UBCO- Glenmore connector, finally!

Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: UBCO- Glenmore connector, finally!

Post by Grandan »

Here is a progress report for John Hindle Drive. The topsoil is being stripped and stockpiled. Can anyone see Robert Lake in the Photo?
Attachments
P1110925_cr.jpg
Waste not
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Grandan wrote:I was at the Dump yesterday and noticed that there were 2 large excavators stripping soil from the John Hindle Drive road alignment. It was also apparent that trucks were transporting the stripped earth to a stockpile. There were also numerous white PU trucks parked along the roadway. This to me has all the appearances of the start of construction of JHD.
Where is the grand announcement, the fanfare, the bugles the large white cake and balloons?
This is a big deal! The biggest deal since the Glenmore Bypass. No announcement? Too bad, a missed opportunity.

a big deal? missed opportunity lol no it really isn't
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If I am south of Cross or closer to Cross, and I want to get to 97 I will still take Cross & Longhill. Since I rarely ever go near the dump area, I most likely will never use JHD.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Good luck heading from Sexsmith to Cross at 4 pm , weekdays..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Good luck heading from Sexsmith to Cross at 4 pm , weekdays..

Thats why going from 97 to Glenmore, I take Sexsmith & Valley Rd.

Added later: Grandan I don't drive big truck & I do drive according to posted speeds.... even though some behind me tend to be PO'ed (to bad so sad)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

I'm still wondering why this is being called "John Hindle Drive" , since it passes through the former Tutt Ranch which existed there for nearly one hundred years.

John Hindle's claims to fame here were with the Eldorado Hotel and involvement with the old boys network projects nowhere near the Glenmore boonies except, perhaps, for playing golf and tennis at the KG&CC.

Why is there not a similar honorific, or even a mention, of the Tutt family contribution to the lands now being historically revisioned??
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Terris wrote:I'm still wondering why this is being called "John Hindle Drive" , since it passes through the former Tutt Ranch which existed there for nearly one hundred years.

John Hindle's claims to fame here were with the Eldorado Hotel and involvement with the old boys network projects nowhere near the Glenmore boonies except, perhaps, for playing golf and tennis at the KG&CC.

Why is there not a similar honorific, or even a mention, of the Tutt family contribution to the lands now being historically revisioned??

Maybe a switch should happen... Tutt st off KLO (near Pandosy) be switched with this John Hindle Dr.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Terris wrote:I'm still wondering why this is being called "John Hindle Drive" , since it passes through the former Tutt Ranch which existed there for nearly one hundred years.

Too many people would get confused with the existing "Tutt St." and think they could get to the airport just off KLO
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ I believe Kelowna has 3 DeHart, in 3 different area's from each other.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

GordonH wrote: Maybe a switch should happen... Tutt st off KLO (near Pandosy) be switched with this John Hindle Dr.

:up:

Hindle was a Mission area resident and the short length of Tutt street would be a better reflection of John Hindle's contributions to this town.

It would definitely be more appropriate, accurate and historically relevant to rename a Mission area street, bridge or road etc. after him...
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Looking at the vertical alignment of John Hindle Drive on a recent drive to the dump, I was struck by the appearance that John Hindle Drive as it cuts through a small knoll is lower than the nearby Robert Lake. It occurred to me that there was purpose in doing that so that Robert Lake would never rise again and flood. Anyone have any particulars on this?
Waste not

Return to “Central Okanagan”