A better Kelowna

jzip

Re: A better Kelowna

Post by jzip »

Several kelowna neighbourhoods are a huge mess. I see so many carports used as outdoor storage spaces filled with junk or used as outdoor living spaces complete with stained sofas, pool tables and even pianos. In some neighbourhoods, including mine sadly, each house seems to have an average of five cars parked in front, three of which probably don't start. If I could do one thing it would be to get people to take some pride in their living areas and clean up!
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Build a bypass. Long overdue.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Iamsomeone wrote:Something like this?

Yes, something like this, but expand the thing all the way to the bridge and beyond, up to gyro if you can. And PLEASE, clean that lagoon, last time I went it was dirty, smelly and filthy.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

I would also demolish every single house on Knox Mountain, and I would reforest the areas where the houses were to put it back into its natural state.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Always Sunny wrote:In British Columbia the Municipal and Regional District Tax (MRDT) of up to 2% is charged in provincially approved municipalities by hotels, motels, cottages, inns, resorts and other roofed accommodations. This levy is used to fund local Destination Marketing Organizations. - See more at: http://www.travel-british-columbia.com/ ... omr81.dpuf

yes but reinvest it in the community instead.
ckirkey

Post by ckirkey »

brounal wrote:And thought a place where you could go and fish with your kids like a big fish farm/pond type of thing might be interesting to have as well.

This does exsist. The regional district stocks Hall Road Pond in Mission Creek Park and Shannon lake for "Go Fish" program, kid fishing in the spring and early summer.
neroas
Fledgling

Post by neroas »

Evey one says move if you don't like it, so gotta move to make it better, its good as is

Return to “Central Okanagan”