Diesel spill

KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: Diesel spill

Post by KL3-Something »

KL3-Something wrote:looks like a used oil receptacle to me, not a diesel tank.

Anonymous123 wrote:From the story:

The spill occurred about 9 a.m. Friday morning after a reserve tank for old diesel fuel overflowed, spilling its contents.

1) Have you not ever known a reporter to get some facts incorrect while getting a "Breaking" story?

2) Diesel fuel doesn't get "old".
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If they need somewhere to store old diesel fuel I will gladly offer my truck.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

KL3-Something wrote:looks like a used oil receptacle to me, not a diesel tank.

Anonymous123 wrote:From the story:

The spill occurred about 9 a.m. Friday morning after a reserve tank for old diesel fuel overflowed, spilling its contents.

KL3-Something wrote:1) Have you not ever known a reporter to get some facts incorrect while getting a "Breaking" story?

2) Diesel fuel doesn't get "old".

Yes, as a matter of fact reporters do get incorrct facts, as they did in the Mantler case,however, I read the story and thought that the " old " diesel is in fact contaminated diesel, gathered during vehicle maintenance. It happens.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

I think there is a far greater need for a used "oil" tank in which one may also put any contaminated diesel fuel that they may encounter during the course of their maintenance.

I guess we'll just wait for the media release.

Not sure which aspect of the "Mantler case" you are referring to....and really, I think you are just trying to aggravate me. It's not having your intended effect. :)
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

You can see it at corner of the building odd place to have diesel tank.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.8618247, ... a=!3m1!1e3
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Anonymous123 wrote:
Yes, as a matter of fact reporters do get incorrct facts, as they did in the Mantler case,however, I read the story and thought that the " old " diesel is in fact contaminated diesel, gathered during vehicle maintenance. It happens.

More likely, the tank contained used crankcase oil.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Rwede wrote:What's it to you? Why do you care what I think?

If it helps satisfy your morbid curiosity, though, I am saddened by any damage to the environment and hope that the lessons we learn help prevent it from happening again.

Settle down, son. I really don't care what you think about the Kalamazoo and Gulf oil spills. The point is accidents happen in both the private and public sectors. You seemed to be using this act of vandalism or accident as the basis for an attack on the RDCO. That is all.

We all hope this is a minor spill that was contained.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

ixler8 wrote:Where the Communication and Intergovernmental Affair Office of RDCO when you need em ?

I agree!

Bruce Smith (BS, for short) should be writing out a press release to make sure the public doesn't hear BS (BS, as in that used for fertilizer) from the media.

Man, all this BS is confusing!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

If the public only knew what was being "spilled" in the environment. No one cares about what is being spewed out tailpipes. The gasoline just disappears right?
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

...now that the initial RDCO bashing has receded somewhat, take a second to re-read the news article, as it clearly indicates this wasn't the fault of an RDCO employee, but an act of vandalism after hours...
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

"Smith says all they can do is move on as it is in the hands of the RCMP."

Ha, Smith how about maybe secure the location so it don't happen again ? Maybe a lock and key ? or a fence ? just leaving it in the hands of the rcmp , good solution .
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

ixler8 wrote:"Smith says all they can do is move on as it is in the hands of the RCMP."

Ha, Smith how about maybe secure the location so it don't happen again ? Maybe a lock and key ? or a fence ? just leaving it in the hands of the rcmp , good solution .

Smith is speaking about the investigation, not about the security of the location. In fact, there was no mention as to what steps will be made in regards to future security in the article.

The point you are trying to make is rather silly considering the context of the article.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

ixler8 wrote:"Smith says all they can do is move on as it is in the hands of the RCMP."

Knowing how the bloated and over-funded RDCO bureaucracy works, I expect a committee to be struck of bureaucrats and outside security consultants to travel to Milwaukee to meet with senior officials of Master Lock at the company's headquarters. The right lock must be chosen for the tank's lid, and this is the only way to make sure that happens.

The Milwaukee Brewers are only 1.5 games out of a playoff spot, so the timing on this is critical if the trip is to be deemed a success.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Central Okanagan”