Aptitude Tests

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Aptitude Tests

Post by Oxl3y »

the truth wrote:ya but you still need the guy that can dig for 12hrs to get the job done, not the guy that tested well on the test but will walk off the job after an houur because its too hard

I'll take both thanks a guy that can work well as well as know which end of the shovel goes where. Fortunately the test weeds one of those issues out.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

the truth wrote:SCORING WELL on a peice of paper does not not tell you what kind of worker you might be getting,to many over educated people out there afraid to get there hands dirty

I hate educated people too. That education enables them to complete their resume without too many grammatical errors so that it doesn't look like a piece of crap.
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

Then what good is an online test that makes you check off if you are loyal, prompt, amiable etc . The ones I've taken ask you to pick out words to describe yourself. You can do that in an interview. And again you can BS the test.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

the truth wrote:really these test mean jack sh,t,too many overeducated people who do not know how to get there hands dirty thats the problem

There is something to be said for "overeducated". Grammatically speaking, of course.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

Hey, I'm serious, nannaloveskids1964. If you don't find out if you fit into anyone's 'faction,' you could end up homeless. Please take the test.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I fit into more than one.
I don't like tests but I can see the value in weeding out those not interested in doing what the company has asked.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

the truth wrote:SCORING WELL on a peice of paper does not not tell you what kind of worker you might be getting,to many over educated people out there afraid to get there hands dirty

Thank-you for applying for the position of copy editor,we'll let you know.Not.
sherashera
Fledgling

Post by sherashera »

@WTTG - LOL, you're joking right? Have you seen some of these ding dong employers in Kelowna? Talk about aptitude tests, yikes!!!
My word, doesn't the year fly by? One minute its Come All Yea Faithful, the next your flat on your back in the sand. Its hard to tell which one enjoys the most.
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

sherashera wrote:@WTTG - LOL, you're joking right? Have you seen some of these ding dong employers in Kelowna? Talk about aptitude tests, yikes!!!

Duh! I ended up starting my own biz and stole a bunch of their biz. Found out I have the 'aptitude' to clean anybody's toilet with no-overhead for dumb tests and at cash rates. Pretty soon I had people answering my tear off poster ads who were looking for jobs too.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Job seekers should be giving employers, a short survey..
Things like.....
Do you have a lot of employee turnover.
Do you have a lot of nepotism in the company.
Have you had any wrongful dismissal claims in the last two years.
Do you routinely throw new hires under the bus.
Do foremen or lead hands ever take credit for other employees ideas.

Things like that..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

The last aptitude test an employer asked me to complete was twelve years ago; I am still with that company.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

southernfrau wrote:Then what good is an online test that makes you check off if you are loyal, prompt, amiable etc . The ones I've taken ask you to pick out words to describe yourself. You can do that in an interview. And again you can BS the test.

Yeah, but that's not what an aptitude test is.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

the truth wrote:really these test mean jack sh,t,too many overeducated people who do not know how to get there hands dirty thats the problem

And you wonder about the need for foreign workers??
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Social Concerns”