A serious crash Monday night on Highway 33

hozzle
Lord of the Board

A serious crash Monday night on Highway 33

Post by hozzle »

So the report said
Neither speed, nor alcohol are believed to be factors in the crash and both vehicles were equipped with good winter tires.

So I can only guess that distracted driving or a mechanical failure are one of the plausible causes?
I hope everyone involved have a speedy recovery.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
atenbacon
Übergod

Re: A serious crash Monday night on Highway 33

Post by atenbacon »

hozzle wrote:So I can only guess.....

Correct.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Thanks for the affirmation, bacon :)
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Suicide attempt, my guess.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

I believe that the vehicular conflict arose at the always dangerous Goudie Road intersection.

Local residents have complained repeatedly for decades about the dangers of turning left while facing speeding oncoming traffic on a blind corner, and while the road was recently repaved, the Ministry neglected to improve the safety at all. In fact, they didn't even repave the left turn lane, leaving it a horrible bumpy broken pavement disaster waiting to happen.

Always a shame that the new BC Liberal road maintenance and safety policies wait for fatalities before changes are considered.

But then Joe Rich isn't West Kelowna, is it?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

How does a bumpy left turn lane make turning left more dangerous? Shouldn't drivers be crawling, watching for oncoming traffic?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Lady Pinot Blank
Fledgling

Post by Lady Pinot Blank »

phasyluck wrote:Suicide attempt, my guess.

Are you freaking kidding me with a comment like that. There is a very nice young man in very serious condition as a result of this horrific accident. Distracted driving was NOT a factor in this accident. This is a young hard working guy waaas heading home. He is now in Vancouver with his family by his side. It is going to be a long road to recovery. I wish him well.
AirHoss
Board Meister

Post by AirHoss »

Unlike anyone who has posted here so far, I was actually at the scene.

Firstly, Goudie Road has nothing to do with anything. The crash happened a kilometer west of that intersection. Both vehicles were travelling on 33 when it happened.

According to witnesses on the sceen and the layout of the accident, it was evident that the driver of the green car crossed the line in front of the oncoming Ram. He didn't stand a chance.
Why he did that, we do not know and I won't make any wild guesses. I'm sure your imaginations can take it from here.

I wish everyone well.

Return to “Central Okanagan”