Bicycle Incident on Saturday (Hwy 33)

hype14
Fledgling

Bicycle Incident on Saturday (Hwy 33)

Post by hype14 »

My husband, son, daughter, and I would really like to say a huge THANK YOU to the individuals who helped our son on Saturday.

He had been riding his bicycle down Highway 33 to go to McDonalds for lunch when his bicycle broke and he lost control.

As a result, he landed on the highway and took a rather long tumble with his head impacting the pavement.

We would like to say THANK YOU to the following individuals for coming to his aid:
- The gentleman driving the semi who stopped, put his hazards on, and helped our son off of the highway.(*We are positive that he likely would have been hit and likely killed if this individual especially had not stopped to help him off of the highway)
- The gentleman riding the bicycle who stopped and offered assistance, even calling 911 for us.
- The gentleman who brought his first aid kit over, administered first aid, and wrapped our son's head until the ambulance arrived.
- The firemen and paramedics who attended our son at the scene.

Unfortunately, we did not have any of your names but we truly THANK YOU for going above and beyond to help our son as best you could and we sincerely appreciate all that you did.

As a result of your efforts and kindness, our son will be fine although he did receive a number of scratches, bruises, a concussion, and several stitches above his eye. Again, thank you so very much :)
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Bicycle Incident on Saturday (Hwy 33)

Post by Donald G »

Every time I read something like your note of appreciation it makes me glad to be a Canadian. In spite of all of the doom and gloom one reads about and hears about so often it reassures me that beneath that questionable exterior there is a solid frame holding society together. Thank you for that.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree,10/10
glad your son will be ok
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

toughbeans wrote:My husband, son, daughter, and I would really like to say a huge THANK YOU to the individuals who helped our son on Saturday.

He had been riding his bicycle down Highway 33 to go to McDonalds for lunch when his bicycle broke and he lost control.

As a result, he landed on the highway and took a rather long tumble with his head impacting the pavement.

We would like to say THANK YOU to the following individuals for coming to his aid:
- The gentleman driving the semi who stopped, put his hazards on, and helped our son off of the highway.(*We are positive that he likely would have been hit and likely killed if this individual especially had not stopped to help him off of the highway)
- The gentleman riding the bicycle who stopped and offered assistance, even calling 911 for us.
- The gentleman who brought his first aid kit over, administered first aid, and wrapped our son's head until the ambulance arrived.
- The firemen and paramedics who attended our son at the scene.

Unfortunately, we did not have any of your names but we truly THANK YOU for going above and beyond to help our son as best you could and we sincerely appreciate all that you did.

As a result of your efforts and kindness, our son will be fine although he did receive a number of scratches, bruises, a concussion, and several stitches above his eye. Again, thank you so very much :)

I am very glad your son is okay! Was he wearing a helmet?
I haven't failed until I quit.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I am very glad your son is okay! Was he wearing a helmet?

Concussion means likely no but he is OK so what does it matter?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

You can get a concussion wearing a helmet, so it very well might have saved his life. Perhaps that is why it matters?!?! Promoting the use of helmets and preventing brain injury or death.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

whatever ever the situation the poster simply posted a "thank you". the lectures are not needed.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Return to “Central Okanagan”