who isn't comfortable taking his shirt off in his own back yard, I'm thinking "good for you, fat guy in the speedo."[/quote]

Um a basic bath towel would not cover her head to toe. And just because she turned 19 does not mean that she knows a lot about guys and what goes thru their heads. And absolutely my son would look out for her. He helped in raising her and knows the families morals and values. ( he would most likely grab her top and take her to put it back on)
And since you say that you know how to act around topless women, can you say that of every guy. ?

Oh and if I am sitting at an outdoor cafe and a troop of about 3-4 women come walking by topless it would be about face level.
I just think it is one step towards the decay of our society. My opinion.
Geckonidae
Fledgling

Post by Geckonidae »

Crying-Angel wrote:Um a basic bath towel would not cover her head to toe. And just because she turned 19 does not mean that she knows a lot about guys and what goes thru their heads. And absolutely my son would look out for her. He helped in raising her and knows the families morals and values. ( he would most likely grab her top and take her to put it back on)
And since you say that you know how to act around topless women, can you say that of every guy. ?

Oh and if I am sitting at an outdoor cafe and a troop of about 3-4 women come walking by topless it would be about face level.
I just think it is one step towards the decay of our society. My opinion.

So what exactly makes your son qualified to manhandle your daughter and make decisions on her behalf? Is it the fact that he's a whopping two years older or the fact that he has a penis?

Perhaps you should sit your adult children down and explain to them both that a woman is not responsible for whatever might go through a man's head when he sees a bit of exposed skin. The man is responsible for acting appropriately, and having a penis does not make him entitled to make decisions about what a woman can and cannot do with her body. Maybe you should have "the talk" with your daughter as well. You might be surprised to learn that she knows more than you realize.

I'm curious; what would you have to say on this topic: http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32156

Getting back on topic though, I think this exchange is evidence of what I spoke to in my first post on this subject. It's completely legal to be topless on any beach in BC, regardless of gender. Just be prepared to encounter some very backwards attitudes. Some people think exposed breasts will lead to the decay of society. Apparently we don't have any bigger problems on this planet than naked nipples.

If you happen to see some guy tackling a girl on the beach and duct taping a towel around her, please call the police.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

A century ago, this topic would have had the same response if it was about women wearing the bathing suits they wear now.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Return to “Central Okanagan”