What happened to Pizza Hut?

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What happened to Pizza Hut?

Post by Ken7 »

Sadly, I don't think there is a Pizza shop in this City. I've tried many of them and its all the same, all weighed out no more then 3 ounces of meats, and the cheese must be the least expensive they can purchase.

What ever happened to a pie that a bite is a mouthful, quality meats, and quality cheese, so when you bite into it and the cheese strings away as you bite??

Help me, I need a good quality Greek style pizza with quality! I'll pay too, its worth it.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Ah there used to to be a place called Roma PIzza in the Westside a few years ago, it was dynamite and reasonably priced. Top quality cheeses and meats, but I think perhaps that is what was the eventual end of that business which is unfortunate. I used to drive there after work every few weeks to grab some and I was living in Glenmore at the the time.
Sure do love Rutland!!
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

I miss Godfathers Pizza and the Stuffed Pied Pizza
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
allisongray

Post by allisongray »

Good Brothers Pizza on Rutland Road is fantastic! Old school style with the toppings right to the crust. So good! If you're looking for good Greek style pizza, Olympia's on HWY 33 makes a great pie (along with every other mouth-watering item on their menu *drool*. But I digress...)
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

How about making your own? Oven baked thin crust sold at Save on, some homeade tomatoe sauce, lots of red onion, garlic, hot salami, fresh lemon basil, cherry tomatoes halved , lots of parmesan and mozza ......much cheaper, and so much tastier!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Tony D's was the only assembly ever worthy of being called good pizza.
It defined its own class.

Comparing pizzas made by international chains is insulting to pizza.
Imo theirs isn't pizza.
It's cheap dough and some kind of "cheese product" that's probably one molecule away from being classified as plastic.
Ugh.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Dunn Enzies buys their mozzarella from Medi Market.

"The good stuff"
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Ken7 wrote:<snip>...so when you bite into it and the cheese strings away as you bite??

Those commercials always gave me anxiety.

Lookout, cheese everywhere!
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

We make our own, BUT, if going to order or pick up, Olympia first choice then Pizza Factory.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I could be mistaken here, the pizza I remember with the most deli meats ever had to be made at Vern's pizza.

No positive or negative review on the above place.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

One thing about Vern's I liked is it was different and people either loved it or not so much. I think with the varying opinions on what a good pizza is and with a population of Kelowna, it's easier to try to appeal to all and make something non offensive (bland). Maybe that's the only way nowadays
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Yes, verns definitly the most stacked pizza ive ever seen. Think they called it the "Carnivore". They used all processed meats but awsome nonetheless.

I thought i heard the owner closed the location here in town becuase of family troubles, or somthing.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

now its a papa johns...but Verns was good....single slice of pizza was a meal it itself....

But if you look at how much pizzas cost these days...Crazy...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 20th, 2015, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: negative business review
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Papa John's still makes a pretty good pizza in my opinion.

Tonight I learned that every Tuesday is Customer Appreciation day...$11.99 for any pizza...any size. Certainly can't make it for that price.

I can't seem to understand where people buy their ingredients that they argue it's so much cheaper to make your own. Sure, you can make dough from scratch for cheap (but that takes actual time)...a quality pre-made crust is more than a few bucks. If you want something better than crap quality grocery store shredded cheese...there's several more dollars. Generous amounts of good quality meats are going to run you a few (hundred) pennies. Hell, by the time you add in the red onions, green peppers, mushrooms, etc. you've got 1/2 a cart of groceries.

Return to “Central Okanagan”