What happened to Pizza Hut?

Atomoa
Guru

Re: What happened to Pizza Hut?

Post by Atomoa »

If you remember these then you remember when PH was a contender as a sit down restaurant. Lineup's with families dressed up on Friday night. The places were clean. It's been interesting seeing many places get globally re-branded and reworked.

Like the KFC/Taco combo. I was just remembering when Tim Horton's actually baked things. You could get cheap, good pies there. Cakes. The yellow cups and coffee shop row seating.

Things change but to some people not for the better. Pizza hut is still pretty darn good n' greasey but those Priazzo things were really good and they made them from scratch onsite, but had to stop because they took too long for mass production. I think the PH menu was more like Boston Pizza's right now too. Of course I remember BP's being as dark as a West Coast steakhouse inside. I think BP used to cut their round pizza's square like Domino's did in the Noid days. Little Ceasars used to be really, really good too.

Quality vs quantity vs price as always.

Who would have thought that PH would end up as a mall kiosk place? Those Ret Hat places are dissapearing. Take a mental picture.

Edit in : not a neg review on PH or really any pizza place - just how things change.
Last edited by Atomoa on Dec 15th, 2014, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Their chicken wings were an abomination.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Captain Awesome wrote:Their chicken wings were an abomination.

Ditto for the pizza.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Well I would guess they're catering to the laziness of todays "busy" society and dropping overhead for similar bottom lines in the end.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

Makes sense. They are in business to make money and their sit down sales were probably more of a drain on the bottom line than a profit.

Atomoa, I enjoyed your comments. I too remember going to Pizza Hut on a Friday for a family dinner out, although we didn't dress up :) These days, it doesn't even cross my mind as a contender when we go out for dinner. I only think of PH when ordering in.

Life changes. Consumer habits change too. Interesting to see PH adapt.
bottleman
Fledgling

Post by bottleman »

I don't know how the Pizza Hut brand allows the downtown store to operate, compared to every other chain pizza place in town they seem to operate at the lowest standards of their franchise. Despite my better judgement I ordered some yesterday and the pizza I got was a under cooked and whole sections of the pie were just sauce and cheese with the toppings looking like someone just grabbed a handful and threw it on.

The delivery driver spoke maybe 2 words of English but that was fine compared to the last time I had some delivered about a year ago, back then it was some dirty slob in sweatpants and a stained T-shirt who was out of breath and had to put my pizza on the ground to figure out the debit machine, and back then the pizza was about the same caliber (poorly made and undercooked) which is why I was hesitant to try them again yesterday.

I usually try to give places the benefit of the doubt, which is why I gave them another chance, but the downtown Pizza Hut has been consistently terrible and last night will be that last time I ever order from there.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

When or if I get a pizza it usual from Panago
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

The downtown location? Where is that? Just curious. For me it is Yaki's in Summerland. Nothing better. It's on my commute so easy. Small business support.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Their pizza isn't what it used to be - it's still good but not as greasy as it used to be. The Pepperoni Lover's for example - it used to have a layer of cheese and covered in pepperoni topped with extra cheese and more pepperoni - the grease would literally ooze off of it - soooo good :)

I love real traditional pizza with simple and fresh toppings out of a wood oven but sometimes you just gotta fill that American style grease craving
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

Yum! Brands, Inc. or Yum! is an American fast food company. A Fortune 500 corporation, Yum operates the licensed brands Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, and WingStreet worldwide. Prior to 2011, Yum! also owned Long John Silver's and A&W Restaurants.

Based in Louisville, Kentucky, it is the world's largest fast food restaurant company in terms of system units—more than 40,000 restaurants around the world in over 125 countries. In 2013, Yum!'s global sales totaled more than US$13 billion.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum!_Brands
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

pizza factory in rutland-YUMMY-
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

If Pizza Hut is going strictly take-out... they should at least improve their website for ordering :(
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Could be just a temporary location until a fabulous new Pizza Hut is built.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

If you want the good old Pizza Hut pizza, loaded up and tasting like it used to get it in the States, its also half the price. Hansens is pretty good.
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

Okanagan Pizza at Reid's Corner.
Nom Nom Nom Nom!
Great Pizza. Great wings. People seem great!
Definitely a keeper!

Return to “Central Okanagan”