UBCO- Glenmore connector, finally!

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: UBCO- Glenmore connector, finally!

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Majority of homeowners on Curtis Rd disagree & courts agreed with them.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
spooker

Post by spooker »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Majority of homeowners on Curtis Rd disagree & courts agreed with them.

Yes, they got bad advice and that was the outcome ...
Phife

Post by Phife »

Last edited by Phife on Jun 14th, 2023, 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Academy way is all paved and open get pedaling oh its uphill well that's a shame you want it downhill in both directions now, to dangerous when icy then you should'nt be riding you're a hazard take the bus. Curtis road is done it was being used illegally until a judge granted temporary access now that's been revoked and there's nobody to blame but the university for not following the conditions put forth by the judge time to get over it and use one of the alternate routes.
spooker

Post by spooker »

LTD wrote:Academy way is all paved and open get pedaling oh its uphill well that's a shame you want it downhill in both directions now, to dangerous when icy then you should'nt be riding you're a hazard take the bus. Curtis road is done it was being used illegally until a judge granted temporary access now that's been revoked and there's nobody to blame but the university for not following the conditions put forth by the judge time to get over it and use one of the alternate routes.

I've got an extra bike, want to come and ride Academy Way with me to see what the grade is like? And the transit route to UBCO is maxed out during good weather, what do you think is going to happen when it gets colder?

Curtis Rd is a dead issue ... now the issue is what can happen next to keep students cycling and not clogging up the other alternatives ...

One of the great things about Kelowna for cyclists is that it doesn't have a lot of hills and that makes cycling very accessible for everyone, not just the Lance Amstrongs ...

btw ... the correct spellings are "pedalling" and "shouldn't"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

well pardon me didn't know there was going to be a test academy way is more than doable get over it, no hills in Kelowna really lol, and by the way btw isn't a word and maybe you should look up peddle pedal pedaling in the dictionary
Last edited by LTD on Oct 19th, 2016, 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

by the way if transit is maxed out shouldn't you be taking your concerns there
spooker

Post by spooker »

LTD wrote:by the way if transit is maxed out shouldn't you be taking your concerns there

The issue with transit has been taken up there ... but just like every other resource in the city it is finite and they can't pull another bus out of the ether ... part of the benefit of cycling is that it spreads the effort across multiple individuals whereas a bus or carpooling requires more concentrated effort that has to come from a single resource

Ok, we use different dictionaries ... and I got nicely confused when you threw "peddle" into the mix, touché!
baldmofo

Post by baldmofo »

How is using a road that is an acre from someone's home the same as someone being on my property? The issue for me as a cyclist is that the residents are not any more
Inconvenienced than if someone was to ride their bike on the road in front of my house. That's why we commuters refuse to obey this unjust ruling. Are my actions hurting anyone or preventing them from enjoying their property? Then why should our freedoms be limited?
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

baldmofo wrote:How is using a road that is an acre from someone's home the same as someone being on my property? The issue for me as a cyclist is that the residents are not any more
Inconvenienced than if someone was to ride their bike on the road in front of my house. That's why we commuters refuse to obey this unjust ruling. Are my actions hurting anyone or preventing them from enjoying their property? Then why should our freedoms be limited?

bingo! well said

this issue doesn't affect me personally anymore but when I worked at KF I took that road on my bike daily everyday of the year.

keep on riding!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

baldmofo wrote:How is using a road that is an acre from someone's home the same as someone being on my property? The issue for me as a cyclist is that the residents are not any more

1 huge difference between city road that runs in front of your home is public property, Curtis Rd is not part of CoK road system it's private property.

As mentioned this is no longer an issue, Curtis Rd is totally off the table.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A: It's their property and they don't want you on it.
B: Are you positive they are never inconvenienced or prevented from enjoying "their" property?
C: So because you don't agree you just go ahead and break the law...nice attitude...Keep it up you'll go far continuing to do as you please.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
baldmofo

Post by baldmofo »

Morals dont come from authority, they come from rational thought and reflection. By riding my bike on a road, i am not impeding anyone's access to the road. No damage to it either. Should i fall and be injured, you can bet the farm i won't be blaming anyone but myself. I've yet to read one good rational reason why cyclists shouldn't use the road other than 'because it's the law'. We have a duty to protest unjust laws and unreasonable restrictions on our liberties.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

baldmofo wrote:Morals dont come from authority, they come from rational thought and reflection. By riding my bike on a road, i am not impeding anyone's access to the road. No damage to it either. Should i fall and be injured, you can bet the farm i won't be blaming anyone but myself. I've yet to read one good rational reason why cyclists shouldn't use the road other than 'because it's the law'. We have a duty to protest unjust laws and unreasonable restrictions on our liberties.

well said again.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

baldmofo wrote:Morals dont come from authority, they come from rational thought and reflection. By riding my bike on a road, i am not impeding anyone's access to the road. No damage to it either. Should i fall and be injured, you can bet the farm i won't be blaming anyone but myself. I've yet to read one good rational reason why cyclists shouldn't use the road other than 'because it's the law'. We have a duty to protest unjust laws and unreasonable restrictions on our liberties.

I would hardly call it an unjust law or an unreasonable restriction its PRIVATE PROPERTY get that through your head your trespassing.Do you really expect the owners to take your word for it that you wont sue if you get hurt I'm willing to bet your attitude would change if you hit a pothole fell down and ended up paralysed. The one and only good reason you need not to use that road is that its private end of story grow up.

Return to “Central Okanagan”