Fortis rates too high?

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Fortis rates too high?

Post by Captain Awesome »

MAPearce wrote:They got em... Must come stock in those GMC HD 2500's

Cheapest GMC trucks come standard with CD players and A/C.

Not power windows though.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Back on topic!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Cheapest GMC trucks come standard with CD players and A/C.

Not power windows though.

They're not cheap trucks either ...

Must be why their rates are so high ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Glacier wrote:Hi stillkicking. You can quickly check your meter by following these simple steps.
1) Shut off your main breaker.
2) Check that your meter is reading 0.
3) If it is, shut off all your breakers, and turn on your main breaker.
4) Estimate what each breaker should be recording.

5) Turn one breaker on a time, and verify your estimate at the meter. If there is a problem, you will find one circuit is reading higher than it should (likely due to a ground fault).

Who would fix that? Is it strictly a Homeowner repair, or is it something the Service Provider would look after?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To kgcayenne ...

I think you will find that the company is responsible for everything up to both the gas and hydro meters. The home owners problem from there on.

To Stillkicking ...

Having lived in a Mobile Home at one time I would sure check to see what heating is being done under the trailer.

1. Heat tape on water line is almost a given.

2. If there is insulation inside of the skirting it is also possible that a small heater has been installed to keep the whole area under the trailer from freezing ... like houses with a crawl space. That is actually what I found when I ran across high hydro in a house that I previously lived in.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by no heaters in the trailer itself.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Do you have a power cord going to your trailer to somewhere else? Like a well pump?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

kgcayenne wrote:Who would fix that? Is it strictly a Homeowner repair, or is it something the Service Provider would look after?

A fault of this nature would fall on the homeowner's side of the meter, and thus it would be the homeowner's problem to fix.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I do not know what Fortis is like but BC Hydro used to be very obliging to perform heat loss tests on your home and the hydro efficiency of your various appliances.

If I was you I would simply pick up the phone and call Fortis and say "high hydro consumption is my problem". What can you do to help me identify why my hydro consumption is what it is? If Fortis does not offer to come out and check your system, phone BC Hydro since they are the supplier for Fortis, who are TMK only a service provider.

Fortis recently gave us a $100.00 rebate and had our old fridge removed by the company when we updated from what proved to be an old inefficient refrigerator to a new energy conservation model.

You are their customer and deserve to be shown why you are paying what you are paying. They are NOT doing you a favour. My guess is that it will only take one phone call.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To stillkicking ...

If you are not that familiar with electrical things getting a whole mess of information about what could be causing your hydro to be as high as it is can be quite daunting. Make you want to throw up your hands and say "I can't do this".

If all else fails please let me know if you phoned Fortis and what their response was.

Return to “Central Okanagan”