Pro-Life Warning

delSol97
Board Meister

Re: Pro-Life Warning

Post by delSol97 »

Xia33 wrote:If I saw an old man carrying a sign saying "my son has no playmates" I would have to laugh....likely because his son is likely 40+ and if he doesn't have playmates his father likely scared them away with graphic pictures.

Heh, I've seen one to that effect. I go by there regularly.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I've never liked the idea that opinions have to be forced onto another. If I want the information, I'll arrange to get it for myself.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mb1000
Fledgling

Post by mb1000 »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 9th, 2014, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
It's easy to be pro-abortion when you're not the one being aborted.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Partmanpartfish wrote:Our abortion rates remain high because of these extremists. Who are the real baby killers?

delSol97 wrote::rolleyes:

"I think I'll have an abortion today because I saw an old man with a sign in front of KGH on Tuesday that said, "My son has no play-mates"."

See, now there's the problem right there.

You guys simply are not able to understand that by making it a political and a divisive issue, you destroy all chances of reducing the abortion rate as other smarter nations have.

The problem with the anti-choice movement is it is devoid of brains and common sense.
mb1000
Fledgling

Post by mb1000 »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 9th, 2014, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
It's easy to be pro-abortion when you're not the one being aborted.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A photo is still noticeable and has nothing to do with the pamphlets being delivered in Kelowna.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Oh no the liar's sign got kicked down! Your precious little signs wouldn't survive an encounter with me either.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

mb1000 wrote:Evidence of misinformation please. Don't make the claim unless you have evidence to back it up.

You may have a point on Oxl3y here, HOWEVER, producing unwanted or graphic images convinces no one of anything other than you're in the same boat as the likes of PETA who perform similar stunts to laughter of the world. You may even have the facts on your side, but that is immaterial to the conversation since studies show that going for shock value only polarizes opinions. The audience does not hear the message because stunts are done to shock people, and to shock someone speaks to their emotions, not their reasoning, and anyone who changes their mind through emotions will likely change it back again once their emotions quiet down again.

The other thing is, if you want to get a message across, you have to listen to critics. Without snark or scorn either. If they say they feel violated getting graphic pamphlets in the mail, they probably mean it.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Some people don't listen to anyone - just a lot of wasted paper and money going into the garbage that might have been of more benefit to young women who are pregnant and need help.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Glacier wrote:You may have a point on Oxl3y here, HOWEVER, producing unwanted or graphic images convinces no one of anything other than you're in the same boat as the likes of PETA who perform similar stunts to laughter of the world. You may even have the facts on your side, but that is immaterial to the conversation since studies show that going for shock value only polarizes opinions. The audience does not hear the message because stunts are done to shock people, and to shock someone speaks to their emotions, not their reasoning, and anyone who changes their mind through emotions will likely change it back again once their emotions quiet down again.

The other thing is, if you want to get a message across, you have to listen to critics. Without snark or scorn either. If they say they feel violated getting graphic pamphlets in the mail, they probably mean it.

Pro-lifers frequently use images of late term miscarriages on their signs as they are much more graphic than a typical abortion.

In Canada the latest you can get an abortion is up to 24 weeks but in reality you would be unlikely to find a doctor that would do it after 20. 90% of abortions happen before 13 weeks which is WELL below the viability threshold.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

mb1000 wrote:Abortionists.

Oh please. You anti-choicers don't give a crap about "babies". You only care about controlling women. That's too damn bad, we are NEVER going back to those days.

We will never again be forced into back alleys and basements. We have taken our right to access safe health care. You can not restrict abortions, you can only restrict safe abortions and that ship has sailed.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
RN 3

Post by RN 3 »

It appears that the most vocal "Pro-Lifers" live in a world of fear, bigotry, and disparagement...where women's rights and in fact, human rights, are interpreted as personal infringements...where there is no informed world view...where there is no interest in anything that resembles reasoned logic or social justice...where critical thinking has been purposefully suspended!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

We will never again be forced into back alleys and basements. We have taken our right to access safe health care. You can not restrict abortions, you can only restrict safe abortions and that ship has sailed.

I'd bet a hundred bucks against a pinch of mb poop that Alice Paul would agree with you jenny...

But since she's long gone we'll never know.. I'll also bet that's the reason these terrorists used her to propagate this crap.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I challenge these anti-freedom/choicers to travel to countries where abortion isnt legal.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Partmanpartfish wrote:One sad fact remains.

In the forty-odd years since Roe v. Wade when the anti-abortion movements in the US and Canada decided to make it a political cause that is abused to raise money and to elect conservative politicians (who promise laws they never deliver), the anti-choice fringers haven't saved a single fetus.

In fact, abortion rates in Canada and the US remain high, while the rates in smarter countries have declined drastically. The rate in Germany is now just 1/5th the US rate.

Some countries relied on education to reduce unwanted pregnancies. Over here, the nuts harassed clinic staff and women, and hurl 'pro-abortionist' and 'baby-killer' insults at all who disagree with their simplistic and extreme views. Compromise is never an option for these folks. Compromise is never an option for idiots.

Our abortion rates remain high because of these extremists. Who are the real baby killers?

Like I've said in other threads (what I hi-lighted in red).

This would be political suicide, so the 1 political Party that would even consider this will not.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”