No left turn onto Truswell from Lakeshore.

megaminders

No left turn onto Truswell from Lakeshore.

Post by megaminders »

So the new bridge opened today on lake shore drive which is great. After almost half a year of detours, piledriving, and construction. I live on truswell and was so excited today when I saw it was open. My only question is who do we truswellians talk to in order to get a left turn onto our street? How stupid. If you're driving south there is a left turn lane into the creekside pub. That's right a pub seems to be more important to the city then a street with many tax paying citizens living on it. Long story short my excitement about the new bridge was very short-lived when I had to drive all the way into the hotel Eldorado parking lot to turn around to access my street. Thanks city of kelowna. Great planning..end of rant :)
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: No left turn onto truswell from lakeshore.

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Sorry but though I understand the frustration, the fact of the matter is many roads are being reworked and in the process many left turns are being eliminated.

The new improvements on KLO come to mind, though I've seen it many other places as well including out in Lake Country.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
smartshopper

Post by smartshopper »

I assume it's a safety issue - as the bridge is much higher it's probably riskier now to have cars turning left while you're still on the bridge. This should speed up traffic and make it safer for all of us.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

hope you send an email or phone call to our new mayor and council and let them know your frustration. I am sure they would want to help you out or at least listen to your POV....

{/end sarcasm]

;)
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

Yes it looks like an inconvenience for Those in Vehicles heading south, who wish to turn left at Truswell.. um maybe plan to turn left at Cook and enter your complex from the North side ? BTW, I have been walking 3/4 mile to the bus stop, twice a day, during the Lakeshore detour. Sure looks like an inconvenience for you sitting in your vehicle :-(
Attachments
000Lakeshore_TruswellA.jpg
One can always reason with reason.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

...I would have to agree - the omission of a left hand turn for North-bound traffic seems like a bit of an oversight...btw AndyS - you're looking at the intended turn from the wrong direction...regardless, the median does appear to be constructed in a manner that a turn lane could be incorporated - to match the turn lane opposite for accessing the residential development at the North side of Mission Creek...coincidently - there is no through traffic from the east side on Truswell across Lakeshore to the west side of Truswell...unfortunately, this has been on the books for some time - and was never noticed previously...doesn't mean you can't encourage your fellow Trusswellians to begin contacting the city with your disappointment and request it be changed - seems silly not to have it...

Truswell.jpg

http://www.kelowna.ca/CityPage/Docs/PDF ... 022x72.pdf
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Have not seen new bridge, but pretty sure it's an issue of sightings, the hump in the road, and record of previous accidents at that location. I know turning left at pub before, you could see it ahead of time, and easily get around them.
Every time they make a major road improvement, someone usually loses access , in the name of better traffic flow and safety..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Have not seen new bridge, but pretty sure it's an issue of sightings, the hump in the road, and record of previous accidents at that location. I know turning left at pub before, you could see it ahead of time, and easily get around them.
Every time they make a major road improvement, someone usually loses access , in the name of better traffic flow and safety..

...true, but in that line of thinking one would expect the left turn east, when heading south and towards the bridge would have much more reduced sight lines...the turn in question is after the bridge hump, with full view of approaching traffic coming from the north...
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Its a saftey issue for sure, due to line of sight visability and traffic flow. Mostly traffic flow. I doubt it will be changed, as these same designs have been implemented all over the city lately.( a few places anyhow)
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

If you zoom in on the screen grab that Swoop posted you will see that there was a left turn signal planned for Truswell. It may be implemented when the project is fully completed.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
buteman
Fledgling

Re: No left turn onto Truswell from Lakeshore.

Post by buteman »

Oh I sure understand the frustration ,,, still trying to find an answer as to why they cut off the advanced green turning left off # 97 on to Pandosy / Lakeshore.

Return to “Central Okanagan”