Center of Gravity

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Center of Gravity

Post by Omnitheo »

Gixxer wrote:Looks like the haters of COG may get their wish

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#119961

Guess they just need to move back to hosting it on a long weekend
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

and this is the reason why there was alot less police incidences because it was not on the long weekends....nope keep COG..but actually hold it a week earlier...give the grounds time to recoup for the public to use the grounds on the long weekend...if they cant make profit because of date...then rethink the festival.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Omnitheo wrote:
Guess they just need to move back to hosting it on a long weekend

but other people want to use the park that same weekend.

R.I.P COG you had a good run say hi to Kelowna Regatta, Thunder Fest, and Wake Fest in event heaven.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Gixxer wrote:
but other people want to use the park that same weekend.

Yeah, I keep forgetting that Kelowna shut down all the other parks and beaches
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Omnitheo wrote:Yeah, I keep forgetting that Kelowna shut down all the other parks and beaches

I know but for some reason people love to whine and complain about not being able to use city park.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Can you still use the water park during COG ?

I'm not truckin out to Ben Lee in this heat . I doubt anyone living close to town , with kids that need some watering would either ..

And why should they ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

MAPearce wrote:Can you still use the water park during COG ?

I'm not truckin out to Ben Lee in this heat . I doubt anyone living close to town , with kids that need some watering would either ..

And why should they ?

Waterpark was still open during COG, so was roughly half the beach and that overpriced inflatable bouncy course thing. All good chill. I think the festival is great and should get the long weekend!! there is still part of the park open and many others.

I don't go to COG but think it's a great event
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

That's good to hear some of the park was still open....

I'm not against festivals and stuff but I doubt I'd take my kids to the "Centre of Debauchery and booze and stuff" to cool off though.

Maybe a less family friendly place would make sense for the entire long weekend..

Parking lot at and including Prospera along with the Park at and including the Island stage would work better ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Well the island stage hosted Keloha, along with tugboat beach. Prospera lot is probably not the nicest spot but having it at island stage and Tugboat closes a smaller beach and keeps the big City Park fully open.

Worth considering.

And this is from a guy who lives close to tugboat beach so it is our main spot!
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

aw man I missed the yearly whinefest COG thread :(
Your bias suits you.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Woodenhead wrote:aw man I missed the yearly whinefest COG thread :(
no you didn't miss a thing just look up last years cry baby whinefest from people that probably don't even go to city park they just look for something to complain about
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

wanna bet if you look back its all the same idjits cryin and whining
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

LTD wrote:wanna bet if you look back its all the same idjits cryin and whining

Wow.... last few posts were actually just conversation neither for or against that booze fest. More like questions on how a "festival" might work for ALL those who not only attend it but those who must put up with it.

I'm not against fun , but to me , "fun" isn't getting so liquored and doped up that the city has to shut down a park where families play.. OR families don't want to go to see a puke show ..

There are no tears here. Just suggestions.

who's cryin ?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

start from page 1 then post a comment no cryin and whining really lol all I see is a whole lot of not in my city park
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

LTD wrote:start from page 1 then post a comment no cryin and whining really lol all I see is a whole lot of not in my city park

Well ... The wife is all for it ..

LOTS of OT at the hospital ! But why City park ? lots of other places that would work..

Return to “Central Okanagan”