Smart meters coming to Joe Rich and Rutland

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Smart meters coming to Joe Rich and Rutland

Post by Omnitheo »

Joe Public wrote:
Hard to imagine that a utility company would spend $1b if they didn't know that they would get it back, but you may be right; the utility company may intend to decrease our bills out of the goodness of their heart.

Not requiring meter readers will save the company money. The meters would have needed to be replaced at some point anyways, and it would be foolish to keep installing old ones on new houses. It's the same thing with any utilities. Shaw and Telus upgrade their systems all the time.

Also as for bills increasingly what does fortis need smart meters for that? They've never had a problem increasing bills before smart meters were invented, what makes these so special? Do you think Ontario or Saskatchewan never had a single rate increase with analogue meters? Do you think of bc remained on analogue meters that our price would remain the same forever? Get real.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-146183-10-.htm#146183

I had sent FortisBC several indications of my decision to keep my existing analog meter, starting with a registered letter back in May, 2012, and I've had several phone conversations in the recent past with them where I've said I do not want a replacement meter at my house.

It is now past 10pm August 16, 2015 and I've been without power at my house for 4-1/2 days. That's right, FortisBC has disconnected power at the pole in the lane behind the house solely for the reason that I would not voluntarily accept a Smart Meter, one either with the transmitter on or off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there any update to this poor, powerless soul stuck in freeman land??

Has anyone at Castanet done a followup story that I may have missed, with more info on his welfare??
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I don't think anyone can contact him. Guy nearly had a heart attack when someone knocked on his door. If his phone rang he'd probably drop dead of fright
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news/ ... 69148.6239 (subscription)

Basically a renter who doesn't want a smart meter, but the landlord requires the place to be heated, so its either meter, get an insert for the fireplace so he can go off-grid (insurance implications apparently), or move.

3/25 (or 3/hundreds) accounted for.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

Omnitheo wrote:Not requiring meter readers will save the company money. The meters would have needed to be replaced at some point anyways, and it would be foolish to keep installing old ones on new houses. It's the same thing with any utilities. Shaw and Telus upgrade their systems all the time.

Also as for bills increasingly what does fortis need smart meters for that? They've never had a problem increasing bills before smart meters were invented, what makes these so special? Do you think Ontario or Saskatchewan never had a single rate increase with analogue meters? Do you think of bc remained on analogue meters that our price would remain the same forever? Get real.

Pretty simplistic and ineffectual arguments. Eliminating meter readers will never repay the price of a wholesale change-out of meters. Neither will theft reduction. Analog meters, can and have lasted 40 to 50 years, so again, stating that they had to be changed out regardless is moot. Yes, the utility companies can and have raised the rates in the past, but those increases have to be approved and are generally in the nature of 3% to 5%. Reports of increases due to TOD billing have been in the 20% to 100% range, and as it is entirely the fault of the consumer, there is no BCUC commission approval required.

The facts remains that the change-out to smart meters is profit motivated by the Utility and serves no benefit to the consumer, who will pay more.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Its really simple then.

1. Total cost of meters for Fortis
2. Number of former meter readers at Fortis
3. Evidence of analog meter life being 40-50 years (hint: they have to be re certified every 6-12 years per measurements Canada, so factor that cost as well)
4. Evidence of 20-100% increase that is not the result of estimates or slow reading meters (also part of #3 accurate life over 50 years). Note your previous articles stated they were due to estimates.
5. Your estimate to actual theft reduction savings.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

http://www.lakecountrycalendar.com/opin ... 70421.html

4/25 (or 4/hundreds) accounted for, assuming lake country counts in the 25.

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Oh man, the loons commenting on that story...
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

If there are hundreds who have been forced to take meters, they seem to be very quiet.

Even sanfish seems embarrassed to report his meter status.

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Sep 3rd, 2015, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: absolutely inappropriate
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

sanfish wrote:I don't have a problem with them. I still have my anologue meter

Sanfish:
Many of us would be very interested to hear if you still have you analogue meter in place??

Looking at your profile we all know you have logged into Castanet - so you still have power or at least a cell or tablet you use at a local Tim Horton's (maybe) or possibly a local library??

I am curious to find out how and when the meter change happened......
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Strange there hasn't been news in a month about those having their power cut considering there are HUNDREDS (minus 4) who bought letters.

Of interest, the safe meters scam page has an easy-pay page now. Only $45 for the first round of meaningless letters as a 2-day subscription!

Lets see... $45 x 3 rounds is $135. Guess it wasn't profitable enough. Or perhaps they need more money for refund demands.

Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

LordEd wrote:http://www.lakecountrycalendar.com/opinion/letters/320970421.html

4/25 (or 4/hundreds) accounted for, assuming lake country counts in the 25.

I believe Lake Country is served by BC Hydro, not Fortis.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Ok, HUNDREDS - 3.

Edit: except the letter says they're from kelowna, so might still be - 4.

NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

LordEd wrote:Strange there hasn't been news in a month about those having their power cut considering there are HUNDREDS (minus 4) who bought letters.

Of interest, the safe meters scam page has an easy-pay page now. Only $45 for the first round of meaningless letters as a 2-day subscription!

Lets see... $45 x 3 rounds is $135. Guess it wasn't profitable enough. Or perhaps they need more money for refund demands.

When looking at the Castanet profile for the main person screaming about meters, you can see they have last logged on the board Oct 03/15.

With all the comments that person has made about having and analogue meter and how the meter on their home never going to be changed out one has to wonder on the current status of their world.

I would have to hazard a personal guess that the meter has been changed out.
Possibly - money wasted on the "letters" and they are now hiding in a corner afraid to admit that there is nothing wrong with the new meters and life just carries on.....

An "admission of guilt" from them would help clear the air on this "hot topic". (IMO)

Return to “Central Okanagan”