Cab drivers disgusting comment to pregnant woman

Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Re: Cab drivers disgusting comment to pregnant woman

Post by Monsterdriver »

Those that migrate to roofing and paving crews as well taxi drivers etc., are usually a lot who have a checkered past (except the managers that hire them), and don't usually stand out for their intellectual contribution to society. Please just consider the source and move on, you are being bashed more on this forum than any ex-con in a cab could ever do.

I sometimes wonder if the drive (of forum bullies) is much different from a pedophile, where the anonymity of the internet and the safety of these forums afford them the power to strike out at vulnerable individuals.
Do you think their are people on here who achieve sexual gratification from the attack? Not much difference from that taxi driver.
Stupid or Ugly; you need to decide, you can't be both
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

The occupation of the man who made the comment is irrelevant.

What did the OP hope to accomplish by posting her story?

Nice attempt at trolling by suggesting people who disagree with OP the same as pedophiles.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Monsterdriver wrote:
I sometimes wonder if the drive (of forum bullies) is much different from a pedophile, where the anonymity of the internet and the safety of these forums afford them the power to strike out at vulnerable individuals.
Do you think their are people on here who achieve sexual gratification from the attack? Not much difference from that taxi driver.

Way to reduce the horrible crime perpetrated by pedophiles to those who write crass words on the internet. What's next people who park in handicap spaces are rapists?

Think before you post.
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

Gixxer wrote:The occupation of the man who made the comment is irrelevant.

What did the OP hope to accomplish by posting her story?

Nice attempt at trolling by suggesting people who disagree with OP the same as pedophiles.

It has nothing to do with disagreeing, but rather the manner in which some of the posters attack an individual on these forums, and I guarantee you 99% of them wouldn't dare do it face to face. It's none of your business what she hoped to accomplish, I would presume she was hurt and didn't know how to handle the situation or her feelings. Maybe she just wanted to voice her outrage.
Tell us Gixxer, when a child crys, do you comfort or slap that child?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Monsterdriver wrote:
It has nothing to do with disagreeing, but rather the manner in which some of the posters attack an individual on these forums, and I guarantee you 99% of them wouldn't dare do it face to face. It's none of your business what she hoped to accomplish, I would presume she was hurt and didn't know how to handle the situation or her feelings. Maybe she just wanted to voice her outrage.
Tell us Gixxer, when a child crys, do you comfort or slap that child?

Well first off we are talking about a grown working woman (assumed due to pregnancy) not a child...I might be wrong however as I do find it interesting that the Mother is the OP and the person who called the cab company, not the woman who received the very rude and insensitive comments. Why would the daughter not call to complain herself? Mothers should let their grown children fight their own battles, (I bet my mom would disagree, but I will battle with her later on that )
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

Hassel99 wrote:Way to reduce the horrible crime perpetrated by pedophiles to those who write crass words on the internet. What's next people who park in handicap spaces are rapists?.

Was I reducing a horrible crime, or elevating the anonymous attacks on well meaning, and perhaps helpless individuals seeking comfort on a social forum.
"What's next people who park in handicap spaces are rapists?", really! Maybe the mods should be monitoring these obvious safe zone attacks being made for no other obvious purpose than self gratification. Why did you pick rapist, not thief or some other crime?
Forum attacks seem to be the new bullying of the 21st century.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Monsterdriver wrote:Was I reducing a horrible crime, or elevating the anonymous attacks on well meaning, and perhaps helpless individuals seeking comfort on a social forum.
"What's next people who park in handicap spaces are rapists?", really! Maybe the mods should be monitoring these obvious safe zone attacks being made for no other obvious purpose than self gratification. Why did you pick rapist, not thief or some other crime?
Forum attacks seem to be the new bullying of the 21st century.

What is a safe zone ? Is that where you can make a ridiculous comment and no one will call you on it? My disagreement with your words does not reduce any level of “safety” at all.
I picked rape because you picked pedophile yet you get offended at rape but seem very happy toss around the sexual abuse of children as it if has a place in the conversation.

Again, you call me a bully because I disagree with you? Are you serious?

Why are you calling the woman helpless? I hope you noticed the Posted seeking comfort was not even the same person who this incident happened too.
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

Hassel99 wrote:Well first off we are talking about a grown working woman (assumed due to pregnancy) not a child...I might be wrong however as I do find it interesting that the Mother is the OP and the person who called the cab company, not the woman who received the very rude and insensitive comments. Why would the daughter not call to complain herself? Mothers should let their grown children fight their own battles, (I bet my mom would disagree, but I will battle with her later on that )

A grown pregnant woman, with hormones flying in all directions and this does effect the people around her.

I agree, she needs to stand on her own two feet, but right now those feet are swollen, her back hurts, she is self conscious that she is getting huge....... give her time to have her baby, and get back to her normal size.

Her mother was being protective as you probably would be, if it was your daughter or wife.
Leave the pregnant woman and her nervous mother alone, you can attack me for your gratification, I have big shoulders.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

LANDM wrote:"Ok I am fuming mad.............................Actually beyond mad, borderline homicidal."[/i]

Being borderline homicidal does not indicate that there would have been a rational conversation with the taxi company lady, regardless of what the OP says now.

kgcayenne wrote:You don't understand the concept of hyperbole very well, do you.

I would think I understand it about as well as you.....I don't want to presume I understand it better, since you will merely deny that, and it's not that hard of a concept, frankly. However, for *you* to understand the concept would mean that you realize that stating that he/she was borderline homicidal and fuming mad would *not* mean she was merely a bit upset.

The problem here is that, where you think that the OP is merely engaging in hyperbole and, thus, must have had a quiet and rational discussion withe the taxi lady, I take him/her more at face value since his/her subsequent discussion was not entirely rational and was full of continued anger. Additionally, the response that he/she gave from the lady indicated that the discussion was an angry and threatening one. Human behaviour is actually pretty predictable.

I understand that people are protective of their kids....I am too. However, since neither of us, presumably, were there and listening in on the discussion with the taxi company, you choose to make certain assumptions, and I have made others, based on what was presented.

For you to assume that I don't understand the range of possibilities is presumptuous. I merely have an opinion on a public Internet forum, like you and many others.
Can I be totally wrong in anything or everything I say? Sure. Absolutely!
I just don't believe that I am and I assume you don't believe you are either. And, frankly, it ultimately doesn't matter. It's just a bunch of folks talking and giving responses to a situation that the OP brought up and wanted validation on. People naturally get upset when their opinion isn't validated by others. This is what happened here and it isn't a black and white situation no matter what you may think.
You and 71 others Like this post
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

Hassel99 wrote:What is a safe zone ? Is that where you can make a ridiculous comment and no one will call you on it? My disagreement with your words does not reduce any level of “safety” at all.
I picked rape because you picked pedophile yet you get offended at rape but seem very happy toss around the sexual abuse of children as it if has a place in the conversation.

Again, you call me a bully because I disagree with you? Are you serious?

Why are you calling the woman helpless? I hope you noticed the Posted seeking comfort was not even the same person who this incident happened too.

I picked pedophile because it is a crime against a weaker, helpless individual, usually by a person that maintains their crime by fear and/or anonymity and thereby the gratification. You shouldn't jump to conclusions and assume I am acquainting internet bully's with child sexual abuse, just the power and anonymity these forums provide someone with that mind set.

Jumping to conclusions, where have I heard that before.

Be helpful or be silent!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

er, People can voice their opinion. You don't have to read it ( block can be your friend)
But you can't tell ppl to be silent.
*checks calendar, is it a full moon?*
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

I was regressing to much earlier time in Canada.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Makes one wonder why there is tolerance for rudeness and obnoxious behaviour. As noted here, respect has gone out the window - in every direction.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Monsterdriver wrote: you can attack me for your gratification, I have big shoulders.

I want to be 100% clear, no one attacked YOU. I simply commented on your comment. There is nothing personal at all about my posts, simply responding to your portion of this ongoing debate. These forums are here for debates, there is agreement and disagreement and it is by design. No one is bullying you, no one is attacking you (personal attacks get deleted here) If you do not want discussion (keep in mind this includes differing opinions) don't come to a discussion forum and open a discussion !!
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

I know this discussion has gone off topic, and this is my final post regarding it.

"Online communication has turned our world around by allowing people of all cultures, abilities and means to feel equal and freely express their views. Yet it let out those who thrive on anonymity, abuse and pain."

http://www.webpronews.com/internet-bull ... se-2001-08

I know some of you think that your posting is just your opinion, no more, it's a debate, but the timber of your wording projects much more than just an opinion. When someone is reaching for help, and instead they get slapped..... some day it may be you or someone you love.

My response to the topic:
What can we do to improve the standards and quality of the taxi service in my city?

Return to “Central Okanagan”