Parking Bylaws

monroe
Übergod

Re: Parking Bylaws

Post by monroe »

fall wrote:Could it have been '' officer " Rogers? Sounds like him!

Sounds like an officer "Richard" to me.

These guys may be savvy regarding bi-law but most of them lack any skills beyond what a security guard may have.

Bi-law are the bottom feeders of law enforcement and because of what most of these guys deal with on a daily basis, they walk around with a chip on their shoulder.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

On one side I understand the OP, there are some bylaw officers out there who need a serious attitude adjustment, and not just them but a myriad of other people in an "authority" position and by laws can very greatly from city to city to city. Heck, I don't even know half the bylaws where I live. Signage can help clear up a lot of confusion.

On the other side, I feel for bylaw officers at times - the crap they have to deal with sometimes would make the most patient person go ballistic. I've never understood why some people who knowingly broken a law such as parking right beside a no parking sign feel the need to take their frustration of being caught on the person who's just doing their job
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I wonder how many times they've been lied to by people claiming to be grieving, etc when they simply just wanted free parking.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

kgcayenne wrote:I wonder how many times they've been lied to by people claiming to be grieving, etc when they simply just wanted free parking.

People don't necessarily want free parking they want to be able to park without having to move after 2 hours. How about the damn city plans out their parking for the hospital properly instead?
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

So your point is that ignorance of the law is an acceptable excuse? If that is your position, I disagree with you.

I must say I disagree with your stance as a "rule follower" you clearly tried to skirt the spirit of the law when you thought you had lived up to only the letter of the law, when you found out YOU where mistaken, you responded with anger.

I am sorry about your loss, but it sounds like you deserved the ticket.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kgcayenne wrote:I wonder how many times they've been lied to by people claiming to be grieving, etc when they simply just wanted free parking.
Oxl3y wrote:
People don't necessarily want free parking they want to be able to park without having to move after 2 hours. How about the damn city plans out their parking for the hospital properly instead?

Apparently for free parking you must move your car every 2 hours to a different street.

If you don't want to have to move then go use paid parking.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Oxl3y wrote:People don't necessarily want free parking they want to be able to park without having to move after 2 hours. How about the damn city plans out their parking for the hospital properly instead?

I doubt there is a community of this size and demographic out there that does NOT have a parking issue.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

All hospital parking should be free. We shouldn't be profiting from people's suffering or making them deal with moving their car while they are focusing on loved ones. It's ridiculous.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

OP this is a problem at pretty well every hospital across Canada, both with onsite parking & street parking. Either dealing with bylaw officer (not all are *bleep* holes, many are) or private parking companies these guys tend to be mostly be *bleep* holes.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mother, as well your experiences with bylaw officers.
Last edited by GordonH on Oct 9th, 2014, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

jennylives wrote:All hospital parking should be free. We shouldn't be profiting from people's suffering or making them deal with moving their car while they are focusing on loved ones. It's ridiculous.

If parking was free there would be no parking. When scarcity is an issue, free creates more problems then it solves.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

jennylives wrote:All hospital parking should be free. We shouldn't be profiting from people's suffering or making them deal with moving their car while they are focusing on loved ones. It's ridiculous.

That would be ideal, wouldn't it; however, realistic, it is not.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What's wrong with the parkade?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Hassel99 wrote:If parking was free there would be no parking. When scarcity is an issue, free creates more problems then it solves.

Hand out tickets to put in your window at the hospital. Problem solved.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:What's wrong with the parkade?

Usually full, made to small for the facility.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/ ... _fees.html
Agree with the sentiment but really doesn't matter about fees if one can't find a spot.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”