Good Things about Kelowna Thread..

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Good Things about Kelowna Thread..

Post by MAPearce »

Coming from Vancouver Island , I miss the ocean..

A good thing about Kelowna is , on most days , the lake smells like one....

IMO , a lake shouldn't smell like an ocean , but I'll take it.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Sure - but you haven't managed to keep your shore from being an almost exclusive experience. Compare access to OK lake from Kelowna to that in Peachland or Penticton.... and to keep it Ktown vs Vtown.... Sunset Beach. English Bay. Jericho Beach. Spanish Banks. Varying levels of density, yet the beach and shore is open and accessible.

High density itself isn't a bad thing. Vancouver (proper, not metro) has six times the population in half the land area compared to kelowna (proper, not metro). If Kelowna is expecting to grow its population, and that population wants to be around the downtown or lakeshore - then you'll have to accept an increase in density. Difference is that in Kelowna, that density will probably be built right on the lakeshore, choking out public access and making citizens feel like visitors on their own beaches.

Stick to the topic. Please. And Merry Christmas.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Camping alongside people who drove 13 or more hours to get here and being able to go home and take the garbage out.

Driving alongside the lakes.

Even when I'm in slow moving traffic going across the bridge, I can gaze at the lake.

The summers.

The mild winters.

The green.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

What's good is the ability to sort-of circle the city on recreational pathways and remain mostly free of vehicle interaction.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “Central Okanagan”