Idling in parking lot with dog in car, no driver

Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Idling in the Parking Lot with Dog in car, no driver

Post by Grandan »

dogspoiler wrote:Somebody is trying to do what's right for the dog.
The dog cannot drive the vehicle away.
If the dog is worth having no one will break into the car.
Life is so simple if you take time to figure it out.

So, if you saw an obviously well cared for dog panting in the heat under a shade tree waiting for his owner would you offer him (her) your air conditioned vehicle to wait in until the owner returned?
Waste not
snowtires

Re: Idling in parking lot with dog in car, no driver

Post by snowtires »

Not if "the dog is worth having" :)
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Idling in the Parking Lot with Dog in car, no driver

Post by Dizzy1 »

Symbonite wrote:Not gonna bicker back and forth...and how 30ish stamps in my passport...but I do know if I see a dog because its my biggest peeve about dogs in stores...i will notice right away

When you get stamp number 31 ... pay more attention.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

^^ OMG lol....I just spit my Ginger Ale onto my keyboard. lol
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Leave the dog at home....that is the best...

dont want to leave it in the house..then leave it outside...just dont take it with you....because there will be a lot of crazies out there ready to bust out your windows....even if your car is on with the ac on..

Edit to add..

Because you dont want to be the person to be inconsiderate to others in a store.. Especially ones that are allergic to dogs.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Symbonite wrote:Leave the dog at home....that is the best...

dont want to leave it in the house..then leave it outside...just dont take it with you....because there will be a lot of crazies out there ready to bust out your windows....even if your car is on with the ac on.

And have the neighbors call the dog control you're neglecting your dog? No thanks, dog owners simply can't win with all you nosey nellies running around making everyone else's business their problems.

Symbonite wrote:Because you dont want to be the person to be inconsiderate to others in a store.. Especially ones that are allergic to dogs.

You're right, its just easier to get everyone else to conform to everyone else's ailments. We have a family member who has severe ailments towards pet dander, we have 2 dogs and 3 cats. You think we're getting rid of our pets just to help them out or do you thing the other person comes prepared?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jul 23rd, 2014, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Hey......I had an aunt named Nellie!!! No, wait, that was a horse. Whooa now.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

And have the neighbors call the dog control you're neglecting your dog? No thanks, dog owners simply can't win with all you nosey nellies running around making everyone else's business their problems.

So, why is it when someone notices a child or dog in distress in a hot car and saves their life they are a hero?
You can't have it both ways. I'm sure the guy that left his 2 year old sleeping in the back seat when he went to work and forgot to drop him at daycare wishes some nosey nellie had noticed the child there and either smashed the window or called 911. Better to be charged for child neglect and have your car damaged than to loose a child.
Waste not
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Grandan wrote:So, why is it when someone notices a child or dog in distress in a hot car and saves their life they are a hero? You can't have it both ways. I'm sure the guy that left his 2 year old sleeping in the back seat when he went to work and forgot to drop him at daycare wishes some nosey nellie had noticed the child there and either smashed the window or called 911. Better to be charged for child neglect and have your car damaged than to loose a child.

How am I having it both ways exactly? My point was that no matter what you do with your pooch, the curtain snipers are out to get you and wagging their fingers at you for this and for that and Lord only knows what else for.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Its going to be hot tomorrow..leave your Dogs at home....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

nah my dogs go where I go find shade and lotsa water there happier in the back of truck than at home

Return to “Central Okanagan”