Smart meters coming to Joe Rich and Rutland

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Smart meters coming to Joe Rich and Rutland

Post by oneh2obabe »

LordEd & sanfish - take it to PM and quit derailing the thread.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 12th, 2015, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Smart meters

Post by waynetyea »

i was just looking at my electrical smart meter yesterday as i happened to be beside it and i watched it for a min. and i was suprised to see that mine was in level 3.!!!!!!!!. and we thought that there was just 2 levels i wonder if i watch it all the time if there is even a level 4,5,6+? can someone please tell me what i have there and why all the levels higher than they say there are... i believe they are putting the screws to us all and keeping this covered up. sincerley a working stiff who can no longer pay these reduculous rates. ps i see that the meters are all made in the usa. well isnt that nice for them. can we not build them here? a concerned canadian
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Smart meters

Post by Hmmm »

i could care less where they are built. Its a global economy. On another note, will smart meters allow us to monitor them ourselves via an app or website? Anybody know?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

there are a lot of threads with this topic. I'll lock this and we can merge it with others.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Hmmm wrote:i could care less where they are built. Its a global economy. On another note, will smart meters allow us to monitor them ourselves via an app or website? Anybody know?

I am on BC Hydro and got the Rainforest monitor that they offer a number of months back.
I can monitor my usage from my PC and my tablet and smartphone.
Have read rumours that Fortis is going to offer the same at some point, but do not know when.

With this you can get live updates of your usage and charges in a 7 second update window.
With a bit of practice you can find out what every appliance is costing to run and what your daily usage is costing you.
It is a fun sort of thing, and can help you track down the energy hog appliances in you home.

You will have a hard time paying back the cost of the interface depending on what you find and cut your energy usage by.
I had to lay our I think $75 to get it.
I do know that it has confirmed my suspicions that the electric hot water tank costs me more to run than gas ever did up north.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#144983

Utility spokesman David Wylie said a few customers in Trail and a few more in Kelowna had their power cut off after ignoring repeated requests to choose either a Standard Advance Meter or an advance meter with the wireless signal disabled
Still have your analog meter and power service fish?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

A handful of FortisBC customers have chosen to be without power after refusing to select the type of smart meter they wish installed at their home.

Utility spokesman David Wylie said a few customers in Trail and a few more in Kelowna had their power cut off after ignoring repeated requests to choose either a Standard Advance Meter or an advance meter with the wireless signal disabled.

"They are customers we have been working with for more than six months to try and address their concerns regarding having their electricity meter exchanged," said Wylie.

"Despite our on-going attempts we have had to disconnect a few who have continually refused to make that selection."

Wylie said several customers have contacted Fortis and made a decision once push came to shove and power was cut off.

"We did have a few customers who were disconnected after they continued to refuse the meter exchange or weren't home at the time of our last visit. The majority of customers in those cases have since called us to have their meter exchanged and their power restored."

The cost of reconnection will run the customer between $100 and $339.

"It's important for customers who haven't made a decision to contact us at 1-866-436-7847."

Wylie said more than 100,000 customers have already switched over to the new meters. The switch is substantially complete in Kelowna, the South Okanagan, Boundary, Similkameen and Trail areas.

Parts of the Kootenays still have to be completed.

Wylie added the upgrade is for all customers. There is no option to keep the old meters.

That was a decision approved by the BC Utilities Commission. Customers who have concerns about the wireless connection can choose the radio off meter.

"We want to remind our customers that obstructing an electricity meter with any device that is intended to prevent access or sending us a letter indicating you don't want an advance meter isn't going to prevent having to make a choice about which type of meter you select," said Wylie.

"We recognize some of the actions taken by our customers are costing them money and we want to be clear that we've met all of our legal and regulatory requirements."

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/144983/Without-power-by-choice

Oh fishy, where are you?
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

LordEd wrote:Still have your analog meter and power service fish?

lol... you beat me to it!
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

"We did have a few customers who were disconnected after they continued to refuse the meter exchange or weren't home at the time of our last visit. The majority of customers in those cases have since called us to have their meter exchanged and their power restored."

The cost of reconnection will run the customer between $100 and $339
So $120 for meaningless letters, $30(?) for a meter lock, and at least another $100 to get your power back when those meaningless gestures do nothing.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Wonder if any of the disconnected using the safe meters notice of liability will try their 'fee schedule' and waste even more money.

This is where they'll find out they were scammed.

kelowna4-15

Post by kelowna4-15 »

Fish is plugging in his little solar panel or pedaling his generator bike since his power got cut off!! As soon as he figures it out im sure he will reply.
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

waynetyea wrote:i was just looking at my electrical smart meter yesterday as i happened to be beside it and i watched it for a min. and i was suprised to see that mine was in level 3.!!!!!!!!. and we thought that there was just 2 levels i wonder if i watch it all the time if there is even a level 4,5,6+? can someone please tell me what i have there and why all the levels higher than they say there are... i believe they are putting the screws to us all and keeping this covered up. sincerley a working stiff who can no longer pay these reduculous rates. ps i see that the meters are all made in the usa. well isnt that nice for them. can we not build them here? a concerned canadian

Remember that the real reason for smart meters is to implement Time of Day operation. That's the rationale for the multi-billion dollar cost of installing new meters and that's what they are designed to do, so it's not surprising that you observe them doing what they are designed to do, but just covering it up for the time being until all the meters have been installed.

Can you imagine the fight that they would have if they admitted that all of this was just to increase their profits through TOD billing? Much easier to lead sheep....
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Joe Public wrote:Much easier to lead sheep....
Yes. That's why so many bought into the registered letter scam and tinfoil hat wireless signal fearmongering.

Sheep love the conspiracies. Ever notice those who believe one conspiracy often buy into others without thinking as well? You can almost guarantee that the dedicated anti-smart meter crew also believes in at least one of: anti-GMO, pro-pot, anti-vaccines, 9/11 was fake, or chemtrails.

jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

TOD billing has ALWAYS been in their minds. Just because they didn't come out and tell you this, but fed you other lines like, "you can see your usage with your smartphone", which in this day and age says " WOW!! I gotta get me this new smart meter so I can look at my smartphone while I'm at a dinner party and tell everybody how important I am"! All the while, totally oblivious to the fact they are going to do TOD billing, and someone on here was right....not right now, but later, when we all have these things hooked up, and your *bleep* is up against the wall.
Please feel free to correct me when the time comes, but, frankly, I don't think that's gonna happen!

Return to “Central Okanagan”