Diner En Blanc 2014

LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Diner En Blanc 2014

Post by LANDM »

goalie wrote:It's because it sounds pretentious, just like the foodies who go to it:)

Naaaah, it's named for the reasons that someone else brought up....the French origins of it.
As for the foodies, everyone brings their own food unless they don't wish to and those folks can buy some premade stuff. Most bring their own. Drinking is heavily controlled...no outside drinks brought in....wine strictly controlled and you simply can't buy more than the one bottle per couple.
There is everything from the people in white wedding dresses and white tuxes to the group of reallllly young ladies from the same office that were in realllly skimpy clothing. They were directly across from me in my line of vision. The white hot pants were......hot.
It's just an interesting evening. Nothing more, nothing less. Not for everyone, but what is?
I haven't been to a "nightclub" for decades. It doesn't mean nobody else should though.
For those who don't wish to dress up in all white, haul your food, dishes, tables and chairs, and pay for that right, for one night per year, it's easy to say no to it. For those that do, just register online or get an existing attendee to invite you. It's not snobby or difficult. They just have to regulate the numbers so it is manageable for the organizers.
You and 71 others Like this post
matai
Banned

Re: Diner En Blanc 2014

Post by matai »

Diner en blanc victim of its success across BC: 35,000 declined attendance this year in Vancouver, holy smoke!

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/08/sold ... eeing-red/

Return to “Central Okanagan”